R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree10Likes

Old 01-22-2005, 01:54 AM   #1231
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Hey guys just got my new DSL up and going at our new house. I can finally get on line at some speed!!

Take note of the new email address. EAMotorsports@bellsouth.net

Thanks

EA

P.S. Batteries will be in stock by the end of next week
EA.. sent you a PM about maintaining your email

- chris
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 12:54 PM   #1232
Tech Fanatic

Thax for the info..
Old 01-22-2005, 06:17 PM   #1233
Tech Initiate

Just to let ya know, Colin (hiya, lol) has been sorting me out with EA stock motors for our indoor season over here in ireland, and I can only say one thing, they have been awesome, out performing any other car straight out of the packet, or should I say motor tube.

Got my first F line brushes during the week there and tried running them today.
Before I put the motor in the car I tried running it on my motor checker and it just wouldnt rev up, and it cut out, tried three different pairs of F line brushes in two motors and still no joy.
Put in a set of 4499's and hey presto the motors ran fine. Do the brushes need modified or bedded in to run in an EA roar stock? Or what am I doing wrong?

Thanx in advance.
minibutmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 07:44 PM   #1234
Tech Rookie

minibutmight- It may be because the motor is now pulling amps over what your checker shuts down at. Did you try running it in the car, or only on the checker? Even with T30-35, if the motor pulls too hard it will shut it down.
Gay Focker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 08:56 PM   #1235
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

This is the first I have heard of this problem. Ive not had this happen to me or anyone else that I know of. You may just check the face of the brush and make sure its shiny and doesnt have any mold release film on it. Ive heard of people having a ton of success by reserrating the brushes when new...never tried it myself though.

Let me know what you find out. Id like to be able to pass on the info to any one else who encounters this problem.

Thanks!!

EA

Quote:
Originally posted by minibutmighty
Just to let ya know, Colin (hiya, lol) has been sorting me out with EA stock motors for our indoor season over here in ireland, and I can only say one thing, they have been awesome, out performing any other car straight out of the packet, or should I say motor tube.

Before I put the motor in the car I tried running it on my motor checker and it just wouldnt rev up, and it cut out, tried three different pairs of F line brushes in two motors and still no joy.
Put in a set of 4499's and hey presto the motors ran fine. Do the brushes need modified or bedded in to run in an EA roar stock? Or what am I doing wrong?

Thanx in advance.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:03 PM   #1236
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Photo isnt that clear, but its the EA brushes and monster after three runs, fairly low wear on the face of the brushes, still serrations on there!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscf0553.jpg (174.1 KB, 139 views)
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:54 PM   #1237
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by minibutmighty

Thanx in advance.
gay focker is correct. i put the F-brushes in my EA epic roar stock last sunday (fresh cut, fresh brushes, no mods). i set it to 3V. in about 2-3 seconds. it pulled over 14amps and the motor checker (team much more racing) shut down saying the "amps was too high".

not bad if you ask me.

i lowered the voltage (for break-in to 2V) and the motor was pulling close 10.5 to 11.5 amps.

on the track.... well see my previous post for results.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 11:03 PM   #1238
Tech Master

My monster was pulling 9A at 2V on my pulsar comp. No fade over 5 minutes either!
Old 01-22-2005, 11:40 PM   #1239
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

See it`s good to talk
Me & EA are learning things all the time

Keep us up to date mini
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 11:57 PM   #1240
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by MR JOLLY
See it`s good to talk
Me & EA are learning things all the time

Keep us up to date mini
Shot you a PM Colin
Old 01-23-2005, 10:06 AM   #1241
Tech Initiate

colin told me about this mould on the face some ppl have noticed, mine look fine.

I tried running the motors on my older version turbo 30 charger, and another guys newer turbo 35 charger, and both times it cut out at 3volts and 2 volts and 4 volts.
Turbo thirty just said amps were too high, was running bout 14 amps before it cut out.

Also tried the motors on an orion digital motor checker and as the volts were increased the motor just stayed at a constant rpm, were as with 4499's it would rev up.(incidently if the F line brushes out perform this combo indoors I would be very impressed).

I Even tried a set of brushes not soldered on to convince myself that I hadnt over heated them with the soldering iron.

Didnt try it in the car on track because I wasnt gonna bank on them working for an important qualifying run in the car when they wouldnt work out of the car. I'll try them in practice next day.

The comm's of both roar's were freshly cut and motors properly cleaned and cans zapped. And even after tryin them and then just firing in a set of standard 4499's in a hurry to get to the line, it went out and had more power than anybody else and set TQ and fastest indivdual lap of qualifying with a semi setup car.

Thing is Im going to do a dyno session with a few other guys before we go to the scottish indoor GP, and if we cant get them running how can we compare them?

Ps. What do these guys you speak of use for reseratting the brushes, excuse my ignorance, lol, never done much modifications to brushes. Oh and do you guys use anything like comm drops?
minibutmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 10:36 AM   #1242
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I ran into a simular problem with the F brushes. I was at the January Jam at RC Madness last weekend and monsters were the handouts. I did all the usual prep work( cut comm, align hoods, shim arm). Put a pair of F's in with red and green springs. Borke in for 5 min. then recut the comm. Only was able to pull 8-9 amps at 3 volts and on the track I was way down on power. I even tried red/red springs and nothing changed. Keep in mind that I had two handout motors and had the same results with both. I changed out the brushes with 767's and the motors ripped. I haven't tried them in any of my EA motors yet. What should I try next?
tazz888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 01:09 PM   #1243
J-P
Tech Regular

i run a monster that colin sorted out for me, using f-line brush's I run it up on the pulsar at 2v. it pulled 8amps, i thought this was high!! but i dont know any better any way out of curiousty i run an EA roar with 767's in and it only pulled 3.8amps at the same rate. im not sure of my results but if any one could explain the differance that would be great

i must say that the car didnt have much punch out of corner's but my cells are not the greatest. ( im getting new ones soon )
and was running at 7.7-7.9 ratio in a pro-4

thanks guys hope my info can help some others out

J-P
J-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 02:16 PM   #1244
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Guys first of all you are looking at the wrong thing- you can't rely on amps at 2V with the F brushes. The fastest motor I own is an EA monster out of the box of motors EA was selling at Nashville and it only pull 5.7-6 amps @ 2V and only showed 58watts on a Fantom dyno. It just doesn't look like it will be fast on anything but the CE turbodyno. Put it on the track and she rocks!!

My point is, don't tune the amps, you won't get anywhere. Just set the brushes up like Eric and run it. I can usually run 1, possibly 2 teeth higher gearing with the F brushes.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 02:26 PM   #1245
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to JohnMatrix

Hey Big Dog or Eric,

I just bought some F brushes, do you have or can you link me to the proper way to use the brushes.

Thanks,

Nick

JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote