R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree25Likes

Old 05-01-2006, 11:10 AM   #4186
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

EA,
That new EA-KD and those batteries ROCKED at the TCS this weekend! I was running around a 6.6 to keep it conservative, and the comm looks as good now as it did when I first put it in the car with no cuts. My car was an absolute missile, just too bad the TRF aluminum turnbuckles SUCK! Two qualifiers with two DNFs earned me the BQ, but I made the best of it and knocked off some of the fastest laps of the day in the main. If only........

On a happy note, I did TQ and win the F1 class with an EA-KD and 3800's. The motor even liked the 7.00 fixed ratio in the F201 cars.

Thanks again,
Bill
minimadman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:02 PM   #4187
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This weekend was pretty good here too. 3rd in Pro modified at the Scion Sponsored race at Irwindale Speedway on Sunday. Best part was the view after the race
Attached Thumbnails
EAMotorsports discussion thread-scion-race-resize.jpg   EAMotorsports discussion thread-scion-chicks.jpg  
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:20 AM   #4188
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

would you like both jon or will you share think i can handle just the one though (getting old now)
Tarten skirts & all

EA ran the KD like i siad earlier but it went with the c2 gear ratio better then 1-2 teeth more (faded with this) lot better on c2 gearing
do think it is the track & conditions for that day ??
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:43 PM   #4189
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Good job to all you guys!!

Jolly it could be the temperature that day or just that motor in paticular.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:45 PM   #4190
Team EAM

Still have some C027's, Monster stocks and KD-19 turns left but they are going pretty fast. Not sure when the next batch will be in.

Ive also got some killer 4200's. 1.21+ at 35 amps!!

Look for another EAM sale on "practice" type packs in the next few days as well.

EA
Old 05-02-2006, 11:06 PM   #4191
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

EA .....

Ran your new Komodo Dragon tonite at Socal in 19t and wow , was it fast. Took the win and I was very impressed with the power. What gear ratio should I be running for indoor rubber tire ? What brushes did you use for the motor ?

Thanks,

Kevin Smith
Old 05-02-2006, 11:51 PM   #4192
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

we tried going down from 5.3 (c2) 4.9/5.1 ,but it went a lot better on 5.3 but this means it was not slower ,it was faster then the c2 ,we have a very long straight it would come out of the corner get 1/3rd down then it will change gear (like it`s hitting a power band on yamaha 250 powervalve)
Old 05-03-2006, 07:15 AM   #4193
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbckevin
EA .....

Ran your new Komodo Dragon tonite at Socal in 19t and wow , was it fast. Took the win and I was very impressed with the power. What gear ratio should I be running for indoor rubber tire ? What brushes did you use for the motor ?

Thanks,

Kevin Smith
Hey Kevin,

Glad you like the motor. Everyone keeps saying 2 teeth less than a C2 if its hot. But if its cool you can run about the same as a C2. I started with a 6.50FDR when I ran mine a few weeks ago....that was on a large track and very hot outside.

If it has silver shunted brushes they are 767's. I ran out of F brushes for a while and had to use those till the next batch came in.

EA
Old 05-03-2006, 07:18 AM   #4194
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
EA .....

Thanks,

Kevin Smith
Kevin, I ran mine at SoCal at 6.3 with 767's in it and it was awesome.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:54 AM   #4195
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Jon,

Thanks for the info.....I ran it at 6.7 last night. The track has been the same for a couple of weeks, similar to Tamiya layout. It had tons of rip out of the hole and still had top speed. It got warm , but not hot.

EA,

Should I try the F brushes in it next time....? With the purple/purple springs ?

Thanks....for the supa fast motor...!!!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 12:25 PM   #4196
Tech Addict

Hey guys,

I pulled out a Monstor based motor from Eric that i havent used in a while and too me it seemed just as fast as my CO's . In either case this inspired me to buy an EPIC based can (EA of course) just for comparison and was hoping you guys can provide some feedback on the difference btwn it and the monstor based motors. Should i be gearing it the same? Do they usually run cooler or hotter? Do they usually provide more top end or bottom end. I just need to know just in case i need to gear it different.

Thanks,
JEDI
IslandBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #4197
Tech Elite

Many apoligise Eric
when we had the KD down barham i told Stewart to gear 1-2 teeth more
not 1-2 teeth `LESS` no wonder it went faster by dropping 1 tooth
need to make note here
"" 5.3 c2 ;SHOULD OF BEEN 5.5-5.7 YOU TOOL` ,made my mental note
Old 05-03-2006, 05:38 PM   #4198
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandBwoy
Hey guys,

I pulled out a Monstor based motor from Eric that i havent used in a while and too me it seemed just as fast as my CO's . In either case this inspired me to buy an EPIC based can (EA of course) just for comparison and was hoping you guys can provide some feedback on the difference btwn it and the monstor based motors. Should i be gearing it the same? Do they usually run cooler or hotter? Do they usually provide more top end or bottom end. I just need to know just in case i need to gear it different.

Thanks,
JEDI
Jedi,

You should gear the Roar stock about 1-2 teeth less than a Monster stock to start with. It should run about the same temp as a Monster as well. The Roar Epic stocks provide more RPM with less torque.

EA
Old 05-03-2006, 05:39 PM   #4199
Team EAM

Quote:
Jon,

Thanks for the info.....I ran it at 6.7 last night. The track has been the same for a couple of weeks, similar to Tamiya layout. It had tons of rip out of the hole and still had top speed. It got warm , but not hot.

EA,

Should I try the F brushes in it next time....? With the purple/purple springs ?

Thanks....for the supa fast motor...!!!!!
Hey Kevin,

Yes try the F brushes in it and see what you think. Did you order some with the KD? I cant remember. But this newest batch isnt as soft as the batch before and doesnt wear out nearly as fast. I ran a set in the KD-19 a few weeks ago 6 runs and it still had serrations left and no overheating.

EA
Old 05-03-2006, 05:40 PM   #4200
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Many apoligise Eric
when we had the KD down barham i told Stewart to gear 1-2 teeth more
not 1-2 teeth `LESS` no wonder it went faster by dropping 1 tooth
need to make note here
"" 5.3 c2 ;SHOULD OF BEEN 5.5-5.7 YOU TOOL` ,made my mental note
I read that when you posted a few days ago and figured it was just a mis-type...but I guess now

You will always want to look at the dyno sheets that I provide with them as the KD-19 turns and the C027's seem to vary a lot from motor to motor on RPM...but all have about the same wattage.

EA