Like Tree78Likes

EAMotorsports discussion thread

Old 10-31-2006, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AChupp2
Instead of starting a new thread I thought I would just ask this here since I am pretty sure EA and some others may be able to answer it. I just purchased a Pitbull X3 and was wondering what peak detect and any other settings are recommended for use with 3800 and 4200 packs. Thanks in advance.
Charge at 6.0 amps, peak detect at .20, and long lockout at 3000mah. I have found with the lower peak detect it's important to use the long lock out feature to keep the pack form false peaking. You can use a 7.0 amp charge but your packs will get hotter and overall life of the pack will be shorter.

After you are done racing for the day always make sure to put at least 500 seconds (1000mah on your Pitbull) back in the pack. This will help keep the pack from venting cells on the next charge. Make sure to dump the pack back down before charging the next week.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Similar question to the one answered above, but I'll be using my Novak Millenium Pro to charge my 4200's. Normally I use this charger form my nitro needs but seeing as how my CTX is screwed up I'll be using my Millenium until I get it back. Should I use the Nicad linear mode or the Nimh mode. The nimh mode is completely automatic and changes to delta can't be made. Sorry for asking this but I just don't want to screw up my new packs, I hope Much more is quick in getting my CTX back.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Good showing at the Halloween Classic!
Old 11-01-2006, 06:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
Similar question to the one answered above, but I'll be using my Novak Millenium Pro to charge my 4200's. Normally I use this charger form my nitro needs but seeing as how my CTX is screwed up I'll be using my Millenium until I get it back. Should I use the Nicad linear mode or the Nimh mode. The nimh mode is completely automatic and changes to delta can't be made. Sorry for asking this but I just don't want to screw up my new packs, I hope Much more is quick in getting my CTX back.
The NIHM mode of the Novak charger is only for AA type batteries. It's not for the packs we run. Charge on the Nicad settings
Old 11-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yes, THANK YOU EA for the horsepower help from the Halloween classic and all the races that you help with. See you soon.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

@EA
did you follow up my PM re;eastbourne track over here in the uk
Old 11-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
@EA
did you follow up my PM re;eastbourne track over here in the uk

No never did...been to busy the past few weeks. I'll look into it now.

EA
Old 11-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

this is the very latest on track

http://www.eecc.co.uk/gallery/track-...006/index.html
Old 11-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Eric,

Got my latest C2 through from microtech today, and wow..... a PINK motor tube Blimey!

Looks shiney, means I now have two awesome C2's ready for carpet wars later this month.
Oh an Colin, I was checking the other motor last night, doesnt need any work on it. Hoods are straight, I've skimmed and shimmed the new arm, and given it a thorough clean. Only thing that might need doing is zapping the can, but thats all (it's not that old a can anyway, not used that many times). Cheers anyway.

Ed
Old 11-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TryHard
Hey Eric,

Got my latest C2 through from microtech today, and wow..... a PINK motor tube Blimey!

Looks shiney, means I now have two awesome C2's ready for carpet wars later this month.
Oh an Colin, I was checking the other motor last night, doesnt need any work on it. Hoods are straight, I've skimmed and shimmed the new arm, and given it a thorough clean. Only thing that might need doing is zapping the can, but thats all (it's not that old a can anyway, not used that many times). Cheers anyway.

Ed
that`s handy coz lewis is bringing he`s thunder zapper down to the wars

down tonbridge i used the EA KD man this is one fast indoor motor i can see why the CP,Atlas,V2 & Corrally user`s stopped ian from allowing this beastie to be legal top lot all had one
Old 11-02-2006, 05:04 AM
Tech Master

STLNLST,

Thanks for the info. I usually only use it to charge reciever packs and tx packs. I was thinking that the Nicad mode would be the better choice thats why I asked. Thanks again.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
STLNLST,

Thanks for the info. I usually only use it to charge reciever packs and tx packs. I was thinking that the Nicad mode would be the better choice thats why I asked. Thanks again.
No problem. I have always charged my receiver packs and tx packs using the regular charger feature's....just lowered the charge rate.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

EA, When do you expect to get more CO27's and speed juice in?
Old 11-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default EA motorsports team

hi all:i was just on the EA site and saw paul wynns name listed on the factory drivers page.my question is has he switched to EA motorsports motors and batteries or is he still using reedy fusion combo?i'd like to know what's up thanks
Old 11-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by b-man777
hi all:i was just on the EA site and saw paul wynns name listed on the factory drivers page.my question is has he switched to EA motorsports motors and batteries or is he still using reedy fusion combo?i'd like to know what's up thanks
I Think PW is just running EA cells with the mod help when he isn't running his brushless. I could be wrong but I'm sure EA will set the record straight when he posts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.