R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-09-2014, 04:58 PM   #18211
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Hey all..

Sorry I haven't been on here in awhile just been on the road at tracks with work past 6-8 weeks. Travel and away has been tough hours for sure.. Now race season is almost over things will be slowing down I should be home more.

Great job all on your results..Awesome work as always!!

Gearing for Touring I start at 3.72-3.75 range for 17.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach View Post
Hello folks. I tried to reach Mr. Tag by email today with no luck. Kept getting a failure notice sent back to me. Is there another to way to reach him?
Tagstime@hotmail.com

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:42 PM   #18212
Tech Champion

**** Congrat's Devin Patterson on his win today in The Time Zone Grand Prix in 17.5 Touring ...Great job Devin!!

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
Old 11-12-2014, 08:26 PM   #18213
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade67 View Post
Curious to how the "Tornado" HT compares to one of the certified D4 17.5's
+1
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:02 AM   #18214
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Which 13.5 would you suggest for 1/12 carpet? Thanks
poole72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:50 AM   #18215
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Sean_007
Default 4 Months of No RC is Too Long

Finally was able to go racing! Work has prevented me for too many months. First time trying out the 22 2.0 as a mid motor w/ D4 17.5 HT/HT and T'QD / Finished second in a spectacular race where both myself and the eventual winner both ended back in last place on the first lap and raced all the way back to front. The SCT Stock Class w/ KillShot HT/HT had a similar start after I qualified second and fell victim to first corner rush being hit from behind, and sent to the back of the pack. I battled to get myself back on the podium to finish out a great night of racing. 4 months without racing is too long. I was suffering from withdrawals.
Thanks again to Express Motorsports for all their help in allowing me to enjoy every race!

Check out the Vids at http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...SuqrLlxhpSHO6n
Racing: Losi SCTE, Losi 22 SCT, AND Losi 22 2.0 Buggy
Sean_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 05:34 PM   #18216
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6cj View Post
+1
There both the same base motors. Theres are hand picked for the top 5%. Ours are tuned as we feel needed and we don't hold any special ones aside we sell all we got at same price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poole72 View Post
Which 13.5 would you suggest for 1/12 carpet? Thanks
Andrew.. The D4 based motor with the 12.5mm HT TEP1112 rotor. That's our Tornado motor which is best choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_007 View Post
Finally was able to go racing! Work has prevented me for too many months. First time trying out the 22 2.0 as a mid motor w/ D4 17.5 HT/HT and T'QD / Finished second in a spectacular race where both myself and the eventual winner both ended back in last place on the first lap and raced all the way back to front. The SCT Stock Class w/ KillShot HT/HT had a similar start after I qualified second and fell victim to first corner rush being hit from behind, and sent to the back of the pack. I battled to get myself back on the podium to finish out a great night of racing. 4 months without racing is too long. I was suffering from withdrawals.
Thanks again to Express Motorsports for all their help in allowing me to enjoy every race!

Check out the Vids at http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...SuqrLlxhpSHO6n
WoW, Awesom drive for that come back..Nice job ..Great report.

Old 11-26-2014, 05:02 PM   #18217
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

John, you around the weekend?
lidebt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:23 AM   #18218
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Sean_007
Default Race Report

Another Weekend in the books @ WRCR (Series Race #3). A Great Weekend of Racing. Needed to Tweak the setups for both my Stock Buggy and Stock SCT all day to Dial them in. This got me to Qualifiying both in the 2nd Position for both Stock 17.5 Blinky Buggy and Stock 17.5 Blinky SCT. Finishing 2nd for both the classes. It was a good weekend of racing and Can't wait for the next round. Thanks John and eXpress Motorsports for the support. Both the D4 17.5 HT/HT in the Losi 22B 2.0 and the Killshot 17.5 HT/TH in th 22SCT did the Job to keep me in the front of the Pack!

