Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Surge Worldwide

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

what happens when only 1 cell false peaks? your other 5 cells will drop in voltage as you wait for that one cell to peak. It's an awesome Idea but I definitely want to see ALOT more before I would ever consider it.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ghuber
I would think a charger capable of single cell charging would be far superior to a charger capable of a charging a pack as a whole.. A pack with every cell perfectly charged vs a pack unequally charged based upon total voltage drop across all cells. Hmm....

I wonder if it has any cycling features... Is it time to sell the GFX?
sell it
Old 01-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
what happens when only 1 cell false peaks? your other 5 cells will drop in voltage as you wait for that one cell to peak. It's an awesome Idea but I definitely want to see ALOT more before I would ever consider it.
they thought about everything..
Old 01-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bob it seems to me there are seperate charge circuits for each cell... So if one cell false peaks, the other five continue to charge uninterrupted.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Right I understand that.
What is your goal everytime you put a race pack on the charger?
To have the perfect peak...ie pull your pack off the charger just as it peaks and then put your car on the track.

The longer you leave that pack sit the lower the mean voltage is going to be. So if 5 cells charge up normal but 1 cell false peaks after 4 minutes (or whatever time). You catch it after the other 5 cells are done so you start the 6th cell charging again....what do you think is going to happen to the first 5 cells...they are going to sit there and their mean voltage is going to drop.

Does that make more sense?
Old 01-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Right I understand that.
To have the perfect peak...ie pull your pack off the charger just as it peaks and then put your car on the track.

The longer you leave that pack sit the lower the mean voltage is going to be. So if 5 cells charge up normal but 1 cell false peaks after 4 minutes (or whatever time). You catch it after the other 5 cells are done so you start the 6th cell charging again....what do you think is going to happen to the first 5 cells...they are going to sit there and their mean voltage is going to drop.

Yeah, I gotcha now, good point.

I'm still very interested in hearing about someones result with this charger. I really like the concept and think it has a lot of potential.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Once again, Big Congrats goes out to Hootie and Mike Haynes for making the Show at the Magma Race up North. Great showing Guys!!......... You were highly missed at the Jam in CT.

Hope to see you guys at the next show coming up at SSH. Feb. 4th

For more info for other Surge drivers, (you too Gary!!) of our upcoming Trophy Event, check out: www.southshorehobby.com

Hope to see you all soon!
Old 01-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Gary- Do we have any 4499 brushes in stock? I ordered some and was just wondering. I also need some stickers for my new bodies. Thanks Gary.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Snowbird's Battery Order

Hi Gary,

I just wanted to check and see if you have had a chance to ship my order. Let me know.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 02-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

hay gary just wanted you to know one of my drivers got 2 of your packs

and told me they were best he ever had , good job my friend

got the new packs today numbers look good

thanks

grasshopper out
Old 02-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Right I understand that.

not to me it dont .step charge is the way i think, also if it false peaks
after 4min take them off the charger and slap them on a try for 3 min

then charge them a 8 v, for 10 mins 7vs 10 mins,then 6vs rest of it charge
so is the pack sits you still have that fist charge at the end of the race
it works good they dont drop as fast,they hold a more volts. it hard to time your race

Last edited by motorhead; 02-01-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Gary- Let me know if you got the brushes in yet (4499's). Just let me know. Thanks Gary.

Good Luck to all the Surge Boys going to the Birds. Have fun guys.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Doug -- Still waiting...

Just to let you guys know, Surge will be carrying the new HOT Trinity CO27t motor, as well as the KD19t when they are released.

For the time being, we have chosen not to pickup the Integy KOS line of motors.

Thanks...
Old 02-07-2006, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

IB's are *smokin* on the Much More CTX charge, first stage 8.5A second stage .02A third stage 8.5A and the pack peak detects (.01) before it hits 38C (temp cutoff is 48C). If the battery comes off of the charger and goes straight into the car for the run, its a missile. Its kinda feels like a 6.5A linear charge... but alot cooler when the charge is complete. I have been using a 10watt .2 ohm resistor across each pack for 30 minutes after it comes off of the discharge tray. It also brings the cells "up to temp" for charging w/o having to use a warming tray.

- DaveW
Old 02-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Gary- Any word on the brushes (4499's) yet? LMK. Let us know when the CO27's come in too. Do you know when you might be getting some Co27's in? Thanks Gary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.