R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-27-2008, 11:04 PM   #16231
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Tag
I had great motor all weekend in Ripon at the reg 12 race. I won the pan car class and 2nd in the B main in 13.5. Missed the 1st Q when I strip a gear, Made it to 9th in round 2 (just wanted to get a good run in to make a good resort) 3rd round was on pace to move to 3 or 4th in the A main lineup, But I now have a very mean new friend its the 3rd dot in the S turns. Hit it one time and it drop my pace to 10th so I went ahead and hit again just to make sure that I would be in the B main. I had one more shot on Sunday to make the show but everyone knows the track would be slower on Sunday. I had a good run going and was going to move into the A but again my Friend just had to drop by and roll me over again. so yes that is my dot I wanted to take it home at this point. Main event I started on Poll (BQ) stayed out front for most of the race till my dot come into play again. drop to 2nd. its time to move up to masters class.

I had good speed all weekend in both classes (13.5 tc and 13.5 pan )

Thanks John for the rip and I will order a few more soon.
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:36 AM   #16232
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guys, I have a question. I bought one of Express's 17.5 motors this weekend and I was wondering what timing setting you suggest for 12th scale. Also, how do you adjust the timing?
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:47 AM   #16233
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Motor is in med/middle timing hole now . That motor timing gearing is rolled out at 95MM. To Change to high timing, Loosen 3 screws on back of motor. Pull them out about half way to ensure there clear of endbell. Turn endbell(Plug side) counter clock wise to line up hole #3 for screws to be installed into. With High timing setting 88MM is a good starting point for roll out.

At Event there was a even mix among drivers with those 2 settings, With same result's.

Hope this helps some.....

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:47 AM   #16234
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
Hey Tag
I had great motor all weekend in Ripon at the reg 12 race. I won the pan car class and 2nd in the B main in 13.5. Missed the 1st Q when I strip a gear, Made it to 9th in round 2 (just wanted to get a good run in to make a good resort) 3rd round was on pace to move to 3 or 4th in the A main lineup, But I now have a very mean new friend its the 3rd dot in the S turns. Hit it one time and it drop my pace to 10th so I went ahead and hit again just to make sure that I would be in the B main. I had one more shot on Sunday to make the show but everyone knows the track would be slower on Sunday. I had a good run going and was going to move into the A but again my Friend just had to drop by and roll me over again. so yes that is my dot I wanted to take it home at this point. Main event I started on Poll (BQ) stayed out front for most of the race till my dot come into play again. drop to 2nd. its time to move up to masters class.

I had good speed all weekend in both classes (13.5 tc and 13.5 pan )

Thanks John for the rip and I will order a few more soon.

You always could go down to 17.5 like Kendra did.... This was a fun race. What's next for us in this area? I'm leaning towards carpet in Chico.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:05 PM   #16235
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
You always could go down to 17.5 like Kendra did.... This was a fun race. What's next for us in this area? I'm leaning towards carpet in Chico.
I think I will move to 10.5 so I can hit that D$#$ dot at speed that way I will get a little air timeOr I can be the 1st one there and ask RB to run a layout without THAT DOT.
Not sure about Chico thats about 3.5 hr drive for me. A little to far for me to be away from my area with my job needing me within a few hrs away. when they have there grand opening I will get the weekend off to be there though
It will be like back in Texas with a track thats 90 x 48 for a carpet track.I will be bringing my Foam car to run there.
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:11 AM   #16236
Tech Champion

Hey all...

Great run's by you all this past weekend at your track's. You too Tim, you Old Man..LOL Marshall Glad all worked out for your Gang out West. We know that area has lots of Top Guns out that way.

Guy's that went to Classic.. Just again wanted to say..Man awesome time and run's too all. With many with no track time at all to prep we had a great time all weekend. Man Sr was on the wheel for 7 minutes..LOL Just messing Mike. Nice to meet many new faces and glad we could help those whom were in need of product we had to offer.

*** Also we have added a Pre-Order link to web site for new EP 5300 35C Hard case Lipos. These from testing have shown IRs lower that you can see..LOL and Voltage thru the roof. They are slated to start shipping November 7,2008 . Also get those 21.5 while you can there same awesome base DUO as rest our motor's.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
Old 10-29-2008, 10:31 AM   #16237
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Tag,
YGPM...
tazz888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #16238
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
I think I will move to 10.5 so I can hit that D$#$ dot at speed that way I will get a little air timeOr I can be the 1st one there and ask RB to run a layout without THAT DOT.
Not sure about Chico thats about 3.5 hr drive for me. A little to far for me to be away from my area with my job needing me within a few hrs away. when they have there grand opening I will get the weekend off to be there though
It will be like back in Texas with a track thats 90 x 48 for a carpet track.I will be bringing my Foam car to run there.
I will be at the grand opening. Should be fun. See ya then. I'll only be running rubber tire.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #16239
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Tag - Are the 17.5 or 10.5 New Duo's in stock?
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:11 AM   #16240
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (99%+)

Guys just wanted to come on and give a HUGE thanks to Tags for the work he puts in for each and every one of us to have the results we have!

THANKS Tag!

Now to the past weekend...it was nice to see the "old gang" again and to see so many new faces also.

Everyone worked great together to get the best results we all could. I saw some "teams" having some heated discussions trackside and it was nice to know that OUR TEAM works so well together that we don't need or have that!

But the best part of the weekend was Tag and myself watching Andrew run his main...Talk about someone getting up on the wheel...that boy is a true TAG!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:13 AM   #16241
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Tag sent you an email from work hopefully you'll get it about batteries for cleveland.
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:52 PM   #16242
Tech Champion

Apex.. Friday I should all back in stock. I have another large shippment of motors and Lipos coming this week....

Skeen got ya covered....

Old 10-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #16243
Tech Elite

Thanks for the LIPO this weekend, the car sure was fast.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #16244
Tech Champion

Express team driver's:

Any of you looking to get a 5300 35C EP pack in next weeks order please contact me VIA E Mail for pricing and to ensure you get your packs from first shippment.

Last edited by John Tag; 10-29-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #16245
Tech Master

Tag,

Check your PMs fool!

Congrats to all the Team Drivers and support racers! Great finishes by all
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote