R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree24Likes

Old 10-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #6646
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well that's higher then I was running sunday with spx setting 7 I was running about a 37mm with one of your duos on the center timing setting. car was ballistic fast and got up to about 155. still beat Darryl after coming back form a half lap down when I tapped on the first lap. that's on a 92x50 track guess I need to gear up and try again eh?
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:10 AM   #6647
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
well that's higher then I was running sunday with spx setting 7 I was running about a 37mm with one of your duos on the center timing setting. car was ballistic fast and got up to about 155. still beat Darryl after coming back form a half lap down when I tapped on the first lap. that's on a 92x50 track guess I need to gear up and try again eh?
I'll double check my gearing from the Nats....Posted that from memory...maybe I remembered incorrectly!! LOL

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #6648
Team EAM

Anyone looking for 10.5's or 17.5's I have plenty of Duo 2's in stock! Ready to ship.

EA
Old 10-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #6649
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Anyone looking for 10.5's or 17.5's I have plenty of Duo 2's in stock! Ready to ship.

EA
Good to see you at the BRL race this past weekend EA.

And guys I'll tell ya, after watching EA's Hyperdrive car, you oughta pick up some motors from him. His car was SILLY fast.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:02 PM   #6650
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Good to see you at the BRL race this past weekend EA.

And guys I'll tell ya, after watching EA's Hyperdrive car, you oughta pick up some motors from him. His car was SILLY fast.
Same to you Ian. It was a good time...Just wish I had a decent car to bolt that HP in! The car was horrible!
Old 10-24-2009, 04:36 AM   #6651
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Any ideas when you will be getting more 13.5 Duo 2's? Or are you liquidating and waiting for the Nemesis?
Old 10-24-2009, 06:08 AM   #6652
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchorr View Post
Any ideas when you will be getting more 13.5 Duo 2's? Or are you liquidating and waiting for the Nemesis?
13.5's have been on backorder for some time. The nemesis is not a replacement for the Duo/Duo2. Its the replacement for the Pulse motor. I think (Havent gotten one to test yet) it will be more of an RPM based motor like the pulse was designed to be.

EA
Old 10-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #6653
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Hey Eric. My 13.5 pulled like a horse today. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to time the speed control correctly at the track, but still managed to qualify and finish 2nd. Can't wait to get the setup right on the speedo and really put this thing through the paces.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:00 AM   #6654
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
Hey Eric. My 13.5 pulled like a horse today. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to time the speed control correctly at the track, but still managed to qualify and finish 2nd. Can't wait to get the setup right on the speedo and really put this thing through the paces.
Great to hear Tony! Keep up the good work. Once you get the speedo right you'll really see how fast the Duo2's are.

Ive still got some 10.5 DUO 2's in stock if anyone is interested. A few 17.5's left as well.

EA
Old 10-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #6655
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Great to hear Tony! Keep up the good work. Once you get the speedo right you'll really see how fast the Duo2's are.

EA
I made some adjustments and took it back out Sunday. Lost no torque and pulled hard and fast down the whole straightaway. Simply awesome. Can't wait to lay it down next Saturday.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #6656
Tech Adept

Quote:
I am not very good as far as gearing help with the Tekin speedo's due to the timing advance and such they have. I can tell you with an LRP SPX on profile 7 I run around a 45-48mm rollout with foams. That would be middle hole if your running a DUO for timing.

EA
I got a SPX and I am using rubber with a 105 spur with internal 2.055 what would be a good starting point? ty.
Mutabarucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #6657
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutabarucka View Post
I got a SPX and I am using rubber with a 105 spur with internal 2.055 what would be a good starting point? ty.
Which motor?

EA
Old 10-27-2009, 05:13 AM   #6658
Tech Adept

Quote:
Which motor?

EA
17.5 Duo2.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #6659
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutabarucka View Post
17.5 Duo2.
Start with profile 7 on the SPX, timing about half way between 0 and full. Around a 4.75 FDR to start with. Run for 3 minutes and check temp. If very hot (170+) then pull car and let it cool off and drop a tooth. If motor is not very hot then finish run and check the temp. I try to get mine where they come off around 170 at teh end of a run with no fan on it. If you put a fan on the motor then you can run 1 tooth more as the fan is good for about 30F of temp drop.

Thanks
EA
Old 10-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #6660
Tech Adept

Quote:
Start with profile 7 on the SPX, timing about half way between 0 and full. Around a 4.75 FDR to start with. Run for 3 minutes and check temp. If very hot (170+) then pull car and let it cool off and drop a tooth. If motor is not very hot then finish run and check the temp. I try to get mine where they come off around 170 at teh end of a run with no fan on it. If you put a fan on the motor then you can run 1 tooth more as the fan is good for about 30F of temp drop.

Thanks
EA
Much appreciated.