R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 09-21-2008, 09:04 PM   #16066
Tech Addict

Any suggestions on where to start the 13.5? Sedan, rubber tire, medium-sized carpet track.
Adam? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:40 AM   #16067
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Hey Adam..

I would start at 4.8-5.0 and adjust from there. But that will be a close start..

Your package is all set for shipping....

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:16 AM   #16068
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoNTC3 View Post
Thanks for the info Tim, I will look into HT-Gilbert. You're right about the off-road thing here. I don't have a buggy anymore though. All I have for dirt is a Revo and a T-Maxx and a POS Duratrax 2WD ST

I may have to invest in a 1/8 buggy.

Robbie, have any suggestions on a good one???
No question...Get the 808

Of course, Tim V would suggest a Mugen, and Schrefftrace would suggest the Losi. Which one do you like?
punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:21 AM   #16069
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkboy View Post
No question...Get the 808

Of course, Tim V would suggest a Mugen, and Schrefftrace would suggest the Losi. Which one do you like?
Well after watching the worlds yesterday, I say wait on the Hotbodies D8! And for the price...you can't go wrong. I wouldn't expect for these to stay instock and on the shelfs for very long. They were saying street price of $350.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:25 AM   #16070
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
Hey Adam..

I would start at 4.8-5.0 and adjust from there. But that will be a close start..

Your package is all set for shipping....
Thank you sir, I appreciate it. Are you guys messing with the timing at all?
Adam? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #16071
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam? View Post
Thank you sir, I appreciate it. Are you guys messing with the timing at all?
Time it in the middle
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #16072
Tech Addict

Hey John, I went to go pick up my motor today. Thanks! Everything looks great!
Also...you got mail
CEFX
A_Stratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #16073
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Tag package made it,fast shipping thanks,i will let you know how it runs
Old 09-23-2008, 08:09 AM   #16074
Tech Champion

Hey all..

Last 2 days of sale on web. get those deals while you can. I have also added more pro packs to the web. Fresh motors off the bench have also been added after there process.....

Adam.. Yes we tend to use the med timing setting most all times. Seems that has the best power band for all types of racing.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
Old 09-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #16075
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just placed my first order with you guys. Can't wait to try the 17.5 against my Novak. Huge race this weekend for me and I'm hoping it performs to expectations. Thanks for the great deal!
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:51 AM   #16076
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
Just placed my first order with you guys. Can't wait to try the 17.5 against my Novak. Huge race this weekend for me and I'm hoping it performs to expectations. Thanks for the great deal!
Good luck at the race in Marin. I won't make it this time around. I'll be at Ripon the day before. Maybe you should run your R9-R again.... From the looks of that thread we gave the body a bad rep.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #16077
Tech Regular

I was really hoping you would make Marin - even if just Sunday. You have a way of elevating everyone's spirits and potential - not to mention proving the Cyclone could be that much better than a Tamiya . I understand doing two races over a weekend is a lot though if you have family obligations.

I didn't mean to give the R9-R a bad rep, just told it like it was. Once the big races I'll be competing in are wrapped up (after the Region 12 race) I will give it some serious time and tune for it. I still have one that's brand new and a set of the HD wings and want to try that combo. I can soften up the rear, modify roll centers, and tone down my steering which is pretty aggressive without this body. I just have a working setup that I didn't want to change too drasticly for a body change. It does look super sweet though! If Ruben goes for the Jaco's for a spec tire I'll be making some setup changes anyways and might work the body into that as well.

Back to Express though...I'm really anxious to mount up this 17.5 and see if I can gain 1 or 2 tenths, that will put me right where I need to be!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:17 PM   #16078
Tech Champion

Quote:
I was really hoping you would make Marin - even if just Sunday. You have a way of elevating everyone's spirits and potential - not to mention proving the Cyclone could be that much better than a Tamiya . I understand doing two races over a weekend is a lot though if you have family obligations.

I didn't mean to give the R9-R a bad rep, just told it like it was. Once the big races I'll be competing in are wrapped up (after the Region 12 race) I will give it some serious time and tune for it. I still have one that's brand new and a set of the HD wings and want to try that combo. I can soften up the rear, modify roll centers, and tone down my steering which is pretty aggressive without this body. I just have a working setup that I didn't want to change too drasticly for a body change. It does look super sweet though! If Ruben goes for the Jaco's for a spec tire I'll be making some setup changes anyways and might work the body into that as well.

Back to Express though...I'm really anxious to mount up this 17.5 and see if I can gain 1 or 2 tenths, that will put me right where I need to be!

John is a cool dude and he knows his stuff so I'm sure you'll love the motor. What ever the recommeded gearing is for the 17.5 gear down one tooth from that for the Marin track. Without a real straight you can't open the motor up. Play around with gearing to find the sweet spot for that track. Good luck and have fun.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #16079
Tech Regular

Thanks for the tips. For my Novak the "sweet spot" seemed to be around a 3.92 @ Marin vs. other tracks like NorCal that have a true straight where I could get closer to the 3.5 that is on Novak's gearing chart. I'm hoping I get the Express/Trinity in time for some track time Friday so I can play with gearing before the time trials Saturday. I was out there Sunday and know right where I'm at with the Novak so I can really gauge this thing starting with similar gearing.

If you have any other gearing tips for these John I'm all ears I don't plan on messing with timing...I did give a tiny bump on the Novak which helped but I'd rather leave it neutral and use gearing.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:56 PM   #16080
Tech Champion

Quote:
Thanks for the tips. For my Novak the "sweet spot" seemed to be around a 3.92 @ Marin vs. other tracks like NorCal that have a true straight where I could get closer to the 3.5 that is on Novak's gearing chart. I'm hoping I get the Express/Trinity in time for some track time Friday so I can play with gearing before the time trials Saturday. I was out there Sunday and know right where I'm at with the Novak so I can really gauge this thing starting with similar gearing.

If you have any other gearing tips for these John I'm all ears I don't plan on messing with timing...I did give a tiny bump on the Novak which helped but I'd rather leave it neutral and use gearing.
I left you a voice mail..Please call me...