R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree10Likes

Old 12-18-2005, 07:10 PM   #3436
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Werner
The Tekin takes it down to .5 correct? IB's are OK past the .9 range if you are going to race them right after using on the tray?

Thanks

Jeff
It takes them down to .7 at 2 amps then down to .5 at a half amp I think. Yes you can take IB's down below .9 as long as you charge them as soon as you take them off the tray. If you store them anytime at all with below .9 they will loose runtime. Even traying them before charging I have lost around 20 seconds from the labels...But the voltage goes way up and IR's go down. I had a pack last night that the labels were 404, 1.203, 1.8AIR. Those were 6 weeks old. Cycle last night at 35 amps came out to 389, 7.30 (as a pack) 10.7 AIR as a pack. Pretty stout!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:19 PM   #3437
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Stevietd14 Send a message via Yahoo to Stevietd14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Discharging them at 30 amps is better for them in my opinion. I would look at the Integy Reactor discharger. It has a 5.4 volt cuttoff and it sells for around 30.00USD. I would NOT put them on a tray after you discharge to 5.4 though. Only tray them right before you charge them just untill the lights go out then straight to the charger.

The new Tekin discharge tray is great!! Been getting 45-4600mah into a packs that are from September.

EA
Are you saying it would be best to discharge them(In my case with a zero-thirty 0-30) right before a charge or right after a run?
Not sure if this would be the correct place but I do have a couple EA packs so I guess this could classify this post for here.
Thanks in advance
Steve
Stevietd14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:20 PM   #3438
Team EAM

ONLY Put them in a tray right BEFORE you charge them. Never after you have discharged them to .9 per cell.

EA
Old 12-18-2005, 07:38 PM   #3439
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevietd14
Are you saying it would be best to discharge them(In my case with a zero-thirty 0-30) right before a charge or right after a run?
Not sure if this would be the correct place but I do have a couple EA packs so I guess this could classify this post for here.
Thanks in advance
Steve
You CAN put them on the ZeroThirty after you run BUT ONLY UNTIL THE LIGHTS GO OUT. After that store them, then before you run those packs again you CAN put them back on the ZeroThirty BUT ONLY FOR A FEW MINUTES, then charge immediately... HTH

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:41 PM   #3440
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee
You CAN put them on the ZeroThirty after you run BUT ONLY UNTIL THE LIGHTS GO OUT. After that store them, then before you run those packs again you CAN put them back on the ZeroThirty BUT ONLY FOR A FEW MINUTES, then charge immediately... HTH
If you do that though once the lights go out you will be at 0volts....And you will use runtime.

EA
Old 12-18-2005, 07:47 PM   #3441
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to crimson eagle

EA,

The Roar stock motor worked well for me this weekend. It was one of the two race motors I relied on. I was running 767's but it was killing me to put new brushes in every run. Anyway, I got TQ and 1st in 12th scale stock A main in the NorthWest Carpet Champs. EJ and I had a great battle in the final.

Thanks,

Chris.
crimson eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 08:13 PM   #3442
Tech Champion

Quote:
If you do that though once the lights go out you will be at 0volts....And you will use runtime.

EA
Eric you actually will not be at 0Volts. The ZeroThirty doesn't discharge like that. It discharges at 30 amps until the lights go out, then your cells are around .90Volts approx.; to get to zero the ZeroThirty discharges at a significantly lower rate UNTIL it reaches zero and holds them there. It takes a good 3-4 hours to reach 0Volts...

Old 12-18-2005, 08:21 PM   #3443
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

It does zero them jaybee, check the link : http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...55105260687.17

i'm pretty sure it does 0 them when the lights go out totally. The discharger doesnt have any smarts and just sucks voltage out of the cells without regard for voltage.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:27 PM   #3444
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee
Eric you actually will not be at 0Volts. The ZeroThirty doesn't discharge like that. It discharges at 30 amps until the lights go out, then your cells are around .90Volts approx.; to get to zero the ZeroThirty discharges at a significantly lower rate UNTIL it reaches zero and holds them there. It takes a good 3-4 hours to reach 0Volts...
I guess yours must be different from mine. Because as soon as the lights go out on mine its at pretty much less than 1.0v for the entire pack. There are no diodes in the tray to stop it from not doing it. And with it discharging at 30 amps there is NO way it can take 3-4 hours to get to zero volts.

EA
Old 12-18-2005, 08:57 PM   #3445
Tech Champion

My BIG mistake guys ... I was getting it mixed up with my INDI Zero 6S which discharges at 6A then drops down to take the packs to 0Volts...Sorry if I screwed anyone up

Old 12-18-2005, 09:59 PM   #3446
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You got PM..

TEAM ASSOCIATED/REEDY(1986-2005)
PROLINE RACING
MPrincip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:09 AM   #3447
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

TTT
Old 12-19-2005, 08:24 AM   #3448
Tech Elite

Well I am a new convert to EA.

I have bought several other tuners motors, some local, some national and was very happy with them. Then I was surfing the for sale section on here and picked up an EA Roar.....WOW.....i checked it on my motor master, which I really only use to measure change, not absolute numbers, but this motor was off the chart compared to the others....

then i put it in my 12th scale!!! My warm up lap people were checking that I didnt have a 19t in

Just put my first order in for a couple on monsters, really looking forward to running them and seeing how they compare.
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:51 PM   #3449
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Discharging them at 30 amps is better for them in my opinion. I would look at the Integy Reactor discharger. It has a 5.4 volt cuttoff and it sells for around 30.00USD. I would NOT put them on a tray after you discharge to 5.4 though. Only tray them right before you charge them just untill the lights go out then straight to the charger.

The new Tekin discharge tray is great!! Been getting 45-4600mah into a packs that are from September.

EA
Cheers Eric,
I'll look into grabbing one of the integy dischargers. On a tight budget at the moment. Hopefully later in the next few months I'll be moving jobs (actually starting my career)... more money burnt on RC :P
Could only just about afford the two packs of IB's this month... but boy were they worth it Deffiently don't want to screw them up by not looking after them properly.

Later
Ed
Old 12-19-2005, 05:54 PM   #3450
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Happy Holidays Eric!!!

Youve been a true asset to the World of RC racing!! Wish your family a Merry Christmas for me!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote