R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 08-03-2004, 10:05 PM   #181
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Eric-also-a fun fact-my dyno runs that still looked great-were after a run on the track and the motors were still warm-that means for those who dont dyno-if they were unrun and cold-the numbers would have been even better.

I am way too tired to un load my car and get out the dyno sheets-but maybe tomorrow.

Of course-Eric-call me tomorrow at work.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:08 PM   #182
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Will do Ray. Thanks again for the feedback. Ill call you tomorrow

To others please post your feedback as well...good or bad. If something is wrong let me know so I can try to fix it and keep everyone happy!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:16 PM   #183
Tech Champion

Jon-Our track is a bifg indoor Carpet track that can be as large as 90 x 50 I think. The current layout is very techincal and they only used mayb -I dont know-70' of the stright? But I rolled the MOnster out between 0.900 to 0.935" and I tried 0.868" and 0.900" on the ROAR stock and it felt overgeared at 0.900-but boy oh boy did it have top end-wow!! Next I will go one tooth less than the 0.868 and see how it goes. You should hear that motor on the track with a XRay belt system.

Quote:
Originally posted by jdwca
Ray, can you give us the rollout you used on Eric's Monsters as well as the new ROAR stock? And what type of track were you running it on.

Thanks.

BTW, I'll confirm Ray's dyno results: Tag ran them on his dyno and the things were ripping compared to the 18 other new stockers he's gotten recently (from probably *every* tuner and brand).

-jon
Old 08-03-2004, 10:17 PM   #184
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Shewwwwwwwwww....Thats my first feedback from actual track testing on my motors since I started last monday....I guess I can go off of suicide watch now....I think Ive got ulcers from worrying so much this past week about what everyone was going to think!! I might be able to sleep tonight now!! Thank you Ray!!

Hopefully this is just the start. But from the feedback Ive had so far its going well. I owe alot of that to this forum here. Shane if you read this I hope you keep up the work here. Best advertising on the net!!

EA
Don"t worry Eric "WE" love you no matter what..
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 01:22 PM   #185
Tech Champion

Heres CE turbo data from one EA MOnster (M) and one EA Roar Stock (RS) motor @ 7v. Dyno pulls were both on warm motors.

(M) 129 max watts, 30,536 rpm and 9.1 torque at 19,176 prpm

(RS) 130 max watts, 33,091 rpm and 9.0 torque at 19,525 rpm

As you can see-the RS has pretty much all the same numbers, but it makes it max torque at a higher rpm and a lot more rpm!!

Hope this helps eric,
Ray
Old 08-04-2004, 01:36 PM   #186
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

So, Ray, can you give me just a little more subjective feel for how each respective motor felt on the track. I'm actually going to practice with 'em on Saturday and I'd love a little more heads up.

-jon
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 01:47 PM   #187
Tech Champion

jdwca-Well-I am no expert-but I would say to gear a ROAR stock at least two teeth less than the Monster if its got RPM like that one does. I might even try three teeth less. I am not used to gearing high RPM motors so I always over gear them. I've been running MOnsters for a long timeso I just am used to them. The RS felt flatter in the infield to me, but man did it fly on the short back straight. I just need to get my head out of me arse and take the teeth off!!!

Ray
Old 08-04-2004, 04:29 PM   #188
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Eric - Got the motors today. The dyno sheets looks really good !! More info that I probably need in addition to the rpm's/effic iency. Gonna race em this Sat at an ORL race in Pennsylvania. Judging from this thread I will probably be seeing a few of these EA motors at this race. Thanks again.
RcMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 04:41 PM   #189
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

EA-Call my cell....it's about the Nats...

later,
Mike A
Old 08-04-2004, 07:52 PM   #190
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
jdwca-Well-I am no expert-but I would say to gear a ROAR stock at least two teeth less than the Monster if its got RPM like that one does. I might even try three teeth less. I am not used to gearing high RPM motors so I always over gear them. I've been running MOnsters for a long timeso I just am used to them. The RS felt flatter in the infield to me, but man did it fly on the short back straight. I just need to get my head out of me arse and take the teeth off!!!

Ray
Thanks for the heads-up, Ray. I'm really looking forward to trying out the motors on Saturday.

-jon
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:20 PM   #191
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Thumbs up

MY results, I tried my new motors today at West Chester PA a track ive never been to and heres what I found,
My epic roar motor geared 3 teeth lower than I normally run in stock was real smooth good punch not quite as much as a monster but close and top end was def. more than a monster.My motor temps ran 170deg. The times top drivers ran at this track last week were 14.44 in mod I ran a 15.22 with a stock motor and the track was a mess very loose and sandy so I figure when the track is clean no problem running 14 sec laps.
On my return trip home I stopped at my local track to try my EA monster and heres what I felt,There was no way for me to get lap times but Ive got enough time there to know what Im looking for. My monster right out the hole had tuns of torque good straightaway speed and was real eff. making a solid 5 min run without power fade.In all the best stock motors I ever had.
Those looking to buy these motors please under stand the savings your getting when you buy these motors is huge, Eric dosnt charge near enough for the time and talent put into these motors.2 thumbs up Eric

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:37 PM   #192
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Eric, give me a ring tommorow around lunch

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:44 PM   #193
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Thanks for the update John... Glad they worked well. Hopefully they will run well this weekend as well...Sounds like your car is pretty dialed too!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 12:13 AM   #194
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Hi Eric
Bet you did`nt expect a call on your cell,from the uk?
It was nice to speak to you, It looks like you are going to be even more popular guy now
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:40 AM   #195
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Eric, your the man! I appreciate you working on those motors for me, they were baliztic to begin with, now with all these guys talking about how fast you can make em' I can't wait to get em back and run em'

L8R, TK