R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-16-2005, 10:02 PM   #1171
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Hey guys....Motors are up on the site. Monsters and C2's. Only 25 monsters and 12 c2's out of this batch. More on the way though!!

I want to thank you guys for being paitent with me while I moved and such!!

Also I will have a full line of Handwound mod motors for special order on the site in the next week or so. I will also have handwound 19 turn motors. The motors will be wound by Curtis Schlaht of DC Motorsports. He is one of the top winders in the industry. He has been winding motors for other top companies for many years and has decided to do it on his own now. I will post prices and such in a few days. He will be doing the Orion Revolution motors for sure and possible some sort of Reedy. In the mean time his website is www.dcmotorsports.net if you want to read a little more about him.

Thanks again guys

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:05 PM   #1172
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Well I used some of EA's F brushes in my Integy Atlas 19 motor this weekend in 19 touring. I held TQ for all 4 rounds and won the main. And let me say that it was a DARN good thing my motor was fast because my car was a PILE!!! LOL

It's a locked endbell 19 machine wound. I ran f brushes with a red/green spring. One drop of Tribo on the comm. The brushes had a vertical slot in them, but full width. The motor had a lot of torque so I geared it up to around a 31.5 - 32 rollout.

I also ran the F brushes in a reedy 19 quad mag Team Br00d motor in the 2nd and 3rd round. I ran a 30.5 - 31.0 rollout on the motor. I ran red spring on the positive and a green spring tweaked with slightly more tension in it. About a 7 and 6.5 and the fiddle stick. I made a 3/32" hole in the center of the brush but ran it full width. Also used Tribo on this motor as well. This motor was about a tenth slower than my atlas. I may have needed to gear up one more tooth with this motor, but ran out of time due to running 3 classes.

Just wish I had a car to match the speed. The car ran the same laptimes start to finish with no fade. Now if only EA would show me how to setup my TC3 I'd be set....

Later

Michael

Last edited by Tempest2000; 01-16-2005 at 10:35 PM.
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:38 PM   #1173
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance72RC

hey Eric,
I just put in my order for a few motors. I've heard such great things about your motors, that I can't wait to try some myself. If they're as good as expected i'll definitely be putting in another order before my regionals race in February. If they're as good as everyone says, hopefully i'll get my local hobby shops to order some as well. Noone here in the Kansas City MO area is carrying your motors that i've found. But, of course if anyone is please let me know. Because I prefer to support the LHS, so they'll be here when I need them.
Lance
Lance72RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:06 PM   #1174
Tech Regular

I've been having trouble with my F-brushes. I've tried two different motors and have not been able to finish a race before the motor starts to lose significant power. When I tear the motor down the commutator is severly worn and black. I've been running red springs on postitive and green on negative. The only brush modification that I've done is a very small slot. Has anybody else experienced this problem?
kmorast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 02:07 AM   #1175
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Quote:
Originally posted by kmorast
I've been having trouble with my F-brushes. I've tried two different motors and have not been able to finish a race before the motor starts to lose significant power. When I tear the motor down the commutator is severly worn and black. I've been running red springs on postitive and green on negative. The only brush modification that I've done is a very small slot. Has anybody else experienced this problem?
Sure your not over gearing ?? I've had a great time using the F brush myself
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 08:26 AM   #1176
Tech Regular

It's the exact same gearing I've run on other monsters, 28/100 (8.404). I've also tried 27/100 (8.715), same results. I've even noticed the power drop off when I'm breaking the motor in; after only a couple minutes of break in the motors start to lose RPM.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:46 AM   #1177
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by kmorast
I had the same problem this weekend and couldn't figure it out. I'm guessing mine was from one of the motors just being old. The other one worked fine but really couldn't tell how well it was doing over trying to fix my chassis setup.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 08:52 AM   #1178
Tech Regular

I thought it might have been a motor problem also so I tried the brushe's in a different motor. Exact same results; burned comm after a couple of minutes of racing. The first monster I put the brushes in was a EA motorsports monster (great motor). I had just run it the week before with 767's and it was ballistic. I don't think it is the motor. Even during break in the comm gets deep gouges so much so I have to re-cut the comm before I run the motor on the dyno.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:54 AM   #1179
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Doug Gaut

Lance, If you come down to Hutch for the Blizzard Blast this weekend you can pick up a motor from the shop. Hi Performance Hobbies carries EA Motorsports products.
Doug Gaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 09:00 AM   #1180
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Doug Gaut

I have not tried the F brushes in a stocker but in a CH2 19t built for 1/12 racing and they worked great. Red + and green - with vertical slot. There was no fade in an 8 minute run so I am not sure what the problem might be. I will be running some F brushes in a Reedy 19t in sedan this weekend and will report the findings next week.
Doug Gaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 09:07 AM   #1181
s2
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: F-line brushes and reedy quad???

Quote:
Originally posted by EAMotorsports
It should work just fine in a quad mag. I tried them at the novak race and it was good. Red/purple or red/red on the springs.

EA
thanks, i assume thats red ve- and purple ve+?
did you make and changes to the brush face (narrowing, holes, slots etc) ?

thanks again
stew
s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 09:27 AM   #1182
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

EA - You got an order!

JF
Old 01-17-2005, 09:45 AM   #1183
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

if the comm is turning black try going a step heavier on the springs on both sides. Not all motors need the same thing.

Also spring color means NOTHING they vary all over the place that's why a fiddle stick is a good tool to have so you know exactly what tension you have when the spring is on the motor.
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 11:27 AM   #1184
Tech Regular

Anyone has tried F-brushes with Snowbirds 19T handout? Any combo? Thnx
AlanLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:05 PM   #1185
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

Eric, will you be doing any 8/9t mods?

Colin, if he does anychance of getting them sent off for BRCA homologation?
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote