Surge Worldwide is now accepting applications for sponsorship. All applicants are required to submit a resume as a Microsoft Word, or similar, document. See below for additional information about applying for sponsorship with Surge Worldwide.
What is Surge Worldwide looking for in TEAM drivers:
1) (and most important) People that will at ALL times represent us
- Fit throwing, cussing, combative, grumpy drivers need not apply...
- We want the folks that smile and enjoy themselves even when they have a bad day
2) Drivers that will keep in touch and participate in discussions on this forum as well as the Surge Worldwide private forums
3) Drivers with a decent (long term) track record of racing
4) Drivers that are in this sport to have fun
5) Drivers that are willing to help others at the track or that go out of their way to make new drivers feel welcome at their local tracks
6) Drivers that are well respected by their peers
If you would like to apply for sponsorship with Surge Worldwide, send me a resume at email@example.com
with the following information:
- one paragraph stating why you are seeking sponsorship with Surge Worldwide
- Your age
- List of classes of R/C you have experience with
- What the location of your primary track is... (website and contact info if possible)
- Places you have raced in the last couple years (classes, finish positions and how large a field it was)
- An estimate of what you think your ability level is
- What your current class and car setups are (car, class, electonics, etc.)
- Phone AND Email contact information (I will interview people before I consider them for the team)
- Any current sponsorships
- Contacts and references... Track directors and other sponsors are good resources
- A picture of themselves and/or their car would be nice but not required
We have a great team that is well respected in the RC community. We WILL keep it that way. So if you can't play nice you need not apply.
If you are sponsored by another company that may be a direct competitor with Surge then you need not apply. Loyalty is important to us and if you can't be loyal to your existing sponsors then you will probably not fit in well with the Surge Worldwide team. If you are leaving an existing sponsor then please provide a detailed explenation of why you are doing so.
If you are just applying to get a discount on batteries/motors/etc and don't plan to participate as part of the TEAM then you need not apply.
People that "nag" me repeatedly about the status of their application will greatly reduce their odds of sponsorship. It takes time to go through the resumes and find the people that would make a good addition to the Surge Worldwide team. Don't expect to apply today so you can order batteries for a big race coming up next week. It just isn't going to happen that fast.