R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree37Likes

Old 04-04-2005, 12:15 PM   #1951
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eeyan Send a message via Yahoo to eeyan

EA... YGPM.... thanks!
Old 04-04-2005, 08:36 PM   #1952
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default Need some help!!

Hey Guys,

Im on here asking you all that have ran my motors since I started EAM what setups you have been happiest with? Weather it was the first ones with 767's, the 2nd generation F brush or the new ones I am doing with 767's. I dont race stock here and I am getting mixed reviews from people. I can only get them as good as the dyno says...but we dont race dyno's!!

What do you guys look for on the dyno sheets? What seems to be best on the track? Are you wanting max RPM and max power at the 30 amp load? Or do you look more at the 20-22 amp loads? What Ive found is that I can build the motors two ways. One is have high wattage at the low amp settings (18-22) with lower RPM. Or I can build them with higher RPM and higher wattage at the higher amp loads (28-30). Which would you all prefer?

Im trying to get feedback so I can provide the best motors possible!!

Thanks and if you dont want to post here email me at [email protected]

Thanks for your support and help!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:45 PM   #1953
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigJim14226

Eric,
I have been witness to your motors in action and I have to say....they are very FAST !!!!

I race in Buffalo NY, and Southern Canada and I recently attended the race in St. Catherines ONT. I know a few racers who had used your motors for that race and all where very happy with their performance.

I have not had the opportunity to use one yet, but my friend who is sponsored by you is allowing me to use one this weekend at the Final race at The Gate in Cleveland OH.

I am sure I will be purchasing many a motors for the upcoming asphalt season

keep up the good work
BigJim14226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:45 PM   #1954
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

well, i have not gotten any of the newer 767 builds, but i was doing well with the F-brush motors...

i think the first ones i got were the C2's with 767's, then the group with the 1st gen F's.

i use the #s mainly for gearing purposes, as all of the motors i have gotten have absolutely ripped!!!

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:55 PM   #1955

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Eric- Torque steps, Look for the higher rpm in every step thus making it a stronger motor at a fixed torque level. Easy enough to understand for most guys and is a good baseline.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:03 PM   #1956
Tech Elite

Numbers-numbers--Blah blah blah! Eric, the slowest motor I ever got from you was STILL the fastest stocker I have ever touched. You build them and we will come. Would it make sense to have 2 diff motors? Like one is a torque motor for tight tracks and the other is a rpm motor for the bigger tracks? Dunno--I think Stephen may be right.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:47 PM   #1957
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

You mean we are supposed to be LOOKING at those little scraps of paper in the bag with the motors? OH crap!!

IDGAF what those papers say as long as you tell me it's a decent motor. And I"ve NEVER looked at a dyno sheet to start my gearing. I simply start from a conservative point and see what the car likes.

Anymore questions?
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:03 PM   #1958
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDogRacing
You mean we are supposed to be LOOKING at those little scraps of paper in the bag with the motors? OH crap!!

IDGAF what those papers say as long as you tell me it's a decent motor. And I"ve NEVER looked at a dyno sheet to start my gearing. I simply start from a conservative point and see what the car likes.

Anymore questions?
DITTO !!!!!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:22 PM   #1959
J-P
Tech Regular

personally eric i think the best ive run of your motors was the monster with the f-lines, it just ripped, i've tryed putnams and 767's since and they are both good but i just think that the f-lines are more consistant through a run (power wise and wear).

J-P

P.S when are they f-line's coming back
J-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:38 PM   #1960
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

i go with bigdoggie

since the epic`s have been around for ages 99% of racers have used one in one forn or another so they know generally were to start then go from there
think dyno sheets are a selling point in the LHS ,big numbers must be good reaction

ie 1 of your motors you picked out for me (specials) only had 23k revs but it had 5.1 torque so i geared accordingly, but another had 28k but 4.1 torque

think there`s nothing wrong with the ones you have know
you might be looking at the market trying to get ahead ,
But just do your good tweaking & care that is how you will sell more buying getting every ones trust in your care & attention & quality control

now where`s me motors??? slow coach
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 04:58 AM   #1961
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default New website

Hey Guys...Please do not use my old website for orders...It will be gone very shortly. The new one is very similar and the address is www.teameamotorsports.com

thanks
EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:01 AM   #1962
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71
Default Re: New website

Quote:
Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Guys...Please do not use my old website for orders...It will be gone very shortly. The new one is very similar and the address is www.teameamotorsports.com

thanks
EA
Hey EA, did you get my last message? I got yours and sent you a reply
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:49 AM   #1963
Tech Rookie

Eric, It seems like the first several Monster Stock motors I got from you were faster and stronger than the latest ones. The earlier ones had F-line v1 and v2 brushes. I don't have data to prove it, but the car "seemed" faster in Nashville with the F-lines than with the 767s I am now using. Thanks for asking. Jim Robinson
Cottontop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 06:03 AM   #1964
Tech Adept

Personally I prefer the F-brush and if you are using amp steps on the dyno I like to look at the 28-30 amp number, at least for 6 cell touring car.

Would it be possible to have two sparate part numbers for each motor? Maybe one version tuned more for the 18-20 amp number and the other for 28-30 amp. That way if you are running 4 cell in very light car you could get the 18-20 amp motor and if you are running 6 cell in a heavier motor you could go for the 28-30 amp motor.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to do something like that but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Oh yeah, I agree with Stephen on the dyno stepping, I think torque steps are just easier to compare.
Ozwald Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 06:05 AM   #1965
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr_Utley

I cant tell too much of a difference when my monster or roar is geared right between f-brushes (v1, v2), 767s, or putnam greens. I've been running a combo of 767s and f brush v2 on our sweeping track and its pretty quick that way.

As far as dyno numbers, I dont really know what to look at until I see it on the track. I drive so inconsistent that numbers dont help

(just bring your equipment to Bham - if your coming.......you might just be helping check the new 24 degree amendment)
Mr_Utley is offline   Reply With Quote