R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 03-12-2005, 02:10 PM   #1696
Tech Apprentice

Hey Colin, wonder if your refering to me as being 1 in 6 that still stand by putnams. I will try the f-lines again though, need to get couple more pairs after supplying Dom and others with them at carpetwars. Im going to west london tomorow and not 'the wars'. Sorry i cant make it but Kev says we should all go to West London as the first national is only a month away and ive only had 1 meeting outside with my new car! Need to get it sorted so putting in a 10x1, that will make me learn quick and hopefully show up setup faults!! Just a tip bout the motor tuning, if youre going to run putnams then i would advising using same spring tension both sides. The whole point of the polarized brush is so that the negative is slightly harder. I was running Putnams with 1mm hole and grn/grn combo at last carpetwars. It was very fast but needed a car that could carry alot of cornerspeed as it lacked torque because of the hole and light spring. If i was running f-lines i would again use the hole but use red/grn springs.

Rob

C-SRacing
EA Motors
Robz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 03:25 PM   #1697
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by MR JOLLY
tryhard. that`s nothing
i have in my hand 2 roars brand new 1 with red/purple the other with grn/red
that`s hand tuning seperate motors for you

give the red/purple a try never know other wise
Ok, I'll give it a run tomorrow, inbetween trying the different brushes..... hehehe.
I assume purple on the negative?

Later
Ed
Old 03-12-2005, 04:30 PM   #1698
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by MR JOLLY
tryhard. that`s nothing
i have in my hand 2 roars brand new 1 with red/purple the other with grn/red
that`s hand tuning seperate motors for you

give the red/purple a try never know other wise
When you guys say red/purple and grn/red, are you putting the lighter spring on the positive?
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 10:01 PM   #1699
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Default RE;;springs

harder spring always on the positive
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 02:56 AM   #1700
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by DOTMAN
When you guys say red/purple and grn/red, are you putting the lighter spring on the positive?
dont help this guy. he's too fast! im always chasing him.

hi oliver!
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 09:40 AM   #1701
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

just got back from BIWS and sort of good and sort of not good.

after first round of Q i was 27th (7th in C or something) which i was happy with, 2nd round of Q i improved but not that good and i got shunted down to 35th or round about there.....3rd round of Q was a bit better (32nd or something) but the last round of Q if why i am kicking my self....i did 20 laps in 5:00.3...i rolled it on one lap and that cost me the extra lap, if i had got that extra lap i would of got shunted up to around 27th....where was i qualifed 1st in the D which i'm alright with.

but in the final i got away quickly and i have the racing line (i clearly had it) but 2nd place thought he would try and take it and went straight into the side of me flipping me on my roof..after getting knocked by the rest of the field while marshalls were trying to get my car i ended up 2nd to last, 3/4s of a lap from 1st....as you may know its hard to make time up in stock, i only managed to get upto 5th (from 9th) but nevermind....its all practise and i am fairly pleased with the result.

Ed was in the B if i remember correctly so hopefully he had a better time in the final.
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:40 PM   #1702
J-P
Tech Regular

hey guys

run at west london, qualified 14th in a really good field of stock drivers, some practicing for the stcc meeting next week, i was quite happy with that, run the roar through out qualifing and first final and it was quick but i still think its slightly over geared but i know were i to go with that now . in the final run used the monster on the same ratio and it flew but i put in my worst drive of the day, but im really getting grips with these EA motors

keep up the good work eric

and colin thanks for the info on the gearing side of things im slowly getting it now

J-P
J-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 01:18 PM   #1703
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey
Default Re: RE;;springs

oops, im dumb..i posted a PM here instead of actually PMing lol
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 01:46 PM   #1704
Tech Adept

Thanks to Colin and Simon at C-S racing, for bringing in EA Motors. These motors have helped me qualify 7th and finish 3rd in A final today at Carpetwars and 6th overall at the end of the Championship.

Thanks Guys , I'll be sticking with Putnams

Cheers AdyB
adyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 03:43 PM   #1705
Tech Champion

Anyway, Yup to what mate said.
I ended up qualyfying 9th in the B, finished 8th in the final... so by far my best BIWS round this year Deffiently felt like i could have been higher though, there was some truely shocking driving at the start of the final.

