R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2005, 06:54 PM   #1891
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,927
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Hey guys no problem chatting here....As long as you all are helping answer questions everynow and then!! LOL

767 brushes are in stock finally and MONSTERS are in stock too!!

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 01:24 AM   #1892
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,223
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

sorry to hijack the thread again, but paul try running a number of programs to fix it.

Adaware SE
Spybot search and destroy
Hijack This (be ware of this one though, you'll need to do some web searching to get em figured)

Run thoose three, and you'll get rid of all your spyware/pop-ups, believe me.

And for an EA comment..... hmmm

The motors Rock

Regards
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 02:25 AM   #1893
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Update on my "wierd" problem ....nothing appears to be "stuck" in the com or anything and it does freely turn (the com that is) ...so I guess "shorted com"??? ...whattayaguys thik?
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 02:42 AM   #1894
Tech Master
 
raving-monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: yorkshire, england.
Posts: 1,820
Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TryHard
sorry to hijack the thread again, but paul try running a number of programs to fix it.

Adaware SE
Spybot search and destroy
Hijack This (be ware of this one though, you'll need to do some web searching to get em figured)

Run thoose three, and you'll get rid of all your spyware/pop-ups, believe me.

And for an EA comment..... hmmm

The motors Rock

Regards
Ed
i second that, i have adaware SE and spybot S&D and since i ran them both for the first time my computer has actually started to load things quicker etc...one good thing about sybot S&D is once its found then you can "immunize" your computer so it can't be infeccted with that type of spyware again.

oh and Paul...i must say, that new track on VRC is one hell of a track .....doesn't take much to be quick on it though (about the 5th 5 min run i was getting low 18's with the odd high 17 when the top guys were getting mid 17's) but its a nice track to drive..one-way definatley i think.
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:03 AM   #1895
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: England
Posts: 94
Default

Hey Guys,

Ive only just got TIR Sponsorship as well and am racing for there B team. I know a few other people who have got C team drives with them. I here Adam Rogers is running as there A Team.

Hey colin, i just got the motor and stickers from you. I wish EA would put stickers on the other side of the can, the way my cars wired its hard to even see the EA label on the can. You think you could get hold of some motor labels?? The motor sounds real good and i havent done my usual tweaks and setup on it yet.
Considering the other one you gave me wasnt even picked out but the last one left and it was that quick i am hopeful.

Well done EA, i see this latest armature is drill balanced, is it balanced from trinity or by you? I was wondering because none of the other EAs that i have seen have been balanced. Also its got Flines in it. Was wondering what generation they were? I will go to my usual Putnams anyway but just wondered becuase i ran it in and it didnt nuke the comm at all.
Also what sorta numbers come off the best monsters that you dyno, i really want some pace at the stock Nationals and KO GP. Considering i came 5th at the KO and made A finals at nationals last year i am hoping to be very close to the front. If you come accross any scary motors, please think of me and send it colins way, pretty please.

Rob Miller

--------------------------------------------------------------

C-Sracing TIR Racing
Robz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:04 AM   #1896
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,223
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

quickly skipping back to chargers,
What do you reckon would be a better bet

LRP Comp2
Or
Duratrax ICE
??

MY pulsr sport has blown a FET for the second time, so i'm not to please with LRP's reliability at the mo. However I do like the way they perform (NEVER had a false peak with it), plus its a bit more of a known quantity.
I think I'm gonna get it repaired/replaced, then sell it and upgrade.
I've been hearing very good things about the Duratrax (plus it does step charging), so it comes down to these two.
Or a Much more charger.... hmmm


Regards
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:11 AM   #1897
Tech Master
 
raving-monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: yorkshire, england.
Posts: 1,820
Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey
Default

i had my eye on the duratrax ice before i got the advantage..seems a nice charger especially for what it costs.

to be honest, i'd get the pulsar2 but i don't think there is much to choose from between the 2 apart from one has step charge and one hasn't.....has duratrax got the customer service like LRP (life time warranty etc)

on the other hand....i just got a novak smart tray and my batteires are the wrong way.....damn you americans making dodgey equalisers hehe j/k
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:14 AM   #1898
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,223
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

thats what i'm thinking about.
Personally despite the charger blowing up more times than wanted (2), I've never had a problem with the customer service at Helgar, which is a plus.
I guess it boils down to who imports the Duratrax products over here.