http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...and=1512375782

http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...and=1193354401

Season Points: http://wrcr.biz/Results/2014-2015/cu..._2014-2015.pdf

Check out me and my racing @ https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...SuqrLlxhpSHO6n
Thanks for Watching!!
Racing: Losi SCTE, Losi 22 SCT, AND Losi 22 2.0 Buggy
Sean_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:56 AM   #18219
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello John
Thank you for fast shipping on my High tq 13.5 Killshot !!
First time racing in super stock 13.5 shortcourse class. Bunch of fast guys running this class but i posted fastest lap and came in 2nd after a mishap with the pipe !!
Home track : Coyote Hobbies,Ca
Lowe's48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:16 PM   #18220
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe's48 View Post
Hello John
Thank you for fast shipping on my High tq 13.5 Killshot !!
First time racing in super stock 13.5 shortcourse class. Bunch of fast guys running this class but i posted fastest lap and came in 2nd after a mishap with the pipe !!
Nice outing in 13.5 class...Awesome job. The pipe, Oh I have hit my share in the 35 years trust me. Just racing on the edge. Great run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_007 View Post
Another Weekend in the books @ WRCR (Series Race #3). A Great Weekend of Racing. Needed to Tweak the setups for both my Stock Buggy and Stock SCT all day to Dial them in. This got me to Qualifiying both in the 2nd Position for both Stock 17.5 Blinky Buggy and Stock 17.5 Blinky SCT. Finishing 2nd for both the classes. It was a good weekend of racing and Can't wait for the next round. Thanks John and eXpress Motorsports for the support. Both the D4 17.5 HT/HT in the Losi 22B 2.0 and the Killshot 17.5 HT/TH in th 22SCT did the Job to keep me in the front of the Pack!

http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...and=1512375782

http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...and=1193354401

Season Points: http://wrcr.biz/Results/2014-2015/cu..._2014-2015.pdf

Check out me and my racing @ https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...SuqrLlxhpSHO6n
Thanks for Watching!!
Great Job..Nice Vids for sure. You ran a great race and got great results. Keep up the great drives. Thanks for the links.

I also was able to get out and run again this weekend in our rug points series race. Had some great battles in all classes. I was able to get my TC6.2 to victory with my D4 Tornado 17.5 in Touring in a strong fight for the win after setting second on grid at the start to TQ winner Anthony Saunders with his Tornado D4 setting TQ with a great battle.. Also a great 1/12 local was able to bolt his D4 Tornado in his 1/12 for 17.5 and set TQ and power to win that in another epic battle. Congrats Perry!!

Old 12-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #18221
Tech Rookie

hello, I just got a Express Motorsports "Kill Shot Beast" Double Torque Brushless Motor (13.5T) , to go with a orion r10 in a b5m that will run mostly on astro and carpet. I would like to know if i have to leave the motor at 0 timming and have it set on the esc or to put 50 on motor and 0 in esc or other.
I dont know how the esc deals with the timing???
thanks in advance for your help.
also did i chose the right 13.5?
joss9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:09 PM   #18222
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joss9999 View Post
hello, I just got a Express Motorsports "Kill Shot Beast" Double Torque Brushless Motor (13.5T) , to go with a orion r10 in a b5m that will run mostly on astro and carpet. I would like to know if i have to leave the motor at 0 timming and have it set on the esc or to put 50 on motor and 0 in esc or other.
I just got the same motor for my shortcourse and it has so much low end torque that the front end wanting to come up if I'm on full throttle. I have a feeling that you would need a rpm motor for the buggy. May be John will comment on how you can tame this thing down a bit via timing or gearing!
Lowe's48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 02:07 AM   #18223
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

John- when will new short stacks be in? If you could hold me 2 that would be awesome. I'll see you Saturday. Hopefully you have them by then. Send me paypal and I can pay now. Thanks
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:40 AM   #18224
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by joss9999 View Post
I would run the speedo in normal mode to start (spec/Blinky). Run the motor at 50* on the endbell. Then adjust the Punch/Forward drive on speed control as needed. Example my speedo goes from 1-5 on Forward Drive/Punch start at 4 and see how it feels..to much punch turn to 3 if its keeping a good forward drive go to max 5.

Old 12-23-2014, 04:42 AM   #18225
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamison R View Post
John- when will new short stacks be in? If you could hold me 2 that would be awesome. I'll see you Saturday. Hopefully you have them by then. Send me paypal and I can pay now. Thanks

I should have them by then, Ill bring a few. I'll be there Sunday am.