R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree24Likes

Old 04-03-2005, 05:07 PM   #1936
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

just a correction....the ROAR has more torque all the way through the powerband (i just checked)

and obviously it has more RPM at the top end.....the same amount of torque on each motor (8....what ever its measured in) there is a 2k rpm difference between the 2 motors if that just made sense....obviously the ROAR had more rpm.

im tired and feel like shit so that probably made no sense what so ever
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:23 PM   #1937
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Thanks EA

hey Ea-I ran your Roar Stocks at the TCS race at The World of Hobbies. I turned the fastest lap in f1 for the weekend and held TQ in f1 for a round. Too bad I got held up a couple times in my best run or maybe-just maybe I could have held it. I couldnt put it together in the third round. But hP was not a problem.

I also had a missle of a GT2 car as well. SO much top end it was insane. I ran the Roar stock with some brushes I got from Eli and I cut the trailing edge. red and red spring.

In F1 I ran 767 brushes full face with a purple + and red negative spring if anyone wants to know.

Thanks again,
Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:37 AM   #1938
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Hey guys,

Would you guys rather the motors I send be dyno'd by Amp steps or Torque steps? Amps steps are what everyone is somewhat familiar with but Torqe steps are more consistant and easier to compair motor to motor to determine the best one.

Let me know your opinions.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:43 AM   #1939

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Torque Steps biatch!
Old 04-04-2005, 09:17 AM   #1940
Tech Adept

Got a question for everyone who tried the v3 F-brush and had bad luck with them. Were you using any comm drops on them?

The reason I ask is this past weekend I used two different motors with these brushes in them and I had absolutely no problem out of either motor (no comm drops were used). After three runs the serrations were still on the brushes and the comms looked fine. I hadn't really tried any until yesterday because of the reports I had been reading but to be honest I kind of liked them. Both motors were very quick too.

Another guy at the race used them and got the same results I did.
Ozwald Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:22 AM   #1941
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Ozwald Bates
Got a question for everyone who tried the v3 F-brush and had bad luck with them. Were you using any comm drops on them?

The reason I ask is this past weekend I used two different motors with these brushes in them and I had absolutely no problem out of either motor (no comm drops were used). After three runs the serrations were still on the brushes and the comms looked fine. I hadn't really tried any until yesterday because of the reports I had been reading but to be honest I kind of liked them. Both motors were very quick too.

Another guy at the race used them and got the same results I did.
What kind of car? if it was a oval pan car or a 12th scale-they last no problems. They only brun up in a Touring car.

I still have some v2 brushes that are very good. Expect a very good brush in V4!!!
Old 04-04-2005, 09:24 AM   #1942
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

mine were all used dry...

sounds like the earlier batch to me. the V3 ones i tried to use wore the serrations off almost during breakin, and ran about 3-4 minutes in the car before stopping all together.

i emailed the guy at Finishline and he was supposed to be sending me some replacements...

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:49 AM   #1943
Tech Adept

It was touring car and they are suppose to be v3's, at least Eric thought they were when I got them from him at the Snowbirds . Next time I see him I'll let him look at them and see if he can tell.

The only other explanation I can think of is our outdoor track is pretty big and has a lot of flowing corners in it, so the car isn't "loaded up" as much as compared to carpet so that may help the brush stay in better condition.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:00 AM   #1944
Tech Champion

Ozwald-it is amp draw and temperature related for sure. I think as long as the motor stays below say 150 degrees they dont seem to burn up. But get to 170 which is easy in on-road and they will not last.
But hey-Finish line is pushing the envelope and trying to produce the highest power brush possible. He just got it a bit too right!!

Last edited by rayhuang; 04-04-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:04 AM   #1945
Tech Adept

I didn't have a temp a gun with me so I'm not sure what temp the motor was up to. I'll try them again this weekend on a smaller track and see what happens. I'll also give them a run in 19turn, that should heat them up plenty good.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:16 AM   #1946
ts
Tech Adept

I was one who used the newer F brush with Ozwald. I got my supply from Eric a couple of weeks ago. One motor had 3 runs in 4cell and 3 runs in 6cell TC. Still had the serations. The other motor had 3 runs in my TC and still had serations. Both still were pulling 8-9 amps at 1.5volts. Comm still looked pretty good. I'll get dyno results tonight to see how much they fell off.
TeamREVTech
ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:46 AM   #1947
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Regarding the problems with the 3rd version of the F-Brush. Is this only with the laydown version or also with the standup/upright?
When was the 3rd version sold first time? What version do you think is a F-Line from January?
Old 04-04-2005, 11:03 AM   #1948
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Last time i ran a motor on 4 cells then switched to 6 it knackered the comm... how do the EAs hold up to this treatment?
Old 04-04-2005, 11:47 AM   #1949
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ozwald,
To quickly answer your question, all the V3 brushes I used were run dry, and all bar one of the others i've seen were dry too.
From what I've seen, the effect was inconsistent, it varied with each motor. Some could manage a run (with reduced power) other stopped after a few laps.
Others worked completely fine.

Going on experience, thats the worst kind of problem, as it makes it hard to pin down exactly whats at fault.

BTW this was all in 27t stock, indoor on a reasonably sized track.

HiH
Ed
Old 04-04-2005, 11:53 AM   #1950
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

EA...I heard you would probably be carrying the PRS spurs 112t and 116? If so, put me down for 2 and tell me where to send the $$.

Thanks,
Blake

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote