R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-22-2009, 10:43 AM   #17371
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Tim, Awesome Job..No less from a foam guy..LOL Nice !!

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #17372
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Tag,

Thanks for the DUO power, I ended up with 4th place at the Australian National titles.

It was a quality field held on a large grippy track with air temperatures of between 102 - 109 farenheight and track temps of between 136 - 149f. It was temperatures that tested out cars, motors, esc's and even drivers.

I had played around with getting gearing right which was difficult as the track and temps were changing all the time. I ended up qualifying 7th and in the first two A main finals I placed 3rd, in the 3rd Final I moved slightly on the line which resulted in a 1 lap penalty, this bumped me from 3rd to 4th.

The car was an absolute missile down the straight, so much so that all my passing for places was done on the main straight. If I was within 4-10 car lengths behind the person in front of me I could round them up and pass them before going into the corner.

Awesome power Tag, cheers mate..

James Ainslie

TEAM XRAY AUSTRALIA|PROTOFORM RACE BODIES
www.hobbyexpress.com.au|www.nbhc.com.au
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #17373
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

there was pleanty of Express motorsports motors at the Australian Nationals,

TQ and Win by Damien Zarb in 10.5, Running a T.O.P. Photon and Express Duo1.

in 17.5 stock, 5 of the 10 A Main cars were T.O.P. Photons and 4 of them were running Express Duo 1's and Duo 2's

8 of the 10 Photons at the event were running Express motorsports Duo motors

plus at least another 5-6 drivers I could see running Express Duo's in other kits,

I wish I had more motors as I ran out of all the Express motors I had in stock
Attached Thumbnails
eXpress Motorsports-dscf0039.jpg   eXpress Motorsports-img_2159.jpg   eXpress Motorsports-dscf0034.jpg  
Team Tekin , ESC's, motors,
Elangears, Chargers,

Last edited by Rod M; 11-23-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Rod M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #17374
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Thumbs up

I`d like to cut myself a slice of the Sheilas.............................
Slotmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:05 AM   #17375
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
Depending on track size..But with that speedo w/ no Turbo boost like SPX or Tekin That would be a safe gearing for indoors and smaller asphalt tracks. For larger tracks I would run about 4.6 area and watch temps. DUO-2 on std timming. If you need more RPM and temps are good ajust Motors timming 1 slash at a time +.

Hope this helps...
I'm switching from a LRP Sphere TC to the SPX. I've been running at 5.0 with the timing set at the second tick from the right most tick mark. Where should I start with the SPX?
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:28 AM   #17376
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow View Post
I'm switching from a LRP Sphere TC to the SPX. I've been running at 5.0 with the timing set at the second tick from the right most tick mark. Where should I start with the SPX?
If you were at 5.0 with TC Spec.. Same motor timming but start about 6.2 in profile 7 on SPX....

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
Old 11-25-2009, 06:32 AM   #17377
Tech Champion

Rod,

Great race report. Congrats to you all down under. Looks like your team was able to showcase your new cars well. Really awesome to see the young 10 yr old do soo well. Im sure a few years down the road he will be a major threat to win many events. Glad all worked well for yas..Congrats to you all!!.....

James...Man nice job!! I guess there was a bunch of speedo swapping..LOL I see you wound up running the Tekin. If ya didnt use "launch control" you may not have been said to jump the start..LOL Great run!!!........

Old 11-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #17378
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
If you were at 5.0 with TC Spec.. Same motor timming but start about 6.2 in profile 7 on SPX....
Wow that much of a change! I'll give it a try.

Thanks
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:55 AM   #17379
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:

James...Man nice job!! I guess there was a bunch of speedo swapping..LOL I see you wound up running the Tekin. If ya didnt use "launch control" you may not have been said to jump the start..LOL Great run!!!........

I ran the Tekin in practice and banged a motor (just a plain DUO1,not yours) when running at 4.7FDR , I then switched to the LRP to give it a try and it was ok and motor temps were better. The heat and track changed nearly every run and it made it so difficult

After the first qualifying run I ended up 12th in round so the slow LRP ESC got put back in the bag and put the Tekin back in with your fresh DUO1 and bingo 7th in every remaining round.

Just kept working at the gearing and turbo delay and by the finals it was awesome, pity I didnt have that speed during qualifying but the new Vegas software is awesome

I ended up with 10 degrees on the motor, 15 timing in speedy and max turbo with .2 delay and FDR of 5.219

TEAM XRAY AUSTRALIA|PROTOFORM RACE BODIES
www.hobbyexpress.com.au|www.nbhc.com.au
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #17380
Tech Champion

Guys.. I have sent out a few E mails..Please check those and get back to me asap.....

Old 11-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #17381
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Tag, I have a crunchy bearing in one of my duos. Do you have replacement bearings? If not can you tell me what to get and where to get them. Thanks!

BMI - Parma - The Raceway at Beaver, PA
-showtime- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #17382
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tag YGPM
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #17383
Tech Champion

Mail returned.....

Watch for exciting things in 2010...My Illness set me back in 2009, But 2010 will be a complete return to many big races as soon as I get cought up with home..Thanks all for your great support during my illness and congrats on those National Championships again .........

Old 12-03-2009, 07:19 AM   #17384
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Tag, sending you an e-mail. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!!!
tazz888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #17385
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Mail returned.....

Watch for exciting things in 2010...My Illness set me back in 2009, But 2010 will be a complete return to many big races as soon as I get cought up with home..Thanks all for your great support during my illness and congrats on those National Championships again .........
john ru going to birds if so let me know im looking for a roommate mike d not going cause their not doing vintage thxs reggie