R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 08-18-2008, 12:52 AM   #6496
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
Hey Eric. How is the brushless testing going? When can we expect to see some BL motors with the EA stickers?
Me too! Not had that magic EA rip since going over to brushless and Lipo a year ago.
Anyone distributing EA stuff in the UK now? Be good to get back that extra edge!

Paul
Team EAM
mutley001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:09 AM   #6497
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ouch- thay Taylor Hicks thing still going.. huh??

At least "Boomhaur" never caught on

I am looking to go fast this fall, am i in the correct thread?
Old 09-06-2008, 08:57 AM   #6498
Tech Master

Thanks EA for the help last week its good to be back on the team where it all started...Guys the BL motor testing is going good EA should have some in shortly and if any of you need the new trick EA lipo tray just call or leave a post EA should have a pic up in a little bit I ran one at the IIC so did Jeff Cuffs and Mirco T they worked great and its all the weight you need to add to the car....Later Drew
Old 09-06-2008, 09:02 AM   #6499
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yea, when do we get to see pics of that tray???
Old 09-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #6500
Tech Master

Oh EA Oh EA where are you is this thread dead or what wake up people Ea is still in business......LOLLOLLOL...Later Drew
Old 09-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #6501
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Ok Here are some pics of the new Lipo trays that are being made by Hyperdrive. There will be two different ones for sale. These first ones are made of stainless and will be thicker made for the Xray 008US kit. They are made to add all of your weight back under the lipo pack to keep the handling the same as Nimh cells. These were tested by several guys at the IIC with great results (All were A main cars). The Xray 008US plates are available now.

The next batch will be a mixture of thick and thinner ones for other cars (2.5mm chassis) and will be black in color. These should be done by the end of this coming week. The thinner ones will obviously be a little lighter but not by much. The trays have been designed to fill in all of the battery slots for maximum weight under the tray.

The last picture shows how we used the SMC 5000 pack in the 008 at the IIC. By having the battery angled the way it is allows the rear of the pack to hang over a little and offset the weight of the BL motor perfectly.

Any questions can be posted here. For orders the first ones will go directly to Barry Hill at Hyperdrive. His email is Gadgethill@aol.com Cost will be 30.00 each plus 6.00 for priority mail shipping for the stainless ones. The next batch of black ones will be around 25.00 each plus shipping.

Thanks
EA
Attached Thumbnails
EAMotorsports discussion thread-vegas-040.jpg   EAMotorsports discussion thread-vegas-041.jpg   EAMotorsports discussion thread-vegas-042.jpg   EAMotorsports discussion thread-vegas-043.jpg  
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:57 PM   #6502
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Ok Here are some pics of the new Lipo trays that are being made by Hyperdrive.......Any questions can be posted here.
Thanks
EA
Well, I have to say I was hoping for something more original. Those appear to be a very close copy to the 2 base plates I sold you on 8/9/08.

I could have saved you some time and just sent you a cad model, or possibly the CNC program even.

Nothing new about them..

http://www.redrc.net/2008/01/ppd-ez-...unting-system/

Last edited by Verndog; 09-06-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:00 AM   #6503
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Well, I have to say I was hoping for something more original. Those appear to be a very close copy to the 2 base plates I sold you on 8/9/08.

I could have saved you some time and just sent you a cad model, or possibly the CNC program even.

Nothing new about them..

http://www.redrc.net/2008/01/ppd-ez-...unting-system/

1st off I never said there was anything new or original about them. Although these are more car specific and add all the weight under the battery where it needs to be and not on the side of it. They actually fill in the complete battery slot's for the cars and are thicker on the bottom. And these are machined on all sides and not just one side so they do look more professional.

2nd off I didnt make them someone else is making them. He was already starting on them for oval cars when he asked me about making some TC's as well......

EA
Old 09-07-2008, 07:31 AM   #6504
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:

2nd off I didnt make them someone else is making them. He was already starting on them for oval cars when he asked me about making some TC's as well......

EA
let me finish that sentence for ya....

well.....i remember seeing yours so i called and ordered some for him to copy... we machined the side that attaches to the battery that one one will ever see so we could claim they are not the same and will look more professional. (professional rip off you mean)

you might at least be honest with your opening line.. these plates will be thicker then the ones from PPD....

a old late night radio talk show host used to say, "you know you have arrived when others rip off your idea."

I'm sure the flaming will follow but its obvious to those with a open mind what happened here
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:13 AM   #6505
Tech Master

Quote:
1st off I never said there was anything new or original about them. Although these are more car specific and add all the weight under the battery where it needs to be and not on the side of it. They actually fill in the complete battery slot's for the cars and are thicker on the bottom. And these are machined on all sides and not just one side so they do look more professional.

EA
New is exactly what you called them..go read your post again. Professional?? Pretty liberal with that term. A professional would give credit to the product origin (PPD), and IMO wouldn't sell a solution as something that doesn't even fit the chassis (angled unsightly / unprotected lipo exposed to impact and damge). You claim "adds all the weight back", yet there are many LiPo's at various weights...but whatever...carry on with your "new lipo tray"....I'm done here.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #6506
Tech Master

I would just like to say that this is a very old idea some of the factory guys come up with it well before lipo was even being ran so to say this is your idea thats crazy we have been running tray like this in gas onroad for the batt for a long time is does not take someone with a phd to know that you want the weight lowest in the car and I saw yours and EA's and the first thing i said about the ppd is did the guy use his teeth to make this or what so i think when EA says more professional he hit it dead on with that...Later Drew
Old 09-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #6507
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
I would just like to say that this is a very old idea some of the factory guys come up with it well before lipo was even being ran so to say this is your idea thats crazy we have been running tray like this in gas onroad for the batt for a long time is does not take someone with a phd to know that you want the weight lowest in the car and I saw yours and EA's and the first thing i said about the ppd is did the guy use his teeth to make this or what so i think when EA says more professional he hit it dead on with that...Later Drew
Dude...he blatantly bought our product then had his vendor copy it...give it up! If it doesn't take a PHD then when did he need ours to start with? Had he not bought ours, end of story, I wouldn't be here. As far as your ridiculous opinion, the answer lies in your signiture, we've sold over 400 of the base plates with zero returns...beat that.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #6508
Tech Master

400 hundred ok i fine that hard to belive because i have not seen any of them at races and its been a long time that i have not been at a race so maybe back yard bashers and that explains why it looks like that so EA's is made by racers for racers and your partner talking about the angle of the pak does not know what he is talking about have you guys try balancing your car or does it matter for you .....Later Drew
Old 09-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #6509
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
let me finish that sentence for ya....

well.....i remember seeing yours so i called and ordered some for him to copy... we machined the side that attaches to the battery that one one will ever see so we could claim they are not the same and will look more professional. (professional rip off you mean)

you might at least be honest with your opening line.. these plates will be thicker then the ones from PPD....

a old late night radio talk show host used to say, "you know you have arrived when others rip off your idea."

I'm sure the flaming will follow but its obvious to those with a open mind what happened here
Quote:
New is exactly what you called them..go read your post again. Professional?? Pretty liberal with that term. A professional would give credit to the product origin (PPD), and IMO wouldn't sell a solution as something that doesn't even fit the chassis (angled unsightly / unprotected lipo exposed to impact and damge). You claim "adds all the weight back", yet there are many LiPo's at various weights...but whatever...carry on with your "new lipo tray"....I'm done here.
Thats about all I got to say to both of you. Neither of you are worth my time. I never mentioned your product in anything I have posted nor have I flamed you till you poked YOUR nose in MY THREAD!

Keep making derogatory remarks in MY THREAD and I'll have it handled.

EA
Old 09-07-2008, 01:36 PM   #6510
Team EAM

Quote:
Dude...he blatantly bought our product then had his vendor copy it...give it up! If it doesn't take a PHD then when did he need ours to start with? Had he not bought ours, end of story, I wouldn't be here. As far as your ridiculous opinion, the answer lies in your signiture, we've sold over 400 of the base plates with zero returns...beat that.
Get over it idiot...."My vendor" did not copy it. He never even seen your trays. I gave him my two Xrays cars (US and EU) and he made it from them. Yours showed up a few days after he had made his first trays.

Im so glad you THINK you know it all!!

EA