Like Tree78Likes

EAMotorsports discussion thread

Old 03-15-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Well I'm off to pick up Butter form the airport. I hope he's rerady for the cold weather up here. I'll be running EA batteries and donating the services of my TD45 so Butter and Mo can build all of the EA drivers some major ponies. Hopefully in a few days EA can boast about another championship.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Lay It Down EA Boys!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Just an update. Butter and Dobbs are here in CT. Their filght arived on time and everything went smooth, well almost everything. Butter's luggage with his clothes got sent to another state. His gear arrived fine. I'm glad that I'm pitting far enough away from him so I wont have to deal with the smell . We spoke to Mo an our way to the hotel. He was about 4 hours away and should have arived around 3:00 Wensday morning. I'm about to head to the track so I will post an update for everyone when I get home from practice tonight. Man I love living 10 min. away from the host track .
Old 03-16-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

pics from final round of BIWS are up on mirage's site followed by the final results

here is a link

http://www.mirageracing.com/news.php?article=141

Ed did A LOT better than me but hey, i learned A LOT by doing stock down there and my driving has improved by a fair bit i think...i have also learnt a lot about motors and i am looking foward to doing it next time
Old 03-16-2005, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks like you improved over the rounds anyway matt. Ill see if i can get entered for next year. First round of TORC isnt far off for me, and ive had no practice at all outside on a big track or on tarmac with the barracuda yet. And little with my xray.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

but when are we gonna get rob sponsered?
Old 03-16-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

you doing any BRCA nats berger?

i was going to try and do some of the TORC rounds but doing 6 BRCA rounds (4 stock 2 mod) money is gonna be tight in the summer
Old 03-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

suppose you guy`s have heard about the f-lines (bad batch)

EA is working hard to rectify this as we type

rool on west london(stcc) on sunday going to use the X-ray XRC chassis for the first time, that will be intresting

EA stuff is due very soon with monsters & 19t onboard
Old 03-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by DOTMAN
I ran 19T yesterday using the F Brush in my Reedy quad for the first time and I have to say WOW!...the car had serious ponies.
I ran with DOTMAN in 19t last Sunday and yes... did use the 'F' brushes too for the first time... noticed a significant increase in powerband with the stock reedy springs(silver spec) bent at 180 degrees (produced more torque). I finished 1st and, Dotman in close 2nd in our main which would have put us in the top 5 in the 'A' easily. Unfortunately, lap traffic during qualifying killed our chances and we settled to play in the B. But all good, as we know these brushes are very capable!
Old 03-16-2005, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by raving-monkey
you doing any BRCA nats berger?

i was going to try and do some of the TORC rounds but doing 6 BRCA rounds (4 stock 2 mod) money is gonna be tight in the summer
Ive booked in for 11 rounds of TORC stock so i doubt i can afford it. Might try a few mid summer but buying tyres is going to be killer
Old 03-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, i'm really chuffed with my final results in the BIWS. 17th o/a (by literally a point from 18th! Both on 313, my best result was one place higher!)
My aim at the start of the champs were simple, make the b-final (achieved in the final round), and finish top 20 overall... also acheived, all in all very pleased.

Also, deffiently felt like i was improving too, hopefully over the next few weeks i'm gonna get some more practise in, and get even better. First up for me is the first ashby TORC round on the 17th april. I think i'll have my ROAR in for that

Colin, I'll get in contact with you when I get back home, I'll take some more brushes off you (both types, want to try out the slots again). You going to be going to maritime on a thursday at any point?
If so I'll catch you there. (fingers crossed I may even have my 12th by then )

Thanks to EA and Colin for providing the awesome motive power, bring on the outdoor season.

Later
Ed
Old 03-16-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by MR JOLLY
suppose you guy`s have heard about the f-lines (bad batch)

EA is working hard to rectify this as we type
Eric and Colin, was it deffiently a bad batch? Have you been having the problems i had at the weekend?
Old 03-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by berger
Ive booked in for 11 rounds of TORC stock so i doubt i can afford it. Might try a few mid summer but buying tyres is going to be killer
Which ones you booked in for?
I'm in for all Ashby, all Broxtowe, all Bedworth and (when I get round to sending the cheque off) all stafford.
Guess I'll see ya there.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

I didn't know there was a bad batch....what was up with the brushes?

I might need to get some more brushes pretty soon to....haven't got any left (well just replaced the old ones in my stock motors so don't have any spare)

I will talk to you about that later.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

edd

they changed the compound around snowbirds time
also to many racers are having very similier problems including me

to much silver has been put in
so no more F-lines till i am happy with them

the motors went like stink with the 767`s in in the first place ,EA will be going back to 767`s till the compound been sorted

this is very sensitive already some guys on racechat are slagging off the F-lines cos they don`t work & yet they have been notifyied of this problem, can`t bloody win

symptons are
1 run ,lots of sparks. serrations wear with in 20secs on a motor run in (ie;;lrp pulsar), just pants basically

i know the brushe`s work , so they are very near or did have it ,then lost it
hell Andy East was going to use then this weekend (bit dissapointed),

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.