Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Side Piece Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 07:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quick update for everyone -- I'm going to be out of town for two weeks but shipping will continue to go on.

Also -- there is a new product in the works -- a metal replacement to the TOP Photon steering bellcrank -- you know, the remaining piece that we all break. If the product is cost effective it will be made. Hopefully I'll have an update on this potential new part over the next two weeks...
Old 03-16-2011, 07:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Side Piece Racing Mira Outdrives within a Yokomo BD-5 w/ 50mm ECS

Originally Posted by ddd2k
I had the same problem before so I end up using xray C-hub and steering block which I also converted to xray ECS to eliminate the chatter. The car width is the same.

here's some pics

Originally Posted by kschu
ur outer arm pin still remain the same ?
Originally Posted by pcar951
+1 ?? did you drill the arms or sleeve the pins? Looks great!
I drilled it to have a better play...I think the yokomo pins are 2mm only, also the xray ECS uses C plastic blades for the outdrives, I run mod with the yokomo so the steel outdrives doesn't last long. The spool is by TOP and the outdrives is by someone that makes it here in the US which I found it on this forum also. This car has a lot of corner speed and I like so much than my Xray T3 2011 in terms of handling.
Originally Posted by masterhit
Awesome info, thank you very much for putting that up. Does it matter which length of X-Ray ECS's are used?

Thanks!

Mike Slaughter
Both 52 and 50mm will fit but I can feel when the car bottoms down the 52 seems has some resistance on corners...the 50mm is the perfect fit.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default ohh yearrrhhh

love it...
I'm getting a set of these for my TC6...finally a solution that works...
Made in USA. big plus for me.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I have used side piece outdrives since day one which was sometime in January and have blown 2 blades total racing weekly indoors. I used to ruin multiple blades every race day with small wall taps.

Now I run Xray Ecs's and the Sidepiece outdrives and never worry about blades anymore.

No blade failures this weekend at the East Coast Race of Champs at horsham where I tqed and won Super Stock touring and Mike Haynes finished 2nd both of us with Sidepiece outdrives. He runs them in his TCX with a rear yokomo geardiff.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Side Piece Racing is rolling 5 dudes deep at The C-Squared race tomorrow at The Coliseum

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...n-usa-949.html

As a side note -- I'm still looking into how to make an aluminum replacement to the remaining part of the TOP steering bellcrank. The challenge is finding a way to make the sawtooth inexpensively.

Mira Outdrives supplies are getting low -- but there is a new batch coming on the way!
Old 04-17-2011, 02:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

We had a great time yesterday at The Coliseum's C-Squared race. Side Piece Racing equipped cars took the TQ & Win in both 17.5 and 13.5 Touring Car classes with Larry Fairtrace in 13.5 with his TOP Photon and Mike Haynes in 17.5 with his HB TCX. It was great to see all of the TOP Photon runners at The C's running Mira outdrives too.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Quick reminder to everyone -- PLEASE only use the XRay 305241 Drive Shaft Replacement Plastic Cap 3.5mm blades within your XRay ECS Drive Shafts. The Mira Outdrives were designed entirely around this size of blade. The smaller (incorrect) 3.0mm XRay blades will wobble excessively within the outdrive and break every run!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I just received my second manufacturing run of the Mira Outdrives ... and they look as good as the first.

I haven't posted an update on the TOP Photon steering bellcrank part as I've still been looking at a way to make it inexpensively... but I haven't given up on it (yet)

I believe I'll be creating an Outdrive that fits the XRay spool... now all I need is a final 3d drawing and a new product name
Old 04-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by hanulec
I believe I'll be creating an Outdrive that fits the XRay spool... now all I need is a final 3d drawing and a new product name
When can you send some to MD?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by R Dodge
When can you send some to MD?
we need some drawings first... everyone will see them first here. its been a crazy week...

once the drawing is done-done and the order is in it will take roughly 5 weeks to get the newly manufactured product back. lets see how next week goes...
Old 05-02-2011, 04:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Side Piece Racing had a good weekend at Jackson. There were drivers in contention for the win in 17.5, 13.5 and Modified. In 17.5T there was Ron Goetter in 2nd & Jerry Perez having a little first few lap drama finishing a strong 5th:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

In 13.5T I took down the win, and Steve Walter taking 6th:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

In Modified Larry Fairtrace and Mike Haynes had a great battle going until Larry had an issue (not with a Side Piece Racing product, of course). I on the other hand was just trying to not visit my friendly neighborhood wall at the end of the back straight:
+ YouTube Video
Old 05-11-2011, 05:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Quick note to everyone with Mira outdrives -- it is important to make sure that your outdrives are tight on your spool. loose outdrives cause the plastic spool to wear out faster than usual...
Old 05-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Fj, any plans at all for a Tamiya spool to Xray driveshaft cups?
Old 05-11-2011, 06:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Fj, any plans at all for a Tamiya spool to Xray driveshaft cups?
Hi Karl -- unfortunately i don't have any plans for that. I'm still working on the XRay versions. Unfortunately, when I looked at the Tamiya spool, they make it very hard to implement something like this as the bearing is used to hold the cup onto the spool... and that makes for a very thin spool cup. If you have any other ideas I'm open to hear them.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any news on the Xray version of the outdrives?

Looking to pick some up that would fit 50mm ECS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.