Oh by the way,
Any suggestions on springs for 4499's in a monster and ROAR? same as the 767's?

I have some spare 4499's i want to try out I'll compare the two types this weekend at coastal, just want to spring them up properly.

EDIT - Just checked, it's Centre Point who do Duratrax in the UK....hmmm

Regards
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |

Last edited by TryHard; 03-31-2005 at 04:35 AM.
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:20 AM   #1899
Tech Master
 
raving-monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: yorkshire, england.
Posts: 1,820
Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey
Default

i was pretty sure it was helgar that do duratrax to but i'm not 100% sure..could be ripmax (which are terrible for customer service)
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:32 AM   #1900
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,927
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HarshGuy
Update on my "wierd" problem ....nothing appears to be "stuck" in the com or anything and it does freely turn (the com that is) ...so I guess "shorted com"??? ...whattayaguys thik?
Was that a new motor that you got from me? If so whats it doing exactly? If you cant figure it out send it back in and I'll look at it for you.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:35 AM   #1901
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,927
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Robz
Hey Guys,

Ive only just got TIR Sponsorship as well and am racing for there B team. I know a few other people who have got C team drives with them. I here Adam Rogers is running as there A Team.

Hey colin, i just got the motor and stickers from you. I wish EA would put stickers on the other side of the can, the way my cars wired its hard to even see the EA label on the can. You think you could get hold of some motor labels?? The motor sounds real good and i havent done my usual tweaks and setup on it yet.
Considering the other one you gave me wasnt even picked out but the last one left and it was that quick i am hopeful.

Well done EA, i see this latest armature is drill balanced, is it balanced from trinity or by you? I was wondering because none of the other EAs that i have seen have been balanced. Also its got Flines in it. Was wondering what generation they were? I will go to my usual Putnams anyway but just wondered becuase i ran it in and it didnt nuke the comm at all.
Also what sorta numbers come off the best monsters that you dyno, i really want some pace at the stock Nationals and KO GP. Considering i came 5th at the KO and made A finals at nationals last year i am hoping to be very close to the front. If you come accross any scary motors, please think of me and send it colins way, pretty please.

Rob Miller

--------------------------------------------------------------

C-Sracing TIR Racing
Hey Rob,

I can send Colin some motor labels in his order that is going out on Monday for you.

Check your PM's as well.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:19 AM   #1902
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default

i`m going to start a `ask c-sracing` thread for the uk racers so they can clutter up my thread not EA`s
what do you think???
it`s been cleared with futurereal
__________________
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:25 AM   #1903
Tech Master
 
raving-monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: yorkshire, england.
Posts: 1,820
Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey
Default

go for it

or could be called "ask the mad english man"
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:25 AM   #1904
J-P
Tech Regular
 
J-P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London U.K.
Posts: 291
Default

lets get it started colin
J-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 06:44 AM   #1905
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Was that a new motor that you got from me? If so whats it doing exactly? If you cant figure it out send it back in and I'll look at it for you.

EA
It was one of the binaries, when I break it in it "reboots" my CE GFX, I've tried as low as .5 volts, I was able to see a message at that low voltage "to much voltage? or "voltage to high" or something like that. At first I thought it was the F brushes so I put 767's in it, same thing, the 3 monstores (with 767's now) and the other binary don't have that issue. Other people suggested looking and making sure nothing was stuck inside and that the com spun freely etc..
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spektrum DX3R Discussion Thread MadRacer Radio and Electronics 2014 07-15-2016 09:29 AM
2005 RCX Discussion Thread wizard9x Electric On-Road 2 11-11-2009 05:49 AM
GSRacing discussion thread Panic Singapore R/C Racers 118 12-31-2007 09:34 AM
RRR Discussion Thread tornado Malaysian R/C Racers 84 09-06-2005 07:05 AM
Come Join the IRT + Discussion Thread Cmotif International Racing Team 20 05-01-2004 10:48 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:26 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net