R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 06-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #17956
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All things good, John. Nate is 3 and we got one one the way. Cuffs and I were reminiscing of express races long gone with chicken power and steak. Hope all is well!
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #17957
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
Bulls Eye Torque is Kill Shot HT Stator motor and standard 12.3 MM Broadband rotor. Beast Double Torque is Kill Shot HT Stator motors with 12.5 MM HT Rotor.
If running a 12.3 HT rotor and the HT stator can you bump up timming more than the 12.5 HT rotor? I asked before but what drag brake settings would be good for these motors? thx
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #17958
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
If running a 12.3 HT rotor and the HT stator can you bump up timming more than the 12.5 HT rotor? I asked before but what drag brake settings would be good for these motors? thx
I wouldn't go much further than 57* no matter what stator and rotor combo you have. I'm sure Tag will pipe in and confirm or deny.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #17959
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post

Timing, Usually sweet spot for lots of tracks you will find between 52-57* MAX for all KS motors. Motor timing is more track pending. But usally any time you do drop size rotors or swap tp more RPM rotors you try and match timing better for what power band track may want. You don't want a lot of lag . HT 12.5mm rotor compared to 12.3mm HT rotor..You can usually carry a extra pinion with 12.5 mm HT rotor being its a more bottom end power band..

Drag brake really depends on speedo, Tekin usually and driver preference no more than 40%.. You will find lots of top level drivers running 0 % and running push brakes to keep the car rolling the turns. Less the better as they will be a big cause and effect on motor temps also. More drag brakes can yield 20-40* in motor temps easy. Trust me I was a point and shoot driver and ran lots of drag brake with high motor temps..LOL

Hope this helps some....

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #17960
Tech Master

Quote:
Timing, Usually sweet spot for lots of tracks you will find between 52-57* MAX for all KS motors. Motor timing is more track pending. But usally any time you do drop size rotors or swap tp more RPM rotors you try and match timing better for what power band track may want. You don't want a lot of lag . HT 12.5mm rotor compared to 12.3mm HT rotor..You can usually carry a extra pinion with 12.5 mm HT rotor being its a more bottom end power band..

Drag brake really depends on speedo, Tekin usually and driver preference no more than 40%.. You will find lots of top level drivers running 0 % and running push brakes to keep the car rolling the turns. Less the better as they will be a big cause and effect on motor temps also. More drag brakes can yield 20-40* in motor temps easy. Trust me I was a point and shoot driver and ran lots of drag brake with high motor temps..LOL

Hope this helps some....
It does! Thx
I installed a Killshot torque version this evening with a 12.3 HT rotor and geared it at 3.48fdr. Had timming set at 52 and did a dry throttle squeeze. It felt lazy untill i bumped it up to 57. Big difference! I will play with rotors and drag brake tomorrow at practice!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #17961
Tech Champion

Just wanted to say Congrats to Al Sodano on his TQ and A Main win in 17.5 Touring yesterday ay Jackson R/C in Jackson NJ. Al ran a Revtech Kill Shot from Express..The Animal, RPM Motor with 12.5mm HT rotor.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
Old 06-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #17962
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Just wanted to say Congrats to Al Sodano on his TQ and A Main win in 17.5 Touring yesterday ay Jackson R/C in Jackson NJ. Al ran a Revtech Kill Shot from Express..The Animal, RPM Motor with 12.5mm HT rotor.
I race with Al at Jackson and I don't know what his secret is but he has that thing ballistic. All his motors are but this one especially. I didn't get to race this weekend but next Saturday will be my first time using the Express animal, can't wait!!!!
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #17963
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

John Tag,
I am wanting to purchase a 17.5 Killshot from you, but I am unsure which one to get? Plus do you have any in stock? I would like to get one to use this weekend.
I would be racing on a medium sized asphalt track.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:15 AM   #17964
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadB. View Post
John Tag,
I am wanting to purchase a 17.5 Killshot from you, but I am unsure which one to get? Plus do you have any in stock? I would like to get one to use this weekend.
I would be racing on a medium sized asphalt track.

Hey Chad...

For med size tracks I would go with the HT Bulls Eye Kill Shot or the Beast. The Beast is same motor as HT Bulls Eye with the difference the Beast has a HT 12.5 HT rotor. Lots of drivers are liking the Beast for med and smaller tracks. All are in stock and will arrive in 2-3 days after purchase.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #17965
Tech Master

Will eXpress be carring the Killshot stators for sale just in case of the POOF!
Old 06-06-2013, 04:52 AM   #17966
Tech Champion

Yes, We should have stator's both HT and RPM on the web by end of today for those looking for tuning option's w/o having to buy a complete extra motor....

Old 06-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #17967
Tech Champion

Hey All....

We here at Express Motorsports are looking for some Team Driver’s for this Summer/Fall racing season . If your dedicated to being a Team player willing to help others and promote this could be your chance. Forward your resume and any info to Tagstime@hotmail.com and allow 3-5 days for return mail. We look forward to hearing from you.....

Old 06-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #17968
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DJGonzo69

Tag- Josh is a good candidate. He gets quicker & quicker everytime we race. I made him a fan of your Motors. I'll tell him to apply.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #17969
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGonzo69 View Post
Tag- Josh is a good candidate. He gets quicker & quicker everytime we race. I made him a fan of your Motors. I'll tell him to apply.
Thanks for the good word Gonzo!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:53 AM   #17970
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Tag, Im trying to register on your shop to buy some motors but keep getting these errors. Ive tried in mozilla, chrome and internet explorer all with no luck. IM in australia. Can you please pm me so we can work something out. Regards Benzaah.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@express-motorsports.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

And this one.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/johntag/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/language.php on line 87

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote