Surge Worldwide

Old 09-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree with both you guys.

Anyone see the new IP cell? Has some pretty cool shrink...
Old 09-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Hi Gary...

Hi Gary,

My computer crashed, so I have been off the forum for a while. Things are going well in FL. I'm leading the FOCAR point series in Pro-Stock and am sitting 4th in 19T. I'm also getting ready to pick up a Custom Works Enforcer GBX. It's time to let those boys see the Surge power in a 6 cell Open Mod Sprint Car!!! My next big race is a FOCAR event on 9/24. I'll make sure to post with the results.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 09-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

Not new to racing at all been into it for a while now. I run all Much More products and feel care for expensive packs is sometimes a bit more important than a "few good runs"....I was simply joking about selling more packs, (lighten up).

Thanks for the insight!

~Larry
Old 09-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Regional Moderator

No problem. The suggested charging method is not hard on the packs as long as you watch the temp.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Gary - you got PM
Old 09-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just wanted to stop by and say a big thanks to Bill Dolch and Team Surge for providing my power this past weekend. I was able to take TQ (by over a lap) and the win in Tamiya Stock class at the MD charity race presented by Hobby Works. Great power and consistency the entire day.

Jeff Mohn
Old 09-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

no prb..... jeff and thanks boy i was holding on to my car it was fast

it felt good knowing i can still drive

bill
Old 09-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For anyone who doubts the no peak charging, i still use a normal charge.

I have a few different types of charger, and will say the setup for any of them, they require no watching or special care, and i usually end up re peaking because i am very bad with timing and always worry about the pack being done in time.

For modiffieid i charge at 5 amps, and for 19 or stock anywhere between 6 and 8 amps depending on the competition at the track. A 10 amp charge seems to give the most overall power in stock or 19, and you wont dump, but it is hard on the cells. I would recomend a 6 amp charge for just about everything., and 8 at most for club level.

Turbo GFX, i use a .02 mv cutoff on hot days, and .03 on cool days, the packs come off about 130ish. If the pack is dead shorted, turn on the extra long lockout (10 min).

APS DynoCharge, 30mv on the menu is my favorite, once again it usually peaks about 130ish. I have had the least false peaks with this when chargeing a shorted pack, i always use the long lock once again. I think the reason it false's less is the current is brought up a little slower then on the turbo.

Pulsar, yea i still have 1 as a backup just in case, i use 10mv peak because it always seems to want to make the pack get hotter then my other chargers.

I will be experimenting with step charging as soon as i get my dynochargers back, i sent them in for the S3 upgrade.

Hope that helps

Bill- Glad to hear your getting those motors good, but ya still gotta make them crank like mine.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcracingkid

I have a few different types of charger, and will say the setup for any of them, they require no watching or special care, and i usually end up re peaking because i am very bad with timing and always worry about the pack being done in time.

For modiffieid i charge at 5 amps, and for 19 or stock anywhere between 6 and 8 amps depending on the competition at the track. A 10 amp charge seems to give the most overall power in stock or 19, and you wont dump, but it is hard on the cells. I would recomend a 6 amp charge for just about everything., and 8 at most for club level.

Turbo GFX, i use a .02 mv cutoff on hot days, and .03 on cool days, the packs come off about 130ish. If the pack is dead shorted, turn on the extra long lockout (10 min).

APS DynoCharge, 30mv on the menu is my favorite, once again it usually peaks about 130ish. I have had the least false peaks with this when chargeing a shorted pack, i always use the long lock once again. I think the reason it false's less is the current is brought up a little slower then on the turbo.

Pulsar, yea i still have 1 as a backup just in case, i use 10mv peak because it always seems to want to make the pack get hotter then my other chargers.

I will be experimenting with step charging as soon as i get my dynochargers back, i sent them in for the S3 upgrade.

Hope that helps

Bill- Glad to hear your getting those motors good, but ya still gotta make them crank like mine.
WOW, thanks for the very good info. VERY HELPFUL!

~LA
Old 09-14-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Quite a long time ago I found that peaking flattens a packs voltage out -- Yes, I know thats kinda hard to believe, but thats what testing results have showed me. I typically also like using a lower peak detect threshold (not the typical .03) on my packs as well... A large portion of the time I feel as if .03 cooks the cells, again causing them to loose voltage.

Of course if you regularly false peak, the no peak suggestion is a bad one.. Always make sure those batteries heat up, otherwise chances are you're not charged to full capacity.

I'm not sure yet whether the same applies to the IB cells or any other type. Most of the testing I mentioned above was done on 3300s.

And of course, charge as you like. We all have preferences as to what we like best.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

well i know is this talking to gary i made some changes to the motors

like i had one that was at 21,6 at 5 volts now after i reworked 23,1/ 912 tq

what a big differance i think im getting there

grasshopper out
Old 09-15-2005, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

Gary
Got my new stick,
and you have PM
Thanks
Jim
Old 09-15-2005, 09:48 AM
Tech Addict

Team,

Please login to the Surge sponsored driver forums by going to www.surgeworldwide.com/invision

I'd like to again start using the our forums more and these forums less.

If you have problems logging in let me know.

Thanks...
Old 09-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default race

ok an friend told me about a big race in S.C dose any team d, live there and know about it please let me know i like to go.....
when it is in oct. and is there a website?

bill dolch
Old 09-17-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

motorhead- Bill, what type of race, on-road, off-road? I live in NC and know of most of the races going on in this area.

If it is off road the big race in October is the Roar Region 3 Off Road Champs at Badlands in Myrtle Beach, SC October 28th, 29th (www.badlandsrc.com) (http://www.geocities.com/svtone2002/...1126751409187). Or it could be the 3rd annual Octoberfest at the Proving Grounds II (www.theracetrack.50megs.com) on October 15.

Bill, let me know if it is on road or off road and I can look into it more for you. You can also check out (www.carolinasrc.com/community.asp) for info about racing in NC and SC., both on road and off road.

Last edited by Doug T; 09-17-2005 at 09:14 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.