R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 03-30-2005, 02:45 PM   #1831
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If Tag started wrapping Mods I think I would go insane. how cool would that be to have express front to back in my buggy at the nats. Come on Tag ya gotta learn
Old 03-30-2005, 02:46 PM   #1832
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
Quinn - PM back at ya.

$40 for racing at indoor WC??? Oh my god. I would rather pay to race in my bedroom, and I think that's bigger than the WC indoor track....lol
Yeah... Highway robbery! Paul didn't ask anyone, if, they wanted to run a "handout" class. I'm told, on the 1st day of the so-called "Handout series", Paul brought this box of motors out and went around giving every racer a motor and charged them $40.00 to race. This series is five weeks long (which is over this weekend, by the way - thank God!), that's five weeks in a row! Now who holds a series in consecutive weeks? That's right - no one! All the series I've ever been in were at least 2 weeks to a month or more apart. To add further insult to injury, you can't even take the motor home. You have to give it back to him after the mains are over. To go even further, Paul doesn't even tech them. Checks for the "special" markings on the can and back in to the box with the others. I think its really ridiculous. It wouldn't have been an issue, if, he had made the handout series a secondary class to the normal racing or maybe spaced the "series" races out over a couple of months. At least, the normal Sunday crowd, who chose not to compete in the "handout Series" would still be able to race. I didn't like the thought of being forced to race in a series - not having an option, other than not racing at all for 5 straight weeks. It totally sucked!

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 02:49 PM   #1833
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Steve Bahnatka

u just had to get quinn all fired up... didnt ya danny!?!?
Old 03-30-2005, 02:53 PM   #1834
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Barry
If Tag started wrapping Mods I think I would go insane. how cool would that be to have express front to back in my buggy at the nats. Come on Tag ya gotta learn
I wouldn't mind having express front-to-back on my touring car either
Old 03-30-2005, 03:01 PM   #1835
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quinn, AMEN brother! Amen! Well spoken as well. Now I wonder why he did that. Seems like a sneaky sceam for someone too make a quick buck off of us. Personal I didn't want to run that thing, but what else is there too do if I want to run sedan. If I chose not to run sedan, my car would sit and collect dust for a while and I would have to run 1/12 scale with the family. (Another thing I dread) Personal I hate what he did. Its not a right or justiful move for him to make. Many of us chose certain people to do are motors or build them are selves. I really wanted to run my Exrpess motor there bad. It had more rip in it then what I could be able to build in one of mine. With the teching then, I can't agree with it. Its one of the worse things you can do there. They're not even teched right. No looking at the armeture just a can number. He doesn't mark the arm with a number so you could switch the thing out too. You could buy the exact same motor off a selve and just dremel a number into the thing and have a better motor then all of us. You could switch out the motor with a identical one and he wouldn't notice. I seen people there that have the motor put in so that he can't read the number, take it too there pits and hand him a motor back. Now what if that person didn't run that motor and somehow made the thing become hot so that it passed inspection. I say a MANTORY tech is needed like the ORL or how ROAR does it. If someone doesn't step in, I will. I remember how someone cheated there by installing a mod arm into a stock can. No names need, but all who races there should know. Why doesn't he do this outside I will never understand. I say the people who do it are suckers for following, including myself for this series. This is all I will have to say about this topic. Thanks for listing, and sorry about a page full of non sense. Boy I can type and quick too!

On a brighter side of things, would anyone like too start a 19T class at West Chester for the summer? We can run "bring your own motor series" and rubbers or foams for a class. We need 3 yes 3 people for one class. I'm in, would anyone else care to join?
Old 03-30-2005, 03:05 PM   #1836
Tech Elite

Steve, no I didn't. My post is longer then his anyways. I didn't know he was on still. Just telling someone what the cost was. It was up too that individual to bring what was on his mind. Besides, what is done is done, I personally think that no one wanted to do the handout series race. Well not in that aspect, but I believe that not mentioning a date for it, telling us if you want too run you need this and forcing us too cough up $40 bucks is not a way to mandate things. It was all planned I tell you, planned!

