R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #17416
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Most all E Mails returned..rest tommorow.

Last call for incoming motor shippment next week, If you need a motor get them ordered asap to gaurentee motors from incoming batch. With Birds coming these will sell fast. Motors coming will be DUO-2s......

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #17417
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

tag,
i want a 13.5 motor.would like to get a t-shirt and some stickers also.
please pm me with info.
thx,
matt
Old 01-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #17418
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default racing

John you have email
mshap33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #17419
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default racing

John uou have email
mshap33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:05 AM   #17420
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hi Tag,

I've got an express duo 1 10.5, just wondering if the middle timing hole is best for a med track (100'x130') with not much of a straight. Also which profile is best on the spx?

thanks
Craig
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:11 AM   #17421
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Hey Tag,

Had a good result over the weekend in the Australian Team Orion Summernats here:

In 17.5 i TQ'd and finished second (only just) with the Duo 1 express.

With the tekin 203 the car was a rocket, had people stumped that it was a stock car .

Just like to say thanks for the motor

Alex . . .
Old 01-18-2010, 03:54 PM   #17422
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Race report from this weekends NEGS third leg.

17.5 Rubber - Got in an ok first qualifier, it put me 6th on the grid after that round, but I knew that it wouldn't hold. Blew up my esc at the start of the second qualifier, and was forced to sit this one out. Got a spx in the car for the third. Car was slow and disapointing. Pulled it after 3 minutes when I could not achieve the pace of the first qualifier. Managed to get my hands on another tekin for the last qualifier. Got in a near flawless run to put myself 4th on the grid behind Sydor, Reilly, and Wise. In the main I ended up in second after the first few laps when Wise and Reilly had issues. However, I couldn't hang on and ended up back in 5th.

17.5 Foam - Qualifying went ok. Never really got in a run that was as good as I hoped. Ended up 3rd on the grid, and thats where I finished.

Overall, I had a decent weekend. Just wish I could have held on to that second place spot in rubber tire.

It's the year 2010. Shouldn't vacuum cleaners be quieter by now?
TimV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #17423
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What up Tag. Good runs Tim. Miss running with you guys back there. Been doing some racing out here in the NW. We just had our 3rd leg of our Championship call the NWIC. I was finally able to pull out my first TQ and Win in a strong 17.5 class. And ended up qualifing 3rd and fininshing 3rd in 13.5 class. Thanks again tag for the motors and also for the help you and Robbie gave with speedo help.

Tim
Old 01-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #17424
Tech Champion

Had a great weekend with my eXpress motor and LiPo battery...didn't place yet due to still working on consistency, but I did knock 7 tenths off my fastest qualifying time! Started the day in qualifying with a 12.7s fastest lap which then went to a 12.3s followed by another 12.3s and then a 12.0s in the 3 mains!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:04 AM   #17425
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshap33 View Post
John uou have email

Returned..

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
Old 01-19-2010, 06:06 AM   #17426
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Hi Tag,

I've got an express duo 1 10.5, just wondering if the middle timing hole is best for a med track (100'x130') with not much of a straight. Also which profile is best on the spx?

thanks
Craig
Hey Craig..

Yes Middle hole is best. If temps run high switch to lower timming hole. SPX Profile 7 MAX and start about 7.5 FDR.

Watch temps first few runs look for 165* range..

Old 01-19-2010, 06:07 AM   #17427
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01 View Post
Hey Tag,

Had a good result over the weekend in the Australian Team Orion Summernats here:

In 17.5 i TQ'd and finished second (only just) with the Duo 1 express.

With the tekin 203 the car was a rocket, had people stumped that it was a stock car .

Just like to say thanks for the motor

Alex . . .
Alex..

Great report, Thanks for contact. Congrats on nice weekend. Keep up the great runs, Yea 203 is SICK like 13.5 now.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:09 AM   #17428
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV View Post
Race report from this weekends NEGS third leg.

17.5 Rubber - Got in an ok first qualifier, it put me 6th on the grid after that round, but I knew that it wouldn't hold. Blew up my esc at the start of the second qualifier, and was forced to sit this one out. Got a spx in the car for the third. Car was slow and disapointing. Pulled it after 3 minutes when I could not achieve the pace of the first qualifier. Managed to get my hands on another tekin for the last qualifier. Got in a near flawless run to put myself 4th on the grid behind Sydor, Reilly, and Wise. In the main I ended up in second after the first few laps when Wise and Reilly had issues. However, I couldn't hang on and ended up back in 5th.

17.5 Foam - Qualifying went ok. Never really got in a run that was as good as I hoped. Ended up 3rd on the grid, and thats where I finished.

Overall, I had a decent weekend. Just wish I could have held on to that second place spot in rubber tire.
Great report Tim...

Thats great runs, Reilly,Wise and them are no slackers for sure. Thats a great come back. Next time sit further from RD and the Neckbone wont happen...Great Job!!!!

Old 01-19-2010, 06:11 AM   #17429
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Had a great weekend with my eXpress motor and LiPo battery...didn't place yet due to still working on consistency, but I did knock 7 tenths off my fastest qualifying time! Started the day in qualifying with a 12.7s fastest lap which then went to a 12.3s followed by another 12.3s and then a 12.0s in the 3 mains!
Nice runs.. Issue may not be you..Its probally Kling "Klinged"the car..LOL...NICE inprovement..Now just a matter of time....

Old 01-19-2010, 06:12 AM   #17430
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastasu2 View Post
What up Tag. Good runs Tim. Miss running with you guys back there. Been doing some racing out here in the NW. We just had our 3rd leg of our Championship call the NWIC. I was finally able to pull out my first TQ and Win in a strong 17.5 class. And ended up qualifing 3rd and fininshing 3rd in 13.5 class. Thanks again tag for the motors and also for the help you and Robbie gave with speedo help.

Tim
Tim..

Great Job!!! Congrats on finally getting the W in a larger event out there. I know when we speak Comp is very high there. Nice Job!!! No stop telling the locals your a rookie!!..LOL