Like Tree78Likes

EAMotorsports discussion thread

Old 11-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GroffBall
I wonder if they have been on backorder with trinity b/c of the new motor coming out
Thats possible....Im sure that there is some re-tooling involved at the plant to change over to the new motors. I am supposed to get monsters shipped to me this week. We are just waiting on the plant to send them over...ITs not Trinity's fault either....Im sure they would love to have stuff to sell!! Afterall they arent making any money right now either!!

EA
Old 11-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Thats possible....Im sure that there is some re-tooling involved at the plant to change over to the new motors. I am supposed to get monsters shipped to me this week. We are just waiting on the plant to send them over...ITs not Trinity's fault either....Im sure they would love to have stuff to sell!! Afterall they arent making any money right now either!!

EA
WORD>.....
Well put in your order for the new stock so we all can have the goodness of your tuning on the new motor...
LOL
-Shookie <><
Old 11-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Afterall they arent making any money right now either!!

EA
i doubt thats true

fingers / pies springs to mind LOL
Old 11-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'll email you as soon as I hear the motors are in, regardless if a new motor is coming out or not all my motors are in the danger zone for comm size. I'll be grabbing a couple battery packs too.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Team EAM

Just wanted to thank and congradulate the EAM Team on a great showing in Cleveland.

Stock TC:
TJ Bradley (motor tuning only)
Jim Herrmann
Stephen Sobottka (motor tuning only)

Masters TC and 12th Scale:
Ray Huang

19 turn sedan:
Keven Hebert (Motor tuning only)
Stephen Sobottka (motor tuning only)

12th Stock:
Jim Herrmann

12th 19 turn:
Aaron Buran

Thanks to the guys that didnt make it to the show but had awesome runs and should have been in. Brian Rice. He had the fastest 12th stock car there....Just no luck.

Also Thanks to everyone who chose to use F brushes in Stock. Excatly 50% of the stock racers chose F brushes to power their motors in the mains.

EA

Last edited by StephenSobottka; 11-28-2005 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Team EAM

Batteries are back in stock on the website as well.

EA
Old 11-29-2005, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

EA,

Brian had a fast car but he wasn't the fastest car there man.

Dayger and firsching both had 12.8's as a matter of fast dayger had a string of them. Not to mention Pulfer had a 12.7 lap in the main. And Toto turned a 12.8 in the heat races...

Pulfer even turned a 12.8 on lap 23...

Come on only FACTS here man LOL

Sorry got nothing better to do when I can't get out of the house with a bum knee LOL
Old 11-29-2005, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Skeen.. i heard you were tryin to give everyone a shot at winnin by blowin out your knee on the driver stand.... get well soon...

Dont feel bad.... EA tried to take the whole stand down at one point by tripping up it and taking the step with him...

tennesee boys musta just got their feet last week
Old 11-29-2005, 07:27 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey EA,

I just wanted to jump in here and say thanks for all the help this weekend. I had everything I needed from you to get the job done. I just came up a little short in the mains. Well next race will be the Novak! I can't wait.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 11-29-2005, 07:53 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
EA,

Brian had a fast car but he wasn't the fastest car there man.

Dayger and firsching both had 12.8's as a matter of fast dayger had a string of them. Not to mention Pulfer had a 12.7 lap in the main. And Toto turned a 12.8 in the heat races...

Pulfer even turned a 12.8 on lap 23...

Come on only FACTS here man LOL

Sorry got nothing better to do when I can't get out of the house with a bum knee LOL
Actually Brian had quite a few 12.8's in the main including lap 20 or so. So he was one of the fastest...

That better knee Cap?

EA
Old 11-29-2005, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

That better knee Cap?

EA

That gets really funny when I immagine you saying it in your voice/accent.

Taker easy or I let YOUR new nickname out on here
Old 11-29-2005, 12:47 PM
drx
Tech Regular

Default EA ROAR Stock won't run........

At least not for long.

Just trued up the comm and put the motor back together with fresh 767's and hood align.

Trying to run-in the motor on my ICE charger at 2.5v it will spin for exactly 2 second and then stop. The charger tells me the the motor is "disconnected" (it's not).

I've looked over the arm, the hood, brushes and anything else I can think of, but no cigar. Motor won't run for more than 2 seconds.

I'm stumped and need the motor.

Any ideas, advice, tips, derisive peals of laughter.........

TIA

</DrX>
Old 11-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Team EAM

How old is the Motor DRX? Has it been hot? Have you tried another machine to break it in with? You can send it in and I will check it out if you have tried the above. For those 2 seconds it the amp draw really high?

EA
Old 11-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by drx
At least not for long.

Just trued up the comm and put the motor back together with fresh 767's and hood align.

Trying to run-in the motor on my ICE charger at 2.5v it will spin for exactly 2 second and then stop. The charger tells me the the motor is "disconnected" (it's not).

I've looked over the arm, the hood, brushes and anything else I can think of, but no cigar. Motor won't run for more than 2 seconds.

I'm stumped and need the motor.

Any ideas, advice, tips, derisive peals of laughter.........

TIA

</DrX>
i can help
i have the ICE charger (very good)

it cut`s out @ 10a fine
run the motor up @ 2.v with new brush & skim there is quite a amp draw before it settles
power it up @ 2v when it starts up press dial to high light the volts icon
turn dial to increase up to 3v (no need to go anymore) asw you do it watch the amp draw
mine @2.5v pulls 8.4 a 767`s, F-lines nearer 9 , xxlemans very close to 10

before you start make sure the motor spins free
friction causes massive amp pull aswell (which you don`t need)
Old 11-29-2005, 02:04 PM
drx
Tech Regular

Hey EA,

The motor isn't quite a year old, but wasn't run much for about 6 months of that time. I'm guessing, But I don't think there's 3 hours run time on this motor.

No, the motor has not gotten too hot. I try to keep a good eye on my gears so I don't burn it up. I don't think it gets much over 175d in a 5 minute run. I gear for about 25.5mm rollout.

It was running strong at the last race.

I'm not sure about the amps - I'll check it when I get home in a couple hours and post that. I seem to recall the amp draw running up over 10a before it cut out. What would you consider a high amp draw for a ROAR Stock that you built? I'll measure the comm diameter too if that helps.

I have 2 Intellipeak ICE chargers and had the same results on both. Tried different volts from 2.0 - 4.0.

For grins I ran an older Epic Binary Outlaw on the ICE and it ran fine.

late

</DrX>

How old is the Motor DRX? Has it been hot? Have you tried another machine to break it in with? You can send it in and I will check it out if you have tried the above. For those 2 seconds it the amp draw really high?

EA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.