R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-18-2008, 08:08 AM   #16336
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

eXpress dominates the East Texas RC Speedway 2nd Annual Fall Cla$$ic!

This past weekend of November 14th and 15th at East Texas RC Raceway in Whitehouse, TX, eXpress products dominated the competition. This was the 2nd annual money race that ETRC has held and drivers from Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma came to compete for a piece of the $1500 total payout.

Practice began on Friday as team drivers Marc ‘McGoo’ McGurren and Yang Lai looked like the guys to beat. All three of their cars looked great as they were turning some of the fastest laps of the day. More and more drivers came in as the day progressed, and the competition heated up for qualifying on Saturday.

Races began on Saturday and McGoo and Yang proved in fact that they were the racers to beat even though the competition was tough, by TQ’ing all 4 rounds of 17.5 Foam TC, 17.5, and 17.5 World GT. With pole position in all three classes, it looked like McGoo might make a sweep of victories on the carpet, but Yang was on his bumper every step of the way.

1/12 was up first, and it was McGoo’s eXpress-powered Speedmerchant Rev5 with a phenomenal start as he was holding off Oklahoman Brian Stanton and Yang who were pressuring hard. With a bobble from Stanton, McGoo took off on a faster-than-TQ pace with Yang once again pressuring him. Unfortunately, after some bad luck and poor judgment, McGoo fell to fourth with three minutes left which allowed Yang to take advantage and hold off Stanton as McGoo finished out the podium with a 3rd place finish.

Next up was 17.5 World GT. McGoo and Yang had a great start with their eXpress-Powered Speedmerchant Pro10’s and were able to slowly pull away from the field. Fellow Texan Andrew Doherty was battling hard with Yang Lai as they both made a final push to challenge McGoo, but with a small bobble on the 2nd to last lap by Doherty, McGoo was able to pull away and take the win and Yang finishing out the podium with a 3rd place finish.

Lastly was the highest dollar amount payout of 17.5 TC. McGoo and Yang felt confident with their eXpress-powered Schumacher Mi3’s, but they knew the win wouldn’t come easy. McGoo had another great start and was able to slowly pull away, as the pack fought hard and ROUGH for the big payout and after a punt off the track from a fellow racer, Yang decided to pull his car to spare his car the carnage that ensued. McGoo had a mid-race bobble that dropped him back to fourth place, as he only had about 15 laps to fight back to the top—and that is exactly what he did. Overtaking the leader with only 3 laps left, McGoo clinched another win.

McGoo’s and Yang’s cars were all power-packed with eXpress Energy Cells, making it a successful day for eXpress!
Mr. McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #16337
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I was at the race qualed 2nd in 13.5 rubber had to leave after 3rd round of quals,running late and son has soccer tourney,thanks Tag duo was great,Stanton and myself both qualed with 30 laps only 2 to do so plenty of rip looking forward to Novak
Old 11-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #16338
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Man Marc what a race report... Dialed!!!

Congrat's Marc,Yang and Steve on you AWESOME runs. Look's like ya'll had your car's DIALED and were really on your game. Great Job!!!

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:34 AM   #16339
Tech Champion

Hey Guy's..

4 Cells will be shipping by the end of the week. Those whom have requested packs watch you e mails for details.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
Old 11-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #16340
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
Man Marc what a race report... Dialed!!!

Congrat's Marc,Yang and Steve on you AWESOME runs. Look's like ya'll had your car's DIALED and were really on your game. Great Job!!!
Thanks man! Oh, and BTW - my best 2 runs in 1/12 came from my carpet nats batteries from back in March!!!! I love these Energy cells!!!
Mr. McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #16341
Tech Champion

Hey all..

We have sold out the IP3800 35Cs tonight. Those still looking we are going to have more in Friday of this week. Those heading to Champs I can ship with our team order to hotel.......

Old 11-19-2008, 11:48 AM   #16342
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey guys, where's the best place to get a replacement rotor for the DUO 13.5?

I've been running this motor very hard, 30+ times a week, almost always longer than 5 minutes. It's still ridiculously strong, and standing up to the abuse well. It's hard to believe they're about to be replaced!
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:23 PM   #16343
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Tag - I saw the current pre order offerings for the Pulse motors. Will you be doing anything with Pulse Mod motors (specifically the 6.5)? Looking for some good ponies for my B44. Thanks!
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:53 PM   #16344
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Whats up fellas? Good news...I'm 25 credits away from graduating from a 4 yr. college with a degree in sports management! Also, last year I made Academic All-American, and All-Conference. Maintaining a 3.5+ all while playing baseball. Sometime after I graduate I can get a job and start racing again.

