R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-19-2009, 07:59 PM   #16621
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme View Post
Here is sneak peek..

NICE!! Finally, after a 3 year hiatius we have new stickers. I'm still using those crappy see-through ones that I found in Freddy's garage
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #16622
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme View Post
Here is sneak peek..

the big one looks very nice on my wing...
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #16623
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Hey guys I just wanted to let you all know that I'm hanging up my transmitter for awhile, My wife & I just bought our first home So I'll need to switch my focus over to doing home repairs for a while, I wish you all the best of luck & will still continue to support all of you 110% see ya' all when I hit the track in the future

Tag ~ Stickers look killer
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #16624
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Features View Post
NICE!! Finally, after a 3 year hiatius we have new stickers. I'm still using those crappy see-through ones that I found in Freddy's garage
Tags got you all on the hook on this one...he told me just to post a sneak peek...that way he could put you all off for another 3 yrs..LOL
Old 01-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #16625
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AxiomJacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
WoW What a great weekend by the ENTIRE TEAM. Great job all and those whom supported the product. Glad to see you all having great results and having fun..

Grand Slam NY:

Stock Touring A Main
3rd Greg Dobrosky
4th Rob Desefano jr
6th Tim Vassas
7th Ron Gotter

1/12 Pro A Main
3rd David Chester

Rubber 13.5 Touring
1st Larry Fairtrace TQ
6th James Reilly

Pro 10
3rd Jason Schreffler

1/12 stock
4th Greg Dobrosky

Pro Touring foam

3rd Jason Schreffler TQ
7th Larry Fairtrace

Nor Cal Speedway
Doug Lemmons and Marshal "Hit Man" Keener go 1-2 in World GT

CRCRC Ohio

Stock 13.5 Truck
1st Alex Birmingham TQ
5th Mike Malott

Stock Buggy
5th Jacob Robins

10.5 4WD
1st Jacob Robins TQ

Congrats to all drivers in all mains for your great runs. Looks like 2009 is off on a bang.

Snowbirds next stop this week upcoming ...we plan on leaving a true blizzard effect there....................
Got to thank Mike for the power in 4wd.

Proline Racing
AxiomJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #16626
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Still some great 4 cells in stock..Also have fresh batch IP5000 Lipos coming in tommorow ...awesome packs!!!..

Reminder , We will be away from this weekend till Feb 3rd at The Snowbirds Nationals. All contacts will be returned as soon as we arrive home...

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #16627
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

You've got an email Tag.

It's the year 2010. Shouldn't vacuum cleaners be quieter by now?
TimV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:59 AM   #16628
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

OK I'm looking for some help from the team. After almost a 4 year break from sedans and going back to off-road I have the urge to hit the ozite again.

So much has changed since I last ran on-road and I need some help deciding what to run.

Last time I ran I was running a Xray FK04 on foams in stock and rubber was unheard of on carpet. So here is my dilema. Do I go back to foam or try out rubber? I have no idea how rubber feels on the track compared to foams. Does it take alot to get used to the handeling difference or is it close to the feel of foams? I like the idea of not having to change the setup to keep up with wearing foams durring the day. I also have to decide on what car to go with. I'm leaning towards a 009 but am also considering a Type R or a TC5. I know that the best thing to do is to try out some of the racers cars at the track to see what I like, but the indoor seasion is just about over at my local track. They will be moving to a bigger location very soon and the new track will not be ready until sometime this summer since they have to get the off-road track built first for the upcomming outdoor seasion

What are your thoughts or opinions?
tazz888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #16629
Tech Champion

Ron,

I'd suggest Rubber since that's the direction most seem to be going. Plus, if you get a rubber tire car now, you can still race it outdoors.

Whatever car you choose should be up to your personal preference and whatever your local shop (RC Madness I'm guessing) carries parts for. Of course, I'll suggest the '009
punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #16630
Tech Master

Robbie,

You nailed it.... RC Madness.

They stock parts for all of them. Personaly I always liked Xray to.

Rubber is the smaller of the 2 classes there, but that may change.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:42 PM   #16631
Tech Apprentice

Mr Tag got the new shirts tonight......COOL!! dad likes alot also cant wate till birds........see ya then Matt.
Age 12!!! DB12RR XRAY008 Rad Racing Concepts 2.3719%
LIL LIDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #16632
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ron,

Robbie nailed it exactly. Rubber is tons of fun and less involved as far as roll-out and tire wear. Rubber tires, heat cycle and start to fall off a bit but you can run the same set for 4-5 weeks at the club level. Rubber is just starting to eclipse foam racing. Just look at the number of entries at the big races.

Oh, yeah. I'm partial to the Corally RDX PHI. Its simply tits on carpet rubber - easy to tune, holds its tweek, and durable. Trust me, I'm the Team's durability tester
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz888 View Post
OK I'm looking for some help from the team. After almost a 4 year break from sedans and going back to off-road I have the urge to hit the ozite again.

So much has changed since I last ran on-road and I need some help deciding what to run.

Last time I ran I was running a Xray FK04 on foams in stock and rubber was unheard of on carpet. So here is my dilema. Do I go back to foam or try out rubber? I have no idea how rubber feels on the track compared to foams. Does it take alot to get used to the handeling difference or is it close to the feel of foams? I like the idea of not having to change the setup to keep up with wearing foams durring the day. I also have to decide on what car to go with. I'm leaning towards a 009 but am also considering a Type R or a TC5. I know that the best thing to do is to try out some of the racers cars at the track to see what I like, but the indoor seasion is just about over at my local track. They will be moving to a bigger location very soon and the new track will not be ready until sometime this summer since they have to get the off-road track built first for the upcomming outdoor seasion

What are your thoughts or opinions?
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:22 AM   #16633
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkboy View Post
Ron,

I'd suggest Rubber since that's the direction most seem to be going. Plus, if you get a rubber tire car now, you can still race it outdoors.

Whatever car you choose should be up to your personal preference and whatever your local shop (RC Madness I'm guessing) carries parts for. Of course, I'll suggest the '009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Features View Post
Ron,

Robbie nailed it exactly. Rubber is tons of fun and less involved as far as roll-out and tire wear. Rubber tires, heat cycle and start to fall off a bit but you can run the same set for 4-5 weeks at the club level. Rubber is just starting to eclipse foam racing. Just look at the number of entries at the big races.

Oh, yeah. I'm partial to the Corally RDX PHI. Its simply tits on carpet rubber - easy to tune, holds its tweek, and durable. Trust me, I'm the Team's durability tester
Mike

I guess rubber it is. I think I'm going to go with an Xray. So I guess I should pick up a Euro edition for rubber, correct? And input on what to expect handling wise that's different from foam? What is the body of choice?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:13 AM   #16634
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz888 View Post
I guess rubber it is. I think I'm going to go with an Xray. So I guess I should pick up a Euro edition for rubber, correct? And input on what to expect handling wise that's different from foam? What is the body of choice?

Yup, you'll want the Euro edition. I haven't received my '009 yet, so I can't say how it will handle out of the box. But I can suggest my '008 setup as a starting point if you'll be running Jack the Gripper.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...7&setup=t2_008

I ran Jaco Greens, which from what I hear give a ton of steering, usually too much. My car did over rotate a little last time I ran it, but it was still driveable for me. To lock down the rear of the car more, you could try Sorex tires, or possibly a stiffer rear spring or thicker sway bar.
punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #16635
Tech Master

Robbie, thanks for all the info.

What are your thoughts on Jaco blues? I'm planning on running the Birds next year and would like to get as much wheel time using their spec tire.