R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #451
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Can I buy a new backplate & screws for my D3.5?
Old 11-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #452
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocratic View Post
Can I buy a new backplate & screws for my D3.5?
Yes,The end plate is part#TEP1075, and the screws are TEP1156. The top plate that covers the sensor plug is TEP1077. These are from the trinity catalog and I'm sure you can buy them from their site. They also have a whole motor set minus the stator and rotor TEP1079.

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #453
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz616 View Post
Yes,The end plate is part#TEP1075, and the screws are TEP1156. The top plate that covers the sensor plug is TEP1077. These are from the trinity catalog and I'm sure you can buy them from their site. They also have a whole motor set minus the stator and rotor TEP1079.
Their site doesn't have any of those part numbers. Searching Google doesn't pull up anything either.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #454
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Anyone tried the 12.5 high rpm rotor in TC 13.5 blinky? What kind of magnet strength do these usually get. Ive been running the 12.3 HT and am satisfied atm, but want to try something a little bit bigger without loosing top end
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:31 AM   #455
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocratic View Post
Their site doesn't have any of those part numbers. Searching Google doesn't pull up anything either.
They are there if you go to the motors section. Then go to the D3/revtech stock spec rotor section. That will bring up all the rotors. You have to click on each rotor to get the part number. Or you can download the catalog.

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #456
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So are the D 3.5 17.5 motors being band because they are fast! What's going on I just bought one and i love it but I'm hearing roar isn't going to approve them is this true?
MIP Racing
BN Racing

Last edited by bigdog; 12-10-2012 at 04:32 AM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #457
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 145 (100%+)

I am not aware of any location the motors are actually beeing banned. The motors are 100% legal and design to meet Roar's standards and have been approved by Roar and are on the motor list. I guess the motors are just that good. I know I like mine :-)
RC America - XRay - Hudy - Maclan Racing - Xpert Servos - Schelle Racing Innovations - AKA Racing Products - DE Racing - Sticky Kicks - Sanwa
JFuel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #458
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
So are the D 3.5 17.5 motors being band because they are fast! What's going on I just bought one and i love it but I'm hearing roar isn't going to approve them is this true?
Maybe they are just hating? I seen that locally and they are saying they dont want it as its a "13.5" lol.

Ps. Does anyone know if they make the 21.5. With the 12.5 rotor already? Like the magzilla, kind of dont want to buy motor and another 40 for rotor for the new d3.5 21.5t
Old 12-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #459
Tech Elite

Default It is already Roar Approved...

Quote:
It seems like mostly "haters" that are starting this issue, but the motor was approved and put on the Roar Approved list back in May. So there is not concern of the legality of the D 3.5 motors. They were designed to meet the specification given by Roar. The D 3.5 was build to maximize the design based on the rules given, it is not Epic/Trinity's fault that many of the current motor companies are using a 2 - 4 year old motor design...

You can check the list yourself if you like:
http://www.roarracing.org/?page_id=251
RC America - XRay - Hudy - Maclan Racing - Xpert Servos - Schelle Racing Innovations - AKA Racing Products - DE Racing - Sticky Kicks - Sanwa
Old 12-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #460
Tech Elite

Default 21.5 with big rotor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
Maybe they are just hating? I seen that locally and they are saying they dont want it as its a "13.5" lol.

Ps. Does anyone know if they make the 21.5. With the 12.5 rotor already? Like the magzilla, kind of dont want to buy motor and another 40 for rotor for the new d3.5 21.5t
They do not have a Maxzilla version of the 21.5 at this time. You can check with EA Motorsports and see if he can do a 21.5 with the larger rotor over having to purchase seperately. I am not sure if he does that or not.

Good luck.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #461
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFuel11 View Post
It seems like mostly "haters" that are starting this issue, but the motor was approved and put on the Roar Approved list back in May. So there is not concern of the legality of the D 3.5 motors. They were designed to meet the specification given by Roar. The D 3.5 was build to maximize the design based on the rules given, it is not Epic/Trinity's fault that many of the current motor companies are using a 2 - 4 year old motor design...

You can check the list yourself if you like:
http://www.roarracing.org/?page_id=251

Thanks ill contact them and see what they say.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #462
Tech Addict

Thanks just had someone call me a cheater cause I'm running the motor and kick his ass with it!! Lol typical I guess!!
MIP Racing
BN Racing
Old 12-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #463
Tech Master

Quote:
Thanks just had someone call me a cheater cause I'm running the motor and kick his ass with it!! Lol typical I guess!!
Seems to be the new trend nowadays. 3 hours south of you we got that haterade virus too
Old 12-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #464
Tech Addict

Well just got new information that roar is going to look at the motors again and reevaluate the motors is trinity going to do anything if they find them illegal and take them off the list! The are making a decision Jan 1st!
MIP Racing
BN Racing
Old 12-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #465
Tech Master

Quote:
Well just got new information that roar is going to look at the motors again and reevaluate the motors is trinity going to do anything if they find them illegal and take them off the list! The are making a decision Jan 1st!
I really don't see what the problem is. It's not like certain people can run the D3.5 and some can't. Trinity products are open to be purchased by everyone. They don't cost any more than most other 17.5 motors either.

My experience, this motor feels the best, and is fast with whatever rotor I use. When I say best, though, I mean in the sense that my car is at the point where it feels most comfortable to drive and I can push it harder. At this point, I've been able to get the most out of the electronics that I probably can, and only thing that is going to make me faster is the way I drive. The car setup is all inclusive; one part of that setup will not make up for any loss in another. Having a slightly faster motor than another person is most likely not going to translate to faster lap times.

17.5 blinky classes are still 100% about the driver. The electronics allowed in these classes are still very close, and if you get beat it's probably because that person just drives better than you.