R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree37Likes

Old 09-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #6511
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I mean, if you're looking to gripe about prior art, Nexus probably has you all beat.

http://nexusracing.com/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=60

I've been using LiPo since the Orion packs came out 2+ years ago, and the first day we used them, we discussed having a local machinist make a tray exactly like what you guys are both producing. It's a good idea for sure, but hardly unique, or anything but the most obvious solution.

Well, unless you're Corally. They could chop wood with that crazy thing! Gotta give 'em credit for creativity though.

When EA showed me the tray at IIC, I was jealous it wouldn't fit in my car. Shoo gooing weights to the bottom of my packs is jank.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #6512
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Thats about all I got to say to both of you. Neither of you are worth my time. I never mentioned your product in anything I have posted nor have I flamed you till you poked YOUR nose in MY THREAD!

Keep making derogatory remarks in MY THREAD and I'll have it handled.

EA

its always funny when someone says YOUR NOT WORTH MY TIME while taking the time to respond and end the post with a threat.

drew,, dude, kevin is a racer and is making a product for racers. and there is nothing wrong with fit and or finish of the product, cut it with your teeth, really, you really think that, oh and when did you not see one when racing to compare the new improved one to. and you've been using one for a long time in gas on road, really, who makes them, where can i get one, never seen one, anywhere, at anytime

also one question about the claim, "puts back all the weight" do all lipos weigh the same.

i would think as a small business man building products for RC racers you of all people would understand why someone that has thier product ripped off might be a little upset. guess not, no honor amung thiefs.

ban me, delete me, curse me, don't really care. everyone that sees this will know whats up. 98% won't say a thing.
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #6513
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I mean, if you're looking to gripe about prior art, Nexus probably has you all beat.

http://nexusracing.com/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=60

I've been using LiPo since the Orion packs came out 2+ years ago, and the first day we used them, we discussed having a local machinist make a tray exactly like what you guys are both producing. It's a good idea for sure, but hardly unique, or anything but the most obvious solution.

Well, unless you're Corally. They could chop wood with that crazy thing! Gotta give 'em credit for creativity though.

When EA showed me the tray at IIC, I was jealous it wouldn't fit in my car. Shoo gooing weights to the bottom of my packs is jank.
dude, the nexus weights are cheap bendable lead and don't stick with the peel and stick crap on it and you have to cut to fit. thats a whole different world, if kevin would have ordered weights from Nexus, and came out with the same cheap lead, then yea, there would be something to complain about

don't miss this very important fact, EA ordered PPD lipo plates to copy and are now selling thier own version.
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

Old 09-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #6514
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
don't miss this very important fact, EA ordered PPD lipo plates to copy and are now selling thier own version.
Thats where your wrong dude... Its been posted. Would you like to see a receipt from the manufacture of these new plats for when he ordered the material?

Get a life and grow up! If you dont like it go post it in PPD's thread...not mine.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:43 PM   #6515
Team EAM

Skypilot....pot meet kettle!!

EA
Attached Thumbnails
EAMotorsports discussion thread-irp-plate-001.jpg  
Old 09-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #6516
Tech Champion

Quote:
Skypilot....pot meet kettle!!

EA
looks way different then the one ppd is making instead of a exact copy

compare for your selfs
http://www.ppdbillet.com/associated_tc5.html

Old 09-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #6517
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
looks way different then the one ppd is making instead of a exact copy
Yea....your right. The ppd uses clamps and has the extra alumn around the edge of it.....Whatever

EA
Old 09-07-2008, 06:07 PM   #6518
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Yea....your right. The ppd uses clamps and has the extra alumn around the edge of it.....Whatever
EA
First off, I didn't purchase, measure or copy that plate...period. Ours has more benefits and uses, and is a new design from me.

That said, I have no problem with others even making a similar design plate as ours, there isn't alot of room for alternatives as pointed out earlier. This is good for the consumer which I'm all for.

The problem I have is one of ethics...you buying ours, then 1 month later, low and behold there is the same looking product. If the other came out before ours arrived....why order our plate?

This may seem trivial to some, but there are problems machining something that thin that only seeing / copying another can help you get past, along with total weight and size that help someone else cut corners that the originator had to go thru.

I've said my piece...good luck with your weights.

Kevin
PPD
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #6519
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
First off, I didn't purchase, measure or copy that plate...period. Ours has more benefits and uses, and is a new design from me.

That said, I have no problem with others even making a similar design plate as ours, there isn't alot of room for alternatives as pointed out earlier. This is good for the consumer which I'm all for.

The problem I have is one of ethics...you buying ours, then 1 month later, low and behold there is the same looking product. If the other came out before ours arrived....why order our plate?

This may seem trivial to some, but there are problems machining something that thin that only seeing / copying another can help you get past, along with total weight and size that help someone else cut corners that the originator had to go thru.

I've said my piece...good luck with your weights.

Kevin
PPD
Yawn....You guys are getting old and boring....

Obviously you guys cant read very well......Ive stated my facts but you all cant seem to read.

Now that you've said your peace leave my thread alone as I have asked several times......I have NOT poked my nose in any of the numerous threads you've created.

EA
Old 09-07-2008, 06:59 PM   #6520
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

"Hey Kevin I received your PPD lipo weights and really like the looks of it but it really doesn't fit the applications (XRay) I'm looking for. I might just have to have a buddy of mine make something similar that's XRay specific.

Thanks for an awesome product....expect mine to come out soon" - EA

Maybe Kevin was looking for something like this.......you know, A HEADS-UP

Who needs a hug?

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #6521
Tech Master

Mike Swagur from Mugen made these plates 3 years ago for the gas cars because we were always lite so the best place to add weight is the bottom of the car the batt holder that has always been carbon or plastic.....and the place that you can get stuff like that is YBSLOW products the reason you never seen it is you probley do not run gas check it out and you probley see that he has a lot more stuff too...The only reason that I have said anything about this is because I thought it was very low class to come on someones thread and say things like what you guys have been saying and that is why I went on yours and what do you know the same idea IRP had you guys do too plus thats what PM'S are for it looks close but it not the same and I know Barry from Hyperdrive and belive me he does not need a product to check out before he makes it he is world class Hyperdrive has been around a long time your design is very simple and it is one of the easiest to make the first thing I thought was the something we need a tray under the pak to get the weight back in the car and to balance it out and that was almost 2 years ago when Danny from SMC told that they were thinking about lipos.... You don't bash us and we won't bash you....So thats ALL I got to say good luck with your company I hope you the best ....Later Drew

[QUOTE=skypilot;4814297

drew,, dude, kevin is a racer and is making a product for racers. and there is nothing wrong with fit and or finish of the product, cut it with your teeth, really, you really think that, oh and when did you not see one when racing to compare the new improved one to. and you've been using one for a long time in gas on road, really, who makes them, where can i get one, never seen one, anywhere, at anytime
Old 09-07-2008, 07:23 PM   #6522
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 181 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
Mike Swagur from Mugen made these plates 3 years ago for the gas cars because we were always lite so the best place to add weight is the bottom of the car the batt holder that has always been carbon or plastic.....and the place that you can get stuff like that is YBSLOW products the reason you never seen it is you probley do not run gas check it out and you probley see that he has a lot more stuff too...The only reason that I have said anything about this is because I thought it was very low class to come on someones thread and say things like what you guys have been saying and that is why I went on yours and what do you know the same idea IRP had you guys do too plus thats what PM'S are for it looks close but it not the same and I know Barry from Hyperdrive and belive me he does not need a product to check out before he makes it he is world class Hyperdrive has been around a long time your design is very simple and it is one of the easiest to make the first thing I thought was the something we need a tray under the pak to get the weight back in the car and to balance it out and that was almost 2 years ago when Danny from SMC told that they were thinking about lipos.... You don't bash us and we won't bash you....So thats ALL I got to say good luck with your company I hope you the best ....Later Drew

Well if you want to get technical i made plate for my Serpent 705 in 2003 5 years ago and 2 years before Mike Swagar
Old 09-07-2008, 07:30 PM   #6523
Tech Champion

don't mean to continue on this thread but...
drew, dude,
OK, so i go to YBSLOW, i see the lipo tray, ah, ummm, isn't that a battery cover that replaces the plastic one. yea it adds weight. i guess the guys that used to shoe goe quarters to their chassis should take credit also. it is a very long reach to compare the PPD plates and the YBSLOW 'COVER'

from one low class guy another, your not making sense

rip you off later.

ritchie,

owner/operator of ea motrsports.

close but not the same

Old 09-07-2008, 08:02 PM   #6524

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Alright here comes my mod post of the day. My father could design and cut that tray from scratch and make it look even better than both of yours if he wanted to...Thats not a joke. This design does not take a rocket scientist to create, nor improve upon. If everyone doesn't stop the bashing on each others products, suspensions and bans can be provided. Everyone is trying to make a profit in this world. If you don't like someone else, fine. Leave it to PM's and off the boards for everyone to read!!!!!

These trays are good ideas, and Hyperdrive happened to release one as well. Unless there is a patent, good luck on someone not improving upon something.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #6525
Tech Master

Stephen great post and thats fosho about your Pops he would put everyone to shame....I just want to say sorry to everyone who had to read all of that but it had to be done now that it is over back to business so anybody thinking EA's plates are dailed they are ready to be shipped and EA has already put up the contact so leave a post and let us know....As for the BL motors Ea has something up his sleeve and we should hav some EA tuned brushed motor in stock soon for you guys across the pond and I think EA will be doing lipos so if anyone is liking that idea let him know...Like I said sorry about all that mess thanks for the support for racers by racers....Later Drew