R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 12-05-2004, 05:04 PM   #871
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default brushes

Which brushes did you buy Oz and for which motor?

thanks

vic
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:17 AM   #872
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking Motor goes so well with my car

www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:24 AM   #873
J-P
Tech Regular

hey,

these motors are getting popular over here in the uk thanks to colin and simon (c-s racing). one of your motors TQ and won a meeting on carpet at the eastbourne winter series, i my self was running a new car (pro4) and was trying to get it set up, didnt qualify wel (2nd in the C) but in my finals it came together and i won quite easily and lapped every one in my final race

now the set up's working, i will hopefully be up higher than i was with my old car running your motors, and when MR JOLLY gets his computer fix i will get some of these new brush's

thanks for tuning these great motors and thanks to C-S RACING

J-P
J-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:12 AM   #874
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by J-P
hey,

these motors are getting popular over here in the uk thanks to colin and simon (c-s racing). one of your motors TQ and won a meeting on carpet at the eastbourne winter series, i my self was running a new car (pro4) and was trying to get it set up, didnt qualify wel (2nd in the C) but in my finals it came together and i won quite easily and lapped every one in my final race

now the set up's working, i will hopefully be up higher than i was with my old car running your motors, and when MR JOLLY gets his computer fix i will get some of these new brush's

thanks for tuning these great motors and thanks to C-S RACING

J-P
The only disavantage with virgin brushes is that they are uncut. If you have a brush cutter, set the edge shave to be the same as the outgoing pair (assuming there is any shave area left). If not, shave 0.5mm off each side.

Works for us
EVOtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 06:48 AM   #875
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ran my EA monster yesturday at a large carpet meeting, out of 50 or so drivers i finished 16th and my buddy who used the other motor came in the top 10. I stayed with my gearing i used on a shorter track, any higher seemed to lose out on bottom end with no top end gain. 27.5mm/rev was what i used, ATLAS can you find out if Mr Jolly has any EA ROAR stocks left, if so ill take one! If hes got a mobile and i can call him then that would be great!
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 07:21 AM   #876
Tech Adept

Hierog,

I didn't get to run any of the new brushes, EA showed me a couple of the brushes from one of the test batches and they were pretty wild looking.
Ozwald Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:11 AM   #877
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Hello EA,
Well-Ive got a new Reedy 19t and an old Putnam C2 to run next weekend in Sedan. Do you have any recommendations on brush and springs for both?

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:27 PM   #878
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

EA- the brushes worked well in 19T, at least they looked good in the car I put them in. He said they were as good if not better on the second run (cleaning them up of course.) They faded a tad on the 3rd run.

I ran the laydown in a KR 10x1 (they through in a 5th qualifier, and I locked in the 4th round) so I had some experimenting time. Car was really fast, but fell off bad about 4 mins in, which also happened with the quasars, so can't really say that it was all brush. Lets just say that with the shunt color they start out as, I can make a really cool rainbow effect in 5 mins. Ended up 3rd when it was all said and done. Went to a 2 magnet motor to get it to finish.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:03 PM   #879
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter
Thumbs up EA NEWSFLASH

Floridian Mike Dobbs TQ'd and won the 19 turn class at the 2004 Super Regional (Regions 3 and 4) using an EA Motorsports Epic based 19 turn. Another BIG victory for EA Motorsports.......

Congratulations to Mike and Team EA!!!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 09:36 PM   #880
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Hello EA,
Well-Ive got a new Reedy 19t and an old Putnam C2 to run next weekend in Sedan. Do you have any recommendations on brush and springs for both?

Ray
Ray I would run 767's, 4499's or my/finishline's new brush in them. On the C2 I would take just a little off the leading and trailing edge with purple Pos and red negative spring. On the Reedy I would put a med size hole in the center of the brush and use two reds on it.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 09:38 PM   #881
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally posted by Brandon Melton
EA- the brushes worked well in 19T, at least they looked good in the car I put them in. He said they were as good if not better on the second run (cleaning them up of course.) They faded a tad on the 3rd run.

I ran the laydown in a KR 10x1 (they through in a 5th qualifier, and I locked in the 4th round) so I had some experimenting time. Car was really fast, but fell off bad about 4 mins in, which also happened with the quasars, so can't really say that it was all brush. Lets just say that with the shunt color they start out as, I can make a really cool rainbow effect in 5 mins. Ended up 3rd when it was all said and done. Went to a 2 magnet motor to get it to finish.
Thanks for he update Brandon....Most brushes dont make it past the first run so 3 is really good!!

On the mod I didnt think they would live that long with the amount of silver that is in them...Oh well it was worth a try. Our stand up version is working very well in Mod oval right now...Guess I need to test them in sedan!!!

EA
Old 12-06-2004, 09:39 PM   #882
Team EAM

Default Re: EA NEWSFLASH

Quote:
Originally posted by TeamButter
Floridian Mike Dobbs TQ'd and won the 19 turn class at the 2004 Super Regional (Regions 3 and 4) using an EA Motorsports Epic based 19 turn. Another BIG victory for EA Motorsports.......

Congratulations to Mike and Team EA!!!!!
Yes Congrads to Mr. Dobbs. Thanks for using the loaner EA HP for your victory!!

EA
Old 12-06-2004, 09:57 PM   #883
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Our stand up version is working very well in Mod oval right now...Guess I need to test them in sedan!!!

EA
Dude send me some sets to try out for the 23T stockers
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 10:04 PM   #884
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Great racing this weekend Eric. You looked awesome in 19t, racing only one heat and TQing. Too bad for the demolision derby main. I hope to get up there soon to race some oval. Good luck this weekend in Indy.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 10:10 PM   #885
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

hey Eric... i almost forgot. did you need a oneway with that car i sent? i knew you wanted the diff, but forgot to toss the oneway into the box... lmk.

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote