R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree37Likes

Old 01-14-2007, 04:29 PM   #5266
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default Snowbirds

For anyone (Team and Customers) needing fresh cells for the Birds be sure to email me and let me know. Im working on a fresh batch that is very very good!!

[email protected]

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:06 PM   #5267
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yo EA you need to pop out to the track this week and help me set up my KSG the Woods car is getting retired after 12 years.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:09 PM   #5268
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer
yo EA you need to pop out to the track this week and help me set up my KSG the Woods car is getting retired after 12 years.
Dont know if I'll have time...but you bought the wrong car!! LOL Should have gotten a Red car!!

I may try to come out Ive got to bring Michael his 12th scale and some brushes.

EA
Old 01-15-2007, 06:37 AM   #5269
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Sorry Boosta...I must have overlooked your first question. F brushes will probably give you the most overall power but the 4499's will give a little more RPM. I would run purple/red springs on either with rubber tires. We usually run red/red on carpet with foam tires which are a lot lighter. So with the heavier tires it will add load and arching to the motor which will require a little heavier on the POS spring.

Thanks
EA

Hi Ea no worries dude, i tried some 4499's in my c2 on sunday at carpet wars and think that they would probably work better on a bigger track they didn't seem to pull as nice as the f-lines out of the bends and the straight wasn't long enough for the extra rpms to come into play thinking about it now maybe i should have geared it diffrent for the diffrent brush?. I didn't get a chance to try the red spring on the neg but bent the pur/neg a little to back the tension off and it felt cool but i was still feeling a little under powered. Can you recommend a slot or hole in the brush to give a little more overall power?
Made the B final this round (8th) which i'm really pleased with as i still consider myself a touring car newbie, all powered by EA cells and motors thanks Eric
Boosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:37 AM   #5270
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosta
thanks stlnlst i picked up a couple of pairs today to try carpet wars, what springs should i run with the 4499's?
So how did the brushes work out for you? Did you go with the spring combo EA suggested? He knows his stuff.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:21 AM   #5271
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
So how did the brushes work out for you? Did you go with the spring combo EA suggested? He knows his stuff.
how's that for timing!!! i got hold of a pair of trinity polarised pur/red to try but it turned out the way the red spring was wound it would only go on the positive side on my c2, so will need to get hold of some more. I tried the 4499's in in my last final and thinking about it now i realise i should have geared down a bit with the 4499's to utilise the extra rpm's hindsight don't you just love it!!
thanks for the tips guys much appreciated

Last edited by Boosta; 01-15-2007 at 07:35 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #5272
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Hi Boosta

going back to last sunday re;;carpetwars the top 2 qualifyers in 27t had F-lines
Elliot who Tq`d & won the meet ran 1 set for 4 runs (it droped of a little on the fourth run

this is what i did & showed Elliot`s Dad what to do (it worked aswell)
there`s a suprise
rebuilt a EA Roar back up for him red/purple springs ,full face F-lines (ones you just sent me EA)
gearing was 8.3 fdr ,this stayed the same all day from round 1
ran it ,then got the cotton bud out soaked with Motor cleaner ,on comm spun round to clean ,cleaned the Faces of the brush up
mainley to get rid of burnt deposits ,it went faster on 2nd & 3rd run
4 th was good enough to get 2nd in last final ,still posted fastest lap aswell

basically you don`t have to cut comm & new brush every run to go fast ,if anything you will go faster on the 2nd & 3rd run reason being the brush is fully bedded in to the curviture of the comm & it is sitting preety & producing loads of power

F-lines
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:25 PM   #5273
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Hi Boosta

going back to last sunday re;;carpetwars the top 2 qualifyers in 27t had F-lines
Elliot who Tq`d & won the meet ran 1 set for 4 runs (it droped of a little on the fourth run

this is what i did & showed Elliot`s Dad what to do (it worked aswell)
there`s a suprise
rebuilt a EA Roar back up for him red/purple springs ,full face F-lines (ones you just sent me EA)
gearing was 8.3 fdr ,this stayed the same all day from round 1
ran it ,then got the cotton bud out soaked with Motor cleaner ,on comm spun round to clean ,cleaned the Faces of the brush up
mainley to get rid of burnt deposits ,it went faster on 2nd & 3rd run
4 th was good enough to get 2nd in last final ,still posted fastest lap aswell

basically you don`t have to cut comm & new brush every run to go fast ,if anything you will go faster on the 2nd & 3rd run reason being the brush is fully bedded in to the curviture of the comm & it is sitting preety & producing loads of power

F-lines
Hi colin, that's basically what i did, i ran a fresh set of f-lines in a c2 with pur/pur springs for practice and the first rnd but my gearing (5.98) was awful, the pos brush was going purple at the top! so i went up to 6.16 skimmed the comm and re brushed,bedded in etc but it just didn't have the go in it, i ran that for the 2nd+3rd quali and the first final and just cleaned the comm and brushes with a comm stick in between runs. In the last final i tried the 4499's but that was no good.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:12 AM   #5274
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

EA
there were 3 EA drivers in top 10 19t class on sunday 2 leg finals
Mark stiles (won it overall)
chris condon (6th overall)
Adrian Bidewell (he went early though ,but he qualifyied 6th in A )

got a feeling there might of been another EA motor in there (stewart) not sure
i think it was a good showing for the day
EA roar won the 27t on the day aswell

EA
ygpm
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:38 AM   #5275
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosta
how's that for timing!!! i got hold of a pair of trinity polarised pur/red to try but it turned out the way the red spring was wound it would only go on the positive side on my c2, so will need to get hold of some more. I tried the 4499's in in my last final and thinking about it now i realise i should have geared down a bit with the 4499's to utilise the extra rpm's hindsight don't you just love it!!
thanks for the tips guys much appreciated
I don't know how big the track you run on is but I usually run my C2's at 6.2FDR They don't go into melt down or badly burn the brushes. I'm sure on your next time out you will have better results.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:43 AM   #5276
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
I don't know how big the track you run on is but I usually run my C2's at 6.2FDR They don't go into melt down or badly burn the brushes. I'm sure on your next time out you will have better results.
Hi STLNST I was geared at 5.98 when i burn't up a set of f-lines so i went up to 6.16 which kept the brushes clean but was lacking down the straight, still i'm really pleased with the result as i said i'm still a newb at this electric game i've only ever run nitro on road up till last sept/oct so 18th overall at an event like that has left a silly grin on my face since sunday thanks for the pointers on brushes and springs i'm gonna be doing some serious testing over the coming weeks

Ea,
i see on the microtech website they've only got c2's are there going to be any Atlas's hitting these shores?
Old 01-16-2007, 06:24 PM   #5277
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)

Eric,

How do you like the XXX brush in the CO27? And where would you start for gearing (Rubber tires on Carpet)?

Thanks!
Fred Perkins
Old 01-16-2007, 06:50 PM   #5278
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Old Man
Eric,

How do you like the XXX brush in the CO27? And where would you start for gearing (Rubber tires on Carpet)?

Thanks!
Fred Perkins
Hi Fred,

I have only found XXX's to work well in stock motors when its really hot outside or really really humid. When you do use them you will need to go up 1 tooth from what you normally run. Also before putting them in check the top or bottom serration as it will stick out a LOT further than the rest and will need to be knocked off with an xacto knife. I would start around a 7.0-7.2 on carpet with XXX brushes. 7.25-7.5 with F's. This depends on track size as well.

EA
Old 01-16-2007, 07:14 PM   #5279
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

hey Eric, most of our tracks are in that 80-90 x 50ish range. I didnt like XXX's in stock very much. they do last but they seem to lack the rip that F's have.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:38 PM   #5280
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)

Cool!
Thanks Eric. That was kinda what I was figuring. I have been more pleased with the F's lately than anything else.