R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree10Likes

Old 11-28-2004, 10:50 AM   #826
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Eric
Just come from a bit of indoor racing on carpet using your 19t c2, it was a 25k with 5.0 torque & it was fast well inpressed just scrapped into the A (10th) of we went 5 mins ltr i finished in 4th,
Another racer in the same heat was running a uk tuned c2 & he brought one of these beautys(EA c2) to have a back to back test
To say he was impressed he said `i did`nt think these motors went that fast`
After x-mas it will be the turn of the EA 19t c2 to be brought in to the uk (in numbers)

Keep up the good tuning ,me old fruit.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 12:08 PM   #827
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
Originally posted by Brandon Rohde
Eric,

Are you here at Cleveland? If so, what room are you in... havent seen you yet this weekend.
Brandon, as far as I know EA isn't there. I haven't talked to him in a few days but I'm pretty sure he wasn't going. He takes a break from his "damn cell phone" (LMAO) once in a while and the computer, too.

EA- like Pooky and Andy said above, the winners of MSRA 2004 points were all running EAM motors this year, and so were the persons that didn't win as well!! LOL A number of our racers won't even buy any other motors because it's a waste of money.

The MSRA would like to thank Eric and Suzy for their support and sponsorship of the club. It meant a lot to the racers for EA to come to our two big races this year and help the guys with motor tuning and gearing. Part of what makes EA Motorsports customer support so good is that Eric is a very likeable person and takes time out of his own tuning and racing to teach or help the racers. Not to mention he's an excellent driver and has many wins in oval and he's getting extremely fast in on-road.

EA Motorsports- "it's in the can!!"
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 02:22 PM   #828
Tech Elite

DITTO !!!!!!!!!! All others are a waste of time and money ! Great stickers too EA !

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 03:51 PM   #829
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mr Jolly, myself and a friend ran those EA monsters today in a couple of heats, nothing to pick between them speedwise and they were fairly quick out of the corners, cant wait until next week on the larger track Ran it at 27mm/rev, was coming off warm but not hot, so spot on for the track i think.
EA uses 767's doesnt he, what advantages does cutting the brushes in the centre give? Ill have to find a brush serrator or something to do them, im not 100% but the brushes could have been narrowed a little bit too? Ill report more back next week.
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 07:38 PM   #830
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Tazz....got the motors done...Sent you an email about them tonight.

RBLove....Ray showing strong in Masters along with his team mate "the bearded one" Eli Ezrow...TQ and win in both classes for EAMotorsports. Fellow Team driver MO denton was building the HP for him. Thanks to Mo, Eli and Ray for the representation!!

Brandon I didnt make it..The return flight I was booked on was "overbooked" and couldnt get another one out till Monday morning...My real job didnt like that very much so I stayed home

Cool deal Mr Jolly. Let me know if you would prefer the Reedy quad magents over the C2's. Im thinking of getting them in stock.

BDG....Thanks for the words....I got your message but couldnt answer your question so I didnt call back...LOL

Thanks PookyT...Cells are starting to go through "the process" as well as more motors.

Berger glad you liked the motor's. The last batch of 767's I got wore funny in the middle of the brush and worked 100 times better with the vertical slot in the center of them. I also knock a little off the leading and trailing edge to get the torque up there a bit more. ...Usually have to go up on the gear 1-2 teeth with this setup.

Thanks

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 12:39 AM   #831
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by MR JOLLY
Eric
Just come from a bit of indoor racing on carpet using your 19t c2, it was a 25k with 5.0 torque & it was fast well inpressed just scrapped into the A (10th) of we went 5 mins ltr i finished in 4th,
Another racer in the same heat was running a uk tuned c2 & he brought one of these beautys(EA c2) to have a back to back test
To say he was impressed he said `i did`nt think these motors went that fast`
After x-mas it will be the turn of the EA 19t c2 to be brought in to the uk (in numbers)

Keep up the good tuning ,me old fruit.
Note for you Colin, and everyone else running EAs. I have a brush processing machine on the way so I will be able to produce slotted and timed 767s or 4494s

That may also prove useful for any Matrix V10x users, which also run OK on 767s, or so I'm told.
EVOtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 12:41 AM   #832
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Tazz....got the motors done...Sent you an email about them tonight.

RBLove....Ray showing strong in Masters along with his team mate "the bearded one" Eli Ezrow...TQ and win in both classes for EAMotorsports. Fellow Team driver MO denton was building the HP for him. Thanks to Mo, Eli and Ray for the representation!!

Brandon I didnt make it..The return flight I was booked on was "overbooked" and couldnt get another one out till Monday morning...My real job didnt like that very much so I stayed home

Cool deal Mr Jolly. Let me know if you would prefer the Reedy quad magents over the C2's. Im thinking of getting them in stock.

BDG....Thanks for the words....I got your message but couldnt answer your question so I didnt call back...LOL

Thanks PookyT...Cells are starting to go through "the process" as well as more motors.

Berger glad you liked the motor's. The last batch of 767's I got wore funny in the middle of the brush and worked 100 times better with the vertical slot in the center of them. I also knock a little off the leading and trailing edge to get the torque up there a bit more. ...Usually have to go up on the gear 1-2 teeth with this setup.

Thanks

EA
For my two pennorth on the mags, it would be quads.
EVOtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 12:30 PM   #833
J-P
Tech Regular

hey berger,

ive run the 767's with the cross cut, i run them outdoors at west london, a bit more power but slightly harder on the com.

i would like to try the 767's with a vertical cut as i used to use peak brush's the same(pek 2233 i think). they were good but only for 1 or 2 runs and very hard on the com, EA would this be the case with the 767's??

if they are good i hope MR JOLLY will be stocking them

J-P
J-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 01:45 PM   #834
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

well all I have to say is the new Brush that EA MOTORSPORTS is coming out with is going to be the brush to have.
I built motors at this years US INDOOR CHAMPS (because EA coldnt make it) for Eli Ezrow who finally dethrowned the king of masters 1/12 scale.
yes Eli drove like the true champ he is to take home ALL the big hardware with TQ/WIN in both masters classes.
also Junior Norton who made the A main in both classes
Mike Pulfer who made the A in both classes and finished third in TC
and another driver who was in the A but runs for another company so I wont say.
and of course mine but I forgot to stop by the hobby shop and pick up some throttle control.LOL (just one of those weekends)
but the prototype brushes and beyond awesome, as soon as they are in full production they WILL BE A MUST HAVE.
unbelevable torque and RPM and no fading at all. I used a new set every run but hated to to because they barely looked broke in.cant wait to do some more testing this weekend. the test brushes and batteries worked out awesome. there is going to be big things coming out of this one.
Mo
Mo Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:04 PM   #835
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Congrats to all EA drivers that attended The Champs this year....

I used the same brush at the Halloween race and one word....WOW!!! This will be the brush to have!!
Old 11-29-2004, 04:50 PM   #836
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Butter- You will need all that and then some this weekend, lol. See ya Friday.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:56 PM   #837
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

See ya Firday!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 10:36 PM   #838
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

What's happening Friday?
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 02:13 PM   #839
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDogRacing
What's happening Friday?
Hey Jason......Super Region Onroad Championships maybe......
kumpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:40 PM   #840
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally posted by kumpol
Hey Jason......Super Region Onroad Championships maybe......
Are you or anyone from TFB coming? Didn't know if my bus was going to be the only region 3 guys there.