Anyways, just checking in.

TK
Old 11-20-2008, 10:13 PM   #16345
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Keel View Post
Whats up fellas? Good news...I'm 25 credits away from graduating from a 4 yr. college with a degree in sports management! Also, last year I made Academic All-American, and All-Conference. Maintaining a 3.5+ all while playing baseball. Sometime after I graduate I can get a job and start racing again.

TK
Nice, TK! Hope to see you back on the track again soon.

Tag, Check your PMs
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:16 PM   #16346
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone coming up to Canada on Dec.12 week-end @ fastcats ?

I'll be running 13.5 rubber with my TC5....
Old 11-21-2008, 06:25 AM   #16347
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo View Post
eXpress dominates the East Texas RC Speedway 2nd Annual Fall Cla$$ic!

This past weekend of November 14th and 15th at East Texas RC Raceway in Whitehouse, TX, eXpress products dominated the competition. This was the 2nd annual money race that ETRC has held and drivers from Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma came to compete for a piece of the $1500 total payout.

Practice began on Friday as team drivers Marc ‘McGoo’ McGurren and Yang Lai looked like the guys to beat. All three of their cars looked great as they were turning some of the fastest laps of the day. More and more drivers came in as the day progressed, and the competition heated up for qualifying on Saturday.

Races began on Saturday and McGoo and Yang proved in fact that they were the racers to beat even though the competition was tough, by TQ’ing all 4 rounds of 17.5 Foam TC, 17.5, and 17.5 World GT. With pole position in all three classes, it looked like McGoo might make a sweep of victories on the carpet, but Yang was on his bumper every step of the way.

1/12 was up first, and it was McGoo’s eXpress-powered Speedmerchant Rev5 with a phenomenal start as he was holding off Oklahoman Brian Stanton and Yang who were pressuring hard. With a bobble from Stanton, McGoo took off on a faster-than-TQ pace with Yang once again pressuring him. Unfortunately, after some bad luck and poor judgment, McGoo fell to fourth with three minutes left which allowed Yang to take advantage and hold off Stanton as McGoo finished out the podium with a 3rd place finish.

Next up was 17.5 World GT. McGoo and Yang had a great start with their eXpress-Powered Speedmerchant Pro10’s and were able to slowly pull away from the field. Fellow Texan Andrew Doherty was battling hard with Yang Lai as they both made a final push to challenge McGoo, but with a small bobble on the 2nd to last lap by Doherty, McGoo was able to pull away and take the win and Yang finishing out the podium with a 3rd place finish.

Lastly was the highest dollar amount payout of 17.5 TC. McGoo and Yang felt confident with their eXpress-powered Schumacher Mi3’s, but they knew the win wouldn’t come easy. McGoo had another great start and was able to slowly pull away, as the pack fought hard and ROUGH for the big payout and after a punt off the track from a fellow racer, Yang decided to pull his car to spare his car the carnage that ensued. McGoo had a mid-race bobble that dropped him back to fourth place, as he only had about 15 laps to fight back to the top—and that is exactly what he did. Overtaking the leader with only 3 laps left, McGoo clinched another win.

McGoo’s and Yang’s cars were all power-packed with eXpress Energy Cells, making it a successful day for eXpress!

MAN McGOO!! that sounded like an awsome race. Congrats.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:28 AM   #16348
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
Tag - I saw the current pre order offerings for the Pulse motors. Will you be doing anything with Pulse Mod motors (specifically the 6.5)? Looking for some good ponies for my B44. Thanks!
Yes.. Contact me thru E Mail for those..Those are Special order..THX

Old 11-21-2008, 06:30 AM   #16349
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Hey guys, where's the best place to get a replacement rotor for the DUO 13.5?

I've been running this motor very hard, 30+ times a week, almost always longer than 5 minutes. It's still ridiculously strong, and standing up to the abuse well. It's hard to believe they're about to be replaced!
No..We are totally out and our dealer has no intention supply them at this time... Sorry wish I was able to help better....

Old 11-21-2008, 06:31 AM   #16350
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Keel View Post

TK

TK ,

Man thats awesome.. You got your goals in the right order,great job. KIT