R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 12-23-2014, 06:52 AM   #18226
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
I should have them by then, Ill bring a few. I'll be there Sunday am.
Not sure why I put Saturday. See ya Sunday morning.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:39 AM   #18227
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Sean_007
Smile Race Report

Race #4
Stock Buggy saw another with my eXpress Motorsports HT/HT D4 keep me on the podium for a Qualification of 3rd and Finishing 3rd.
Stock SCT was a frustrating race Qualifying 3rd and Finishing 4th just off the podium. My eXpress Motorsport HT/HT KillShot With lap traffic ending my chance to stay on the podium as I was up with the leaders for the entire race up until that point.

Race #5
Stock Buggy with the speed of the HT/HT D4 from eXpress Motorsports put me on a TQ for the Main and I Managed to finish 2nd after a few driver errors.
Stock SCT was another frustrating race. After discovering my truck was not counting properly with the system I moved my transponder down to the lowest part in the Chassis. I managed to Qualify 5th and unfortunately the system let me down again and completely missed 2 of my laps. I placed 8th in the race report and after review of my video I should have been placed 5th in the main. I hope to work with the track facility to determine what is the cause of the miss counts next week on the Maintenance day. Otherwise the KillShot HT/HT kept me on pace with all the leaders.

Currently Sit 2nd in Points in Stock Buggy and 3rd in Stock SCT with 4 more races to Go!

Vids
http://youtu.be/oF5vx5T8bRM?list=PL-...SuqrLlxhpSHO6n

http://youtu.be/SaAD1jryq9Y?list=PL-...SuqrLlxhpSHO6n

http://youtu.be/pB6_PGpg13U?list=PL-...SuqrLlxhpSHO6n

http://youtu.be/VTVf-ezVRig?list=PL-...SuqrLlxhpSHO6n

1/03/2015 Stock Buggy A-Main

12/20/2015 Stock Buggy A-Main

Thanks You eXpress Motorsports for your Support!
Cause a Bad Day of Racing is Always Better than a Good Day at the Office!
Racing: Losi SCTE, Losi 22 SCT, AND Losi 22 2.0 Buggy
Sean_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:53 AM   #18228
Tech Apprentice

Talking Race Report

WRCR Race #6 is in the Books.

Another Up and Down Racing event for me.

First Up Stock 2wd Buggy
Qualification was difficult at best to run a clean race. Qualifier was full of 4 very young drivers which in time they will get better. Helping out the younger generation out is always a good time and full of good times and laughs. I was able to qualify 2nd for the A-Main.
A-Main was a great race and both the Leader and I was able to break away from the pack but by lap 3 I had passed the leader after he wasn't able to get around a back marker cleanly. After that It was just making the right decisions on how to get around the back markers. I was able to get at least a lap on everyone except 2nd but had 11 seconds on him by the end of the race. Thanks again to my D4 HT/HT Motor I was able to pull away from the pack without any problems.

http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...y_(A_Main).xml

2nd Stock SCT
Qualifications and track I was managed to qualified 3rd in the field. Struggled with lap traffic again throughout the qualifiers. I was pushing too hard and making too many little mistakes.
The Stock SCT A-Main wasn't my best showing again. First lap my bumper got entangled up with another vehicle and put me in last place. I pushed hard and was able to get up to 3rd Place by lap 5 and 2nd by lap 9. But this was as far as I could get. Still pushing I was getting entangled in traffic making mistakes and having bad luck. Ended up finishing 4th. Overall still a great day of racing and thanks to eXpress Motorsports KillShot HT/HT Motor got me from last to 4th today.

http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...T_(A_Main).xml

Watch My WRCR Season @
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...SuqrLlxhpSHO6n

Thanks Again
Sean "007"
Old 01-20-2015, 07:37 PM   #18229
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Sorry haven't been on here in awhile. Been real busy at real job and home.

Sean, Man amazing results awesome job!!!! Great detailed reports..Keep up the great work for sure.............

