eXpress Motorsports

Old 02-17-2011, 05:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris08527
Tag,
ran the duo3 in blinky this week at horsham and all i can say is wow

car has plenty of rip, hopefully knocked off the rust this week and can be a little better this weekend . . .
Kool Beans, Rust..LOL

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Hey Tag,

Looking to update my charger to something new...which do you reccomend these days? I'm kinda leaning toward something that can charge multiple batteries at once. Running 2 to 3 classes where the overall driver count is low makes it hard to keep all the batteries charged in time. I would love to not have to lug around multiple chargers

Thanks
Burt
LRP is always a grat deal... BUT TP chargers always been among best also.

Originally Posted by Jsaves
Where is the 0 timing mark on the 17.5 duo 3 motors. Which slash is it?
Thanks and God Bless
Yes, Center 5th slash, With Boosted we run center slash and maybe 1 more track depending and work on gearing and speedo setting...Non timming we tend to run full to 1 notch less and gear to track.

Originally Posted by jeffb
Hey Tag! Looks like things are going well for the eXpress Team. I would like to get some info from you if you don't mind.
Great talking with ya, Hope to see ya running again soon...Ehhh!!!

Originally Posted by Vicko
Hey Tag the Motor was fast, thanks
Glad they worked out, Good to see ya running again.

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
Hey Tag we had our ROAR Region 11 race this weekend in Seattle at Hangar 30 and I got my D3's just in time from you. I definatley found what I was lacking in sedan. I left my house at 2am Saturday morning to get up there at 7 for the doors to open. It was a thrash for our 2-1/2 hour practice before the quals start. After about two runs of practice in the sedan the locals were coming over to see what I was running because I was already a few tenths faster than what they were doing on there Wednesday night club race. I then sauced the tires up on the WGT and went out and made a few runs with it and noticed that I was turning lap times a few tenths faster than our local CRC factory driver so I was pretty stoked about that.

After the first Qual I was TQ in sedan and 2nd in WGT. In round two I held on to sedan and took over TQ in WGT by .5 of a second from Dave Ehrlich. In the third round I went from TQ to third in sedan and held on to TQ in WGT.

For the single mains I made it up to the lead after about a minute in sedan and never looked back. WGT i missed roll out and ended up second but I definatley had some horsepower ouf of them D3's.

Devin
Great job as always, That region is really tough up there. No less trying to keep Getchell in check...LOL Great job!!!!!

Originally Posted by KevinHawk
For some reason I keep seeing orange and white labeled motors popping up at my track... hmm.

Looks like we are doing something right.
Thats because your great support and results right there...Yea I had a few sales recently from your area..You need to get with local shops so they can carry motors.

Originally Posted by Vicko
Hey Tag can u make Tamiya color blue express motor stickers, it'll look much better on my blue car
Blue, I was thinking Pink again!!!

Originally Posted by shaggy11
First run with the D3 was... AWESOME! With the same gearing as the duo 2 it ran about 30* cooler so I ended 3 teeth higher and it was still coming off under 120* in blinky 17.5.
Yupper, Seems that sweet spot is a few teeth higher with D-3 motors. They really rock power. Blinky mode we see more motor timming motor likes best.

Originally Posted by buzzlitebeer
I raced my new Mugen MBX6 Eco 1/8th E-Buggy. I used your race packs and they did awesome. I qualified 3rd and finished 1st. We had 10 e-buggies total at a club race that was just thrown together. Since this was my first time driving 8th scale in like two years it felt good to shake the dust off with a win.
Congrats...If that was a shake down run I hate to be the other racers.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Headed to Dallas after work today for the February freeze race. Hope to see some of you guys there. If you need anything or want to chat I will most likely be pitting upstairs.

Wish me luck!