Last edited by Team Speedy; 03-30-2005 at 03:17 PM.
Team Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:07 PM   #1837
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Team Speedy
Quinn, AMEN brother! Amen! Well spoken as well. Now I wonder why he did that. Seems like a sneaky sceam for someone too make a quick buck off of us. Personal I didn't want to run that thing, but what else is there too do if I want to run sedan. If I chose not to run sedan, my car would sit and collect dust for a while and I would have to run 1/12 scale with the family. (Another thing I dread) Personal I hate what he did. Its not a right or justiful move for him to make. Many of us chose certain people to do are motors or build them are selves. I really wanted to run my Exrpess motor there bad. It had more rip in it then what I could be able to build in one of mine. With the teching then, I can't agree with it. Its one of the worse things you can do there. They're not even teched right. No looking at the armeture just a can number. He doesn't mark the arm with a number so you could switch the thing out too. You could buy the exact same motor off a selve and just dremel a number into the thing and have a better motor then all of us. You could switch out the motor with a identical one and he wouldn't notice. I seen people there that have the motor put in so that he can't read the number, take it too there pits and hand him a motor back. Now what if that person didn't run that motor and somehow made the thing become hot so that it passed inspection. I say a MANTORY tech is needed like the ORL or how ROAR does it. If someone doesn't step in, I will. I remember how someone cheated there by installing a mod arm into a stock can. No names need, but all who races there should know. Why doesn't he do this outside I will never understand. I say the people who do it are suckers for following, including myself for this series. This is all I will have to say about this topic. Thanks for listing, and sorry about a page full of non sense. Boy I can type and quick too!

On a brighter side of things, would anyone like too start a 19T class at West Chester for the summer? We can run "bring your own motor series" and rubbers or foams for a class. We need 3 yes 3 people for one class. I'm in, would anyone else care to join?
I failed to mention the fact, that, the motors were DOGS, Danny. Good follow up. I heard more complaints by guys who know how to build a fast motor. As far as the cheating goes... you're absolutley correct. It's being done, just as you described. Here's the kicker... the main person doing all the cheating, is the same person who brought this "handout series" to Paul in the first place.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC

Last edited by kewdawg; 03-30-2005 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:14 PM   #1838
Tech Master

Quote:
I remember how someone cheated there by installing a mod arm into a stock can. No names need, but all who races there should know
hmm.... who would do such a thing?? did you guys ever see the cheater sign i mad for him?
Old 03-30-2005, 03:18 PM   #1839
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Little Bahnatka
hmm.... who would do such a thing?? did you guys ever see the cheater sign i mad for him?
Nah, Steve. I missed that one. Should've got that one on the camera phone.

Old 03-30-2005, 03:21 PM   #1840
Tech Elite

O, I see clearly now what is going on. Okay, we're done with this topic. All inquires can be brought up too Quinn and I via Pm or E-mail now. This is a waste of space on Express's forum and I sincerly apologize about what had happen.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:24 PM   #1841
Tech Elite

Quote:
O, I see clearly now what is going on. Okay, we're done with this topic. All inquires can be brought up too Quinn and I via Pm or E-mail now. This is a waste of space on Express's forum and I sincerly apologize about what had happen.
Sorry Danny. Thought you knew.

Old 03-30-2005, 03:29 PM   #1842
Tech Master

true quinn true...those motors are slow!, but they are perfect for a tiny track!,or a slave motor

danny i made a couple avatars for you, here is 1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dtp 2 copy.jpg (12.5 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by Steve Bahnatka; 03-30-2005 at 03:36 PM.
Steve Bahnatka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:32 PM   #1843
Tech Master

heres the other
Attached Images
File Type: jpg danny-t.h.s.e-avatar.jpg (2.9 KB, 46 views)
Old 03-30-2005, 03:39 PM   #1844
Tech Elite

Quinn, didn't mean to trash you there, buddy, sorry man. But didn't know who was behind the series think until now.

Steve, I hate you! The first one I like, the second one, hate to break it, yeah the team fell apart the day it happened. Personally I like the Avater I have now, just got too enlarge it a bit more. I'm keeping the one I have now. But thanks though. O Steve, you do have a pm their buddy.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:43 PM   #1845
Tech Master

i got it.