R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 06-12-2005, 04:22 PM   #3346
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default US Central Point Series Rd. 1

Well after the first round of the US Central Offroad Points Series...I took stock truck. TQ'd and won the main. Express HP was awesome as always and won the main by a half lap.

If you haven't tried the P2K2's that Tag is producing now, you should definently give them a try, they have tons of RPM and Torque all together in 1 package.

Tyler Keel - AE Region 9 Regional Director
Team Associated | Reedy | Jconcepts | Werks | Airtronics | Avid | Upgrade RC | Factory 1 RC
Tyler Keel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 08:24 PM   #3347
Tech Addict
Send a message via AIM to eforer

I'd like to thank the express crew for an awesome race weekend. Jarrod, Mark and I are already planning on another trip down and maybe even race a little stock. It was nice to finally drive on a real asphalt layout. You guys really put on a good show.

Special congrats to Jon Williams for doin' what he want!
Speed Merchant/Corally USA/Specialized RC/Team Kwik/Tekin/Sweep/Parma PSE/Team Pickles Performance
eforer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 08:25 PM   #3348
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 229 (99%+)

Great weekend at Jackson. Sorry that I couldn't make it back for the mains I was feeling VERY whoped after Sat , I was probly a little dehydrated. Can't wait to find out the results.
***Team driver for Team Associated, Reedy, A-Main Hobbies, Lutz RC, Alpha Engines and Integy***
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 09:34 PM   #3349
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Hey Jon had a blast you guys & Jackson put on a really great program.
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup
2014 Hosted Events Roar Paved Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds
2015 Roar Fuel On Road Nationals,U.S.World Nitro Cup Completed
2016 U.S. World Nitro Cup Dec 7th - Dec 11th
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 11:46 PM   #3350
Tech Addict

Congrats to my boy Cuffs!! Give me ring when you have a chance...I'll see you all soon...

Juan Carlos
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:17 AM   #3351
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

How did Cuffs do in modified? I thought this year he was stepping up to run with the big boys?
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 07:16 AM   #3352
Tech Addict

THIS IS NOT FREDDY AGAIN! It's not logging me out for some reason.

(Pickles, I do what I WANT!!!)

That's right! The first inaugural eXpress Paved On-road Championship comes to a thundering close.

The racing was TREMENDOUS and the buzz in the pits was that this was one of the most enjoyable races people have attended. Throughout the weekend, we had swaps back and forth for TQs in each class. Obviously, I'm biased, but I think this was the most fun I've had at an R/C event ever.

First and foremost big props go out to the Jackson crew for putting on an excellent program. For their first quasi-national level event, the proceedings went on with very little drama. Dean, Al, Greg, Ray and the other Jackson members--thank you for your hard work. We couldn't have done it without you!

I'd also like to thank all the sponsors of our event: Tekin (for the ultracool three fastest laps awards), BMI, Associated, Parma PSE, Rubberneck Racing.

Onto the racing itself: first and foremost Team eXpress was out in full force and pretty much dominating the mains: 8 out of the 10 drivers in the A in stock and 3 out of the 10 in 19T were running eXpress Motorsports batteries and motors.

Where to begin...the first two rounds were as expected: Jeff Cuffs, Tim Getchell, Robbie Dodge, Mike Herald and I were the top qualifiers in stock. In 19T, Mike Dobbs owned TQ while Cuffs, Mike Herald, Craig Xavier and Mike Dunnigan were top 5 after two rounds.

For the third round (aka: 'rocket round'), things were heating up nicely. First of all it was nighttime and the lights were blaring and the cars were looking *FAST*! The atmosphere was charged. (It's amazing how much your depth perception changes at night--believe me.) The stock A round was super tight: Jeff Cuffs and Mike Herald Jr. fought for TQ until the very end with Cuffs coming out on top. 3rd, 4th and 5th were all fought within 1.5 seconds between Robbie Dodge, Tim Getchell and me.

19T A qualifier was similarly dramatic with Cuffs, Mike Haynes and Craig Xavier fighting for the top spot. Mike Haynes ended up securing TQ by a slim margin over Cuffs and Xavier.

In nitro, eXpress driver Mike Mal walked away with TQ by a landslide foreshadowing what was to come in the mains.