I been playing with the new D41S motors, Looks like they will be the way to go in Touring and 1/12 classes for sure. Lots more RPM for sure.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:34 PM   #18230
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to TC3MIKE

Hey John been a long time since we last talked (Rockhill 2008 maybe) but anyways, I couldnt get a straight answer from a Trinity driver in MRH track about how can the new D41S would perform in touring car.
TC3MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 02:26 PM   #18231
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default D4 1S 17.5 tc

John,
3.8 fdr for small carpet track appears to work well for 17.5 tc😄
farmbridge2404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:21 PM   #18232
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3MIKE View Post
Hey John been a long time since we last talked (Rockhill 2008 maybe) but anyways, I couldnt get a straight answer from a Trinity driver in MRH track about how can the new D41S would perform in touring car.
Seems right now many are starting to choose the !s over the standard version of the D4 style motors. They do have a higher RPM base to boot and smooth power band. Most are in the 3.8-3.95 range to start at 50* avg. The later batches of std D4 motors also been really good and lots of low end rip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmbridge2404 View Post
John,
3.8 fdr for small carpet track appears to work well for 17.5 tc��
Yea, Seems that's the area most are shooting for at the current time. Glad that worked out well.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
Old 01-29-2015, 06:44 PM   #18233
Tech Adept

Thumbs up D4 1S for TC

[Yea, Seems that's the area most are shooting for at the current time. Glad that worked out well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks John!

I'm really happy with the 17.5 Express D4, the local fast guy thought I was running13.5.
What is a good baseline for TC 13.5 D4 1S?
50 deg timing as well?
Are they supposed to run a tad warmer as compared to the killshots?
Old 01-29-2015, 07:46 PM   #18234
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3MIKE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmbridge2404 View Post
John,
3.8 fdr for small carpet track appears to work well for 17.5 tc��

Yes, seems they will run a tad warmer than most motors. I heard lots saying temps of 135-165 range. TC 13.51S I would start about 4.35-4.45 to start and do short run first and check temps. Same 50* to start .

Old 01-29-2015, 08:57 PM   #18235
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
Yes, seems they will run a tad warmer than most motors. I heard lots saying temps of 135-165 range. TC 13.51S I would start about 4.35-4.45 to start and do short run first and check temps. Same 50* to start .
Will do more testing this weekend
I noticed about 1mm play, is that ideal?
50* to start => I'm assuming endbell not true timing, right?

Thanks a lot John for having awesome products!
Old 02-02-2015, 11:00 PM   #18236
Tech Champion

Aloha John, Just stopping by to say hi and I hope all is well with you. Hope your guys did well at the birds!
www.apexrc.com - Hawaii's #1 RC Proshop

Share & Like Our Page:https://www.facebook.com/ApexRCProshop
Win free stuff!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:53 AM   #18237
Tech Apprentice

Default WRCR Round #7

Another Great weekend of Racing
I started my weekend off helping a Mother with repairing her son's Stampede transmission so he could make the 1st Qualifier. It was a good start to my day that I think help set the tone for the night.

TQed for the Stock Buggy for the A-Main. Traffic and Track conditions were difficult thru-out the day. The A-Main saw me get passed by the second lap and on the 3rd lap a back marker ran into me and with a unfortunate marshaling put be back to the clutches of 3rd place battle. I fought back to retain the 2nd place position!

Qualifying 3rd place in the Stock SCT Class. Again anxiety of my past performances and starts had me on Edge. The first 2 turns sealed my fate But this time going into the chicane I was in the lead!!! Unfortunately my truck was a little to loose at the start of the race and I wasnt able to stay in the lead. I battled a few times with 3rd place but always retained the position. Great end to the race I was caught at the line by the buzzer finishing 2nd!

Stock Buggy Race
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsOV...ature=youtu.be

Race Results
http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...y_(A_Main).xml

Stock SCT Race
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dc_...ature=youtu.be

Stock SCT Race Results
http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...T_(A_Main).xml
Attached Thumbnails
eXpress Motorsports-img_1849.jpg   eXpress Motorsports-img_1850.jpg  

Last edited by Sean_007; 02-04-2015 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:13 AM   #18238
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

John, it seems that your website domain isn't working. Any 17.5 1S in stock?

REFLEXRACING.NET * TEXASEOS.NET * YOKOMO
b20btec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:01 PM   #18239
Tech Champion

Yes, In stock.

Sean awesome report as always great job. You put a lot of effort in your program racing and medi time with Team and all..Great job again!!!

Old 02-13-2015, 07:05 PM   #18240
Tech Champion

Hey all...

Yes our web site is down for right now. The site has been out dated for some time now. So we been looking at a new updated site. We hope to have new site open in not to long of time. But in mean time if anybody needs anything we still do have most items in reg daily stock. Best contact is Tagstime@hotmail.com . With real racing season in full kick now at work I may be on the road from time to time so please allow 24-48 hrs for reply.

Thanks all for your continued support looking forward to a great 2015