Hawk
Old 02-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Guys i just bought a duo3 17.5 express, I need a starting FDR For spec class , the track is 100 x 75 , high traction? I'm running Xray 009.
Thanks in advance
Old 02-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liteweight
Guys i just bought a duo3 17.5 express, I need a starting FDR For spec class , the track is 100 x 75 , high traction? I'm running Xray 009.
Thanks in advance
I would start at 3.8 for spec. I've had good luck with that.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well another good weekend of racing out here in the NW. We had race number 5 of 6 in the NWIC series at TimeZone II which is where the 2011 Carpet Nats will be held at next month. With the traction up it was definately a good weekend of practice.

Started out Friday with practice and both my 17.5 sedan and WGT were on pace. Saturday morning came around and I was TQ in sedan and carried it all the way thru improving each run. In WGT I started out a little slow, after the 3rd round I was 4th behind Dave Ehrlich, Brian Bodine (Slapmater Tools) and Andy Wells. In the last qual I beat the TQ by just over 4 seconds. So I ended up with TQ in both classes.

Sunday was the mains and everybody showed up with their game faces on. I had a target on my back. In sedan I hit the chicane and knocked me off of the top spot and came in with a close second. In A2 of sedan it only took 1 tap of the flapper to set me back with it being wrapped in the 1st two mains and I followed up with a win in A3 finishing 2nd over all. WGT was a little nerve racking. It was some close tight racing with any of the 8 cars able to win. Fortunately I was able to wrap it up in two.

Thanks for the Power Tag.

Devin Patterson
Old 02-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great weekend in Hawaii as well. Ended up 3rd in 17.5 TC and TQ/1st in 1/12th scale. 1st time out with the TOP Rebel and it was very good indeed.

I'll be running 1/12th scale and WGT at the 2011 IIC in Vegas along with support racers Burt, Frank, and Bob.

Pan cars for Mike Kring??!! YIKES!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big Features
Great weekend in Hawaii as well. Ended up 3rd in 17.5 TC and TQ/1st in 1/12th scale. 1st time out with the TOP Rebel and it was very good indeed.

I'll be running 1/12th scale and WGT at the 2011 IIC in Vegas along with support racers Burt, Frank, and Bob.

Pan cars for Mike Kring??!! YIKES!!!
A few guys ran the rebel at our race this weekend but could not get ride height with the tires cut at 41mm......did you run into the same thing?
Old 02-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
A few guys ran the rebel at our race this weekend but could not get ride height with the tires cut at 41mm......did you run into the same thing?
No, we run on a prepared asphalt track. We tires out of the box I was at 4mm
Old 02-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah the track that Mike and I run on is asphault and very bumpy so we need to run a tall tire.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Yeah the track that Mike and I run on is asphault and very bumpy so we need to run a tall tire.
Burt, your car was looking real good once you charged the RX pack! Burt's eXpress motors and packs are running strong after a year plus!!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

do you have a 21.5?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So can I get pink or blue then
Old 03-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Express Motorsports people
I recently got a Trinity Nemesis (orange) tuned version (express) 10.5 motor.
I got it second hand with no info on it.

What can you folks tell me about your motor? The seller said it was hand built by jhon tag is that true?! how much better is it then a stock nemesis?

Is there a PDF manual for it around?

Any tips on changing the timing and running it sensorless? How does it compare to your newest motors and other well known motors (like speed passion or duo)

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

Default 1/12 scale advice

Just got one of these 17.5 motors the other day and ran it for the first time and I think I'm just way way off on the RPM range on my RS. I didn't want to work it too much right from the beginning so I started very gingerly with an end RPM of 10,000 and start of 884. I know this is probaby totally off for after about 6 mins., came of at 95 degrees. I didn't have the timing advance or turbo cranked way up at all, I just wanted to see how it would do. Before I spend a day and a half trying to figure out the best configuration, I thought I would give you guys a chance to chime in. Gearing is an 81/46 with 45mm tires, somewhat flowing 48' by 80' carpet track. Any help would be great just to get me in the Ballpark......yknow.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i assume 1/12 since it is 45mm tires.

i have a setup on tekin's site. i would start with that. it is with 203, but still the same with 212. your current rpm range is way off, you will never get to 10000 with a 17.5 and 1s and just rolling the car is already running 500-800rpm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.