For the mains on Sunday the weather was beautiful. The mains followed suit: in sportsman stock, the battle was furious for 3rd through 7th positions with our very own Freddy Bordenabe battling back from last to claim the third spot (watch out for the takeout, Chris the Cop!) In nitro as predicted Mike Mal won by an astonishing 9 laps over 2nd place. (There were even bets in the pits on how *many* laps Mike would win by. :LOL: )

In stock, the racing again was super tight with Mike Herald following bumper to bumper with Jeff Cuffs until the end. Jeff in his usual fashion prevailed and took the 1st place plaque in stock touring. Finishers were: Cuffs, Herald, Getchell, Williams, Saunders.

19T was a similar battle was under way with Cuffs quickly taking over the top spot and Craig Xavier shuffling Mike Haynes back to third place. Further back in the field, Mike Dobbs and yours truly worked hard after getting pushed back to 9th and 10th positions respectively at the start to work our way up to a respective 5th and 6th positions.

In modified, a hard fought three-way battle was ensuing between TQ Andrew Gray, Mike McMahon and Ray Darroch. Ray Darroch had the fastest ride of the three, Mike McMahon the most balanced chassis and Andrew Gray a good comprimise between the two. Positions were swapped back and forth until Andrew Gray prevailed with the freshest tires--the guys were sliding around in the sweeper after using the tires up halfway through the main.

Again, big thanks to all the racers for coming out from as far as Ontario, Canada to run at our event. We're looking forward to possibly putting on a carpet event in the near future and definitely another aspalt event same time next year.
Freddybnj_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 07:36 AM   #3353
Tech Rookie
Thumbs up GREAT RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to give a BIG Thanks to the crew at Jackson R/C and Express for a great racing weekend (despite the 90+ temps). The guys running Jackson are all "club" members and volunteers, but put forth a VERY professional racing experience. Express guys- Jon, John, and of course, Freddy- you guys are top notch as well, making sure that ALL the needs of the racers were taken care of (even a COOKOUT), and keeping the rules fair and honest for EVERYONE, no matter who they were. We need more races like this where drivers can come in from out-of-town and know that they have an even playing field, showing no favoritism for ANYONE because of who they are or are associated with. Thanks, and looking forward to next year already! John Peoples
John@RiverJct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:13 AM   #3354
Tech Addict

Williams speaking: John, thank you for the kind words! We were thrilled to hear you, Ray and Dan were making the trip out. It was our pleasure to be the hosts of the event.

On another note: we hope to have the results up later tonight on our website. Please check back late this evening for updates. (Dean, I'll shoot you an e-mail later. )
Freddybnj_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:31 AM   #3355
Tech Adept

Just want to thank Jon Williams this weekend for all the help with my car and all the good info with the motor.

Dr Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:39 AM   #3356
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

the weekend was awesome...Now, I just need to learn to drive...I let a very good 19T car go to waste

Other than that, good time and some of the best (and closest) racing I've seen in a very long time...Open Mod was sick fast!!!
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:46 AM   #3357
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Fantastic job eXpress motorsports! Thanks for the memories. Lookin' forward to next year.
Quinn Moon

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:06 AM   #3358
Tech Master

Great race guys...........Thanks again to Jackson RC and Express Motorsports for taking care of me this weekend..Had a great time....

Talk to soon Jon
Mike McMahon
Velocity RC Magazine
Email: mike@vrcmag.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vrcmag
mcmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 01:09 PM   #3359
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've got some "thank you's" to give out too. First off, Jon, John and Freddy you guys put together a great race. You guys were always approachable for questions and eager to help out. The Jackson crew, they did a terrific job keeping things running smooth and having practice lap times and race info posted quickly.

I also have to say the McMoney designed plaques are sick!

BTW- results are posted on the Jackson raceway site.
Mike Webb

rD Squared-MW Designs-C and R racing

Final Thoughts RC club R.I.P.
killingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 01:26 PM   #3360
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You're motors seem to be awesome. But my LHS just can't get them! He said that you're out of stock on the stock motors. When do you think you can get some in, so that all of us in Northern California can get our hands on one?

FYI- I go to All Speed Hobbies.
Team Powers | ORCA | OD 12 Racing | NorCal Hobbies | JWerks | Sonic Racing | Team Gayzer | AYO Racing | Team Hastings | Uncle Larry Concepts | Moonlight Toys
stonedgti is offline   Reply With Quote