R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 04-10-2005, 03:43 PM   #2101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson

Hey,

I finally got to run my fk05 this weekend, had a good time with it, too soon to tell if its faster than the old car, but looks good so far, and much easier to tape in a pack like that rather my my 04 saddles, lol.

tag- thanks for the shipment! had crazy rip all weekend and have another purdy trophy! lol

BTW, I am going to plan on running some mod asphalt sedan at trains and lanes next weekend, anyone run there or know if there onroad track is set up?
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 04:45 PM   #2102
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffb
John F. How would you compare the RDX to the FK05...since you have both? I am trying to make a decision on a new TC. Thanks.
Well, I bought the RDX because I didn't think I would be getting the new T1FK'05, but that changed the first time I held one....lol. I've always been an Xray guy so it was hard not to resist the urge to have the new kit...

So a comparison between both kits? Both are exotic and inspire to be awesome in the hands of a great driver (look at snowbirds results and Tosolini and Cuffs at the Roar Nats.)

The RDX is such a great build, and so is the Xray. I actually had to modify a few things on the Xray that I did not like, but I did not have to do that on the RDX. Build quality on both kits are exceptional. It's nice that the RDX offers all the options a racer would like right out of the box (Alum C-hubs, f/r sway bars etc) The shocks are super smooth on the RDX and on the Xray too if you build them correct (Ask Williams, he's the Xray shock master)
Xray you'll have to buy a few options to get it really race worthy (front anti-roll bar and spring set is a must have)

As for track testing, both are very fast when you push it, and they'll take it too. I feel i'm a little more consistant with the Xray, but that could be due to the RDX being a little brittle compared to the Xray. I felt I needed to not be so close to the pipe with the RDX compared to the Xray because the Xray could take the hit and not break where the RDX could and you'll be done with the race with a DNF.

Both are exceptional cars.. Good luck with your decision!

John
Old 04-10-2005, 04:59 PM   #2103
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson

i would say forgo the R(eally) D(elicate) X(ray) for a 05, lol. really though, both cars are really close and its just personal prefernce and parts availablity, although the rdx is on the whole more fragile. from what i have heard the rdx in stock almost steers a bit too much... Although look at the results they are pretty much tied, the past few a mains has been a toss up in stock between the two companies...
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 06:50 PM   #2104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Jeff B, If you had a choice, choose the Xray. Parts around here are easy to get now. A lot of us run the new kit (not me of course) and it can take a beating (trust me) and won't break as easy. I believe you'll damage tires (don't ask) before you break a arm or hub. The Xray seems more consistant too me. Feels smooth and is quick too. You'll do better with it then before. Plus they seem easy to drive when setup right. I don't know but I love my Xray and wouldn't choose anything besides that car! Well I can't change, I have too much rapped up in parts! Well, whatever choice you make, you'll be good to go! Choose wisely now!

Dan
Old 04-10-2005, 06:58 PM   #2105
Tech Elite

Hey guys,

Went racing at West Chester again today. Had a blast doing it! I qualifed last in the B, and finshed first somehow in the B! I'm happy with it and will take my points as well! Well next week I run with the big dogs. I managed to finsh strong and sqeek into the A main for next weekends challenge race! I'm happy, hopefully I can get a good postion next weekend. We'll see!

Steve, thanks again for bring my truer home! By the way you make a good pit buddy as well! Cya next week.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #2106
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for the opinions guys, I'm trying to find a way to be different as 90% of the cars at the local track are X-ray. I was told that I could run the 50% or the 20% arms and the rubberneck bumper and that should be as durable as most other TCs out there, but with no RDX's to see at my track I have no proof. I will probly buy the X-ray anyway but I was told that the rubberneck bumper was a must for that car as well. If anyone has more info on either car I would appreciate it. I think I will wait another week or two to find out what I can. Thanks again.

Jeff B.
jeffb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 07:01 PM   #2107
Tech Champion

Congarts to Express driver Jim Herman for winning the touring stock A main and taking TQ at the final big trophy race of the season at The Gate

Also congrats to Dan Hartman for Quilifying 2nd and having a great proformance and to the others running Express motors& batteries to place in the A main also

Great weekend to all Express drivers

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 07:03 PM   #2108
Tech Champion

Jeff the rubberneck bumper has saved me $1,000,000 in spares, well worth the $

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
Old 04-10-2005, 07:09 PM   #2109
Tech Elite

Jeff B - I have a rubberneck bumper on both my RDX and Xray.... IMO it's a must for any car! Not bad for 6$ and it lasts you over a year in racing.

Need peoples opinion.....what's the 190mm body of choice for asphalt right now? Need to paint one up to cut for rubber tires
Old 04-10-2005, 07:13 PM   #2110
Tech Champion

Mazda6 Mazda6 Mazda6 Mazda6 Got It, Mazda6

Old 04-10-2005, 07:26 PM   #2111
Tech Elite

Tag you got it all wrong man, its a Lotus body dude! Those work great outdoors! Extremely fast with great downforce. You can really feel the force in the turns and on the straight!

Really the Mazda works great!

Anyone try a Parma Alpha on pavement? I would like to know the how it works out.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:00 PM   #2112
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Parma on pavement, no dice--way too loose in the rear for pavement.

Congrats to Jim for TQing and winning the Gate 'closer' this weekend and to Dan and another unnameable (you know who you are) for your A-main showings.

Getting psyched for pavement, kids. I'll be on the pavement Tuesday for a little outdoor testing.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:01 PM   #2113
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by John Tag
Mazda6 Mazda6 Mazda6 Mazda6 Got It, Mazda6
That's what my shop UFO body is, but I don't want to beat that up at West Chester. I'll see if Horham has any in stock.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:05 PM   #2114
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

West Chester is synonymous with 'destruction'. Seriously, it's hard to think of good racing with all the nightmarish stories that come back from that track.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:07 PM   #2115
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by John Tag
Jeff the rubberneck bumper has saved me $1,000,000 in spares, well worth the $
LOL, thanks!!

Good runnin Jimmy!!

KE
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote