Wiki Posts
Search

Power Push Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default Power Push Batteries

Anyone out there using Power Push batteries? I'm really liking them. The numbers on the sticker are accurate, too. You can get 1.18s WAY cheaper through them than other matchers. www.teampowerpush.com
Old 12-31-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yeah,tony has some real good packs.
i find that they have excelent punch at the begining of the race all the way to the end.two thumbs up to you tony
Old 12-31-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I got to try a couple of Power Push packs and WOW!!! These things were awesome!!! Never has my car had so much power and speed down the straight!!! Tony has been doing this a lot longer than most of the matchers that seem to pop up everyday.

Colin
Old 12-31-2004, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

You know, its funny...everyone I've talked that has tried the packs loves them, they won the Indoor Champs in 2003 and the ROAR Carpet Nats in 2004 and yet not a lot of people are using them. Why is that?
Old 12-31-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I think it is because of the advertising. Everyone seems to lwant the latest with the flashiest ads. Team Power Push has only just recently started to put ads on websites and stuff. Their products are top notch!!!

Colin
Old 12-31-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

I have purchased alot of their packs. They are very popular at my local track. They are very good packs. The one thing I have noticed with their packs however is that they tend to die and loose their punch faster than other cells I have used. In other words, you cannot cycle them as many times as some other matchers packs...their life cycle is rather short from my experience!
Old 12-31-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've been using Power Push packs since the early day's. I've never been disapointed with them, ever.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Yes, Power Push packs are awsome, I buy mine used and they still have tons of punch and power.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

the numbers may be accurate, but the entire matching process is unique to power push. the wesite details the custom matching sofware. it was way ahead of it's time, but there are no turbo matchers used anywhere in the process. therefore you can't compare those numbers to any other matchers.

the packs run very well, but certainly not as well as the labels indicate they should. i have seen recent #'s as high as 1.21 ave voltage on team packs. to my knowledge, those #'s cannot be accurately duplicated on a turbo matcher. furthermore, smaller battery matchers don't go through the amount of cells that these larger companies do, so the probability of getting enough freak cells to make these packs is a bit lower. from having seen the voltage range on his packs (at our track, local hobby shops, and the team drivers') i would say the same packs would register an average voltage of 15-20 mV or more less, if matched using the industry standard equipment and methods. infact, alot of local racers used to use them, and have cycled them on their turbo 30/35's, and i believe the offset that they have seen has been in that same range.

again, there is nothing wrong with the power push cells, but the comparison for pricing should include a scale factor. 1.18 power push cells are not team cells....try looking for 1.20+ and comparing your price on those to 1.18+ from the major players. that would be a more similar comparison.
Old 01-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have been running Power Push for a couple years now and the cells just keep getting better and better, Now with his new Solder and also having them hand built by the Man himself it takes any hassel out of you screwing anything up or over heating the cells. I know his process is totally different from the Turbos, but hes trying to get the battery to perform on the Track not on the Bench, also he constantly is striving to stay ahead of the industry on matching techniques, wait till the next process if he gets it down it will be Awesome!!! One last thing is the customer service you ask Tony something he tells you straight up if he has it or not He trys to give you the best He has no matter Whos you are!!
rogtsaamokin
Old 01-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm going to agree with the last post. The matching process may be totally unique and therefore not produce the same types of numbers as the TurboMatched cells, but I've never had a pack perform better in my car. Rog - what new process are you talking about?
Old 01-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default Power Push

koabich - that doesn't sound right. Tell me a little more about how you are
charging your packs and how often you use them
Old 01-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default Power Push

Hey guys, thanks for all the positive comments! C Branch - you hit the nail
on the head. I always thought that if we put out a superior product at a
good price we wouldn't need advertising...I was wrong! We're really going
to push hard in 2005 to get our name out more. I have a lot of plans in the
works. www.teampowerpush.com
:tire: Tony :tire:
Old 01-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

What do u think about the Epic zebra batteries. I bought them 2 days ago 7 cell 8.4v but i had a problem, when i plug them to the charger the charger detects no voltage so it wont charge.

Anybody have a solution??
Old 01-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

Is there a volt reading on every cell?
Did you dead short the pack?
Did you try another charger ?
Tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.