Still played around with brushes and springs today.
At the moment, I have to say I'm personally not convineced about running with the slot in the brush. I started the day off with the full face, and played around with the springs, doing what colin suggested (purple/red, in a ROAR), and it was ripping along nicely. changed to the slotted brush, and I just seemed to miss something from the top end of the motor. I even dropped back to red / red in the final to find some more speed, work to an extent, just was still lacking a little.
This was also commented on by another guy who was running the slotted brushes as well. He too switched from the full-face to slotted during the day.

Actually my best time was set in the 2nd round, before I switched to the slotted brushes, and in that one I was only 1 sec off a certain mr j.madison.... rather chuffed with that (although admitidly, he hadn't improved over his round 1 time, whereas I went a lap faster...)

One other thing that cropped up during the day (and this is interesting and slightly worrying for me) was that for a while I thought that there might have been a bad batch of brushes going round... 3 people manged to eat a pair in 1 run! However, I think I've now narrowed it down to bad spring combos (despite advising them to go red/green for monsters), I had one guy having green / red !!! opps

I'm gonna need another spring kit off you colin, oh and yet more F-lines.... those 8 pairs I had, well, are no-more!
People just can't seem to get enough of them.

Oh and some good news, Darren Ford placed 1st in the Stock A, and took the BIWS stock title today, and he was running the F-lines (full face ones BTW)

Still, overall a good day, finally managed to hit my target of a b-final place... car was awesome, motor was awesome, batts were awesome...hey, even the driver was decent today

Oh and colin, I expect I'll see you in two weeks or so, if your going to maritime on thursdays at the mo, got the uni easter hols coming up so i'm back dooon south for 4 weeks.

Right, bring on the TORC series... oh and my new 1:12th!

Later
Ed
Old 03-13-2005, 03:49 PM   #1706
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Ed,

Thanks for the racing update. Strange that you could tell that big of a difference between full face and slotted. Next batch I send over for Colin I will send them full face and see how those work. Granted its very good to hear from you guys that are racing stock every week because I dont race it so the only thing I really get to go off of now is the dyno. And we all know we dont race dyno's But with some feedback from you guys here it allows me to learn from what you all tell me. Hopefully I can apply this and make the next batch even better for you all.

Thanks!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 04:03 PM   #1707
Tech Champion

Yeah, i was suprised i could tell the difference. I originally thought it might have been to do with running the harder spring on the positive, maybe somehow squeezing the brush too much....I don't know, but the motor just really didn't seem as strong with the slots in.
For example, in my 2nd Q round, I was very very fast down the straight, really ripping by pretty much everone bar jimmy...
After that I was struggling to keep up...
In the final it was quite pronounced, kept one guy behind, despite him being faster down the straight, I was just quicker through the turns... good battle that, till i glitched on the straight..bugger.
Still, my veiws were reinforced by my mate rob, whos a much better driver than i am, we had a little discussion on it after racing, and seem to come to the same conclusion. It's not that there bad brushes, jut they don't seem to quite have the same top end.

Anyway, glad I can be of help eric, don't worry, I'm sticking with your stuff for the coming season (through colin of course), it's served me mighty well so far (and i'm learning shed loads on the trackside tuning myself...never thought I'd be tuning my motor myself, or having people coming up and asking me to do theirs too!!!!)

Later
Ed
Old 03-13-2005, 04:07 PM   #1708
Tech Champion

oh the dreaded double post...!

Last edited by TryHard; 03-13-2005 at 05:05 PM.
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 04:14 PM   #1709
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Hey TRYHARD

Watched your final. yes there was some shocking driving, i heard you making your feelings heard on the drivers stand. heres a pic of your car at the start of the final btw :P

I also spotted this guy in your heat, he was real quick... watch out for him in the future.

Old 03-13-2005, 05:08 PM   #1710
Tech Champion

I take it thats from the grid? TBH i thought my start was quite good, then a lot of oher people decided that driving through rather than round was a better idea....

And that looks suspeciously like a My Little Poney...hmmm

hehe, saw thoose team shells in action, looked good, although I'm sure i saw one of your lot dumping at some point during the day

And eric, your stickers are on there, I just do't have any larger ones to put down the sides

Don't worry my Kyosho Dodge 3.0 will have them on (work that one out )

Later
Ed