Like Tree78Likes

EAMotorsports discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by berger
Not racing this weekend Ed?
I went to Ashby last sunday so i can get some idea about driving outdoors there.
If you get sponsored by TIR then you cant do 27T stock in TORC
Yup I'm racing, just not TORC

Don't matter too much, I've done the calculations, and I'll still be competing in enough necessary rounds to compete in the championship. I think it's 8 from 13 to count (or 16 results from 26 to be exact).

What gearing did you use for ashby? I take it you ran the ROAR?
It's a bit daft, I'm actually a member of AWMMC, but i still haven't run on the outdoor track yet....
Old 03-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Matt, You were at Hali on sunday werent you?
Were you the 2nd Neon Yellow car running out there?

Karl, i think we'll all be nicking each others pinions!
I have a 30t btw, kidnapped it off Adam and ran it on a 12x2 at Halifax!!

I ran 36mpr at Ashby the weekend Karl is refering to, they suggested it was overgeared, but personally i think there was room for more, and i definately wasnt the fastest down the straight some were still pulling as mine was coming to an end.

Paul
Old 03-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

sure was me (mine was the one not covered in stickers )

what was wrong with your car Paul? seemed to be sat on your bench all day but never ran

you was at batley the sautrday before to weren't you?
Old 03-30-2005, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

lol, yeah i spent most of that day and Saturday sat on my arse!
Saturday it was just too wet, similar to Monday but with small light showers meaning there was always standing water on the track.
We then headed to Batley seeing as we'd come down and that clubs only down the road, first time out with the FK05 and it didnt seem too bad (could have been better with a ball diff in there though).

For Sunday, i'd read the night before it was going to be raining all day, so i wasnt planning on taking anything down there, but Adam said bring it along and work on it anyway, sadly i brought everything but my 27FM xtals, that'll teach me for buying american radio gear!

My bodyshell...
http://www.spazstix.co.uk/gallery/al...1/mazda6_2.jpg
Old 03-30-2005, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

yeah i like that shell...do you paint them for customers?

thing with batley is, there is so little grip..even with foams that a one-way is just to much for it....i found a spool to work well around there though.

i also looked on met office site for weather about monday and it said just cloudy (no mention of rain) but it was still wet..got better as the day went on though.

you know mike delaney don't you? no particular reason why i asked..just thought i would
Old 03-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by PaulC2K
I ran 36mpr at Ashby the weekend Karl is refering to, they suggested it was overgeared, but personally i think there was room for more, and i definately wasnt the fastest down the straight some were still pulling as mine was coming to an end.

Paul
Still kicked your ass at Ashby thanks to some crappy decisions about what final someone from 19T should go in! I ran 33m/rev with a normal monster and Stes car had a tiny bit more at the end of the straight than mine but im guessing he zapped his recently.
Oh and get on MSN

Edit, Sundays forcast is for sunshine with cloudy bits and 16C max 7C min from the met office, and no rain apart from today.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

i take it you lot are off down to ashby this sunday?

if so i might try and get my add to take me down (depends if hes on call or not (some dodgey work thing hes gotta do)..what classes do they run?
Old 03-30-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Stafford, its the first round of TORC.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

oh right....is it pre book only?

edit; typo
Old 03-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Yes.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

ok..well thats that idea out of the window might see if i can get over to halifax for some practise if the weather permits
Old 03-30-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Default Is this UK race track thread?

All you blokes are doing a bit of the UK chat, Say What!
Thought this was the EA Thread?
Old 03-30-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

lol, suppose.....we better let Ea have his thread back

hey atleast them lot have gone to bed (i think ) so they can't hijack it anymore
Old 03-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Nah, this ones still up

I used to paint on request, now ive decided to go with 'do what you want, when you want, and if people want to buy it, fine' type of approach, they'll be going onto the SpazStix.co.uk site once i program that area into the site.
Just 75% through what im running on Sunday as the shells i've got one of my painters doing for me wont be ready by then, so ive had a go at the same design just a little simpler and poorer hehe.

Sunday is TORC 1st round @ Stafford, fully booked though. Both me and Karl are running the EA motors (theres the EA comment for Max ) and br00ds also in the stock class.
Was hoping to go to Hali on Sat, but Utd are at home to... Blackburn, so no go, too far to go and then come back in time to go to the game.

Karl:
MSN, and anything else thats online is being a REAL pain in the ass atm, ive got a feeling its half a dozen spyware/virus related stuff as when ive jumped onto the other machine to print something off, its been fine. Just got my main email account accessable in Outlook (other varieties on the domain worked though), all Tuesdays and Wednesdays emails flood in, thankfully its not a SSUK mailbox.
VRC wont load up, dunno how long thats been so, so ive bought the new track last week and still not tried it

Right, EA & co can have there thread back now
Old 03-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

All those dodgy sites you go on Paul Just get the computer formatted and reinstalled, only a couple of hours job!

Had fun getting bearings into my blooming monster today, ended up with a huge hammer giving it little taps trying to get the one in the bottom of the can to go in. Wasnt having it though It did go in eventually after lots of swearing and hitting my hand once.
Theres a bit more play than there was with brushings, which way will i want to shim it, with the stacks more towards the endbell or the other way around?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.