Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Surge Worldwide

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 08:54 AM
RJ1
Tech Adept

I plan to try some of the intellects, I really like the low internals for 19T open. I haven't seen much as far as numbers on the GP3700 or the cells LRP has. Anyone tested any of these.

Last edited by RJ1; 01-27-2005 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Oh to be a battery matcher
Old 01-27-2005, 09:47 AM
Regional Moderator

<Shameless plug>

Since we are going to have all these new cells with high voltage and low IR we will be going faster than ever. It's going to become extemely important to have a car that can put all the power to the ground.

You'll need a good set of tweak scales to keep all that power under all four wheels.

I know this guy on R/C Tech that sells scales for a good price. I think his name is... hmm let me check.... oh yeah... UnderDaHill.

You can find my "For Sale" thread HERE . I've attached a picture of my Surge powered BMI TC3 sitting on the scales so you can see how small they are. They measure down to 1/10th of a gram and the displays are backlit.

</Shameless plug>
Attached Thumbnails Surge Worldwide-scales1.jpg  
Old 01-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

underhill
Shame on you using gary`s thread for your own means

i`m just going there to see how much they are

Any chance of clearing your board of all that cluter so we can have a good look at it
Old 01-27-2005, 01:00 PM
Regional Moderator

Mr. Jolly... I asked the boss for permission before hijacking his thread. ........ and bulk orders are encouraged. Shall I right you down for oh... lets say... 500 sets
Old 01-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Stop it your scarying me
I reckon you would love that 500 sets @$80 ago =$40,000 convert to pounds £22,000.00 @ £1.80 -$1.00 exchange rate divide £22,000.00 by 500 =£44.00 apiece errrrrrrr no i think i`ll pass on this one
any chance of doing a minimum order like 2 & also discount cos i`m on your side
Old 01-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Regional Moderator

Hehe... drop me a pm if you really want a couple.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was thinking of gettin a Hudy tweak board.. HMMM...
Old 01-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Na, you dont want one of those, get that pretty purple integy laser board, no need to level...and it matches your packs.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Gary
YGPM from the one & only
Old 01-28-2005, 05:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up Scales

I recently bought some scales similar to what "Under" is selling. I got 4 - 550g scales for 18.95/per + 7.50 shipping. They didn't come with calibration weights and the display isn't backlit. The weights alone are $4.50 each. All things considered, I think what he's offering is a better deal. Just wish I knew about this a few weeks ago.

Could of put the money I would have saved towards more batteries.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Zeppelin Benefit Race!!!!!

Gary, and anyone else that lives in the area of Zeppelin Hobbies. They are having a slot car benefit race on this sunday. Each year they have one and all the money raised goes to charity. We get a lot of local racers that race full size cars and karts to come and people can race against them on the slot car tracks. Everything is provided for you all you have to bring is a trigger finger and money. Every year we have a great time and the money goes to a good cause. Each year different charities get the money. Hope to see a bunch of you guys there so I can put faces to names. I will be the one sitting there fixing all the cars between rounds. Stop by and say hello and help a good cause........WAYNE
Old 01-28-2005, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Zeppelin Benefit Race!!!!!

Originally posted by wayneny
Gary, and anyone else that lives in the area of Zeppelin Hobbies. They are having a slot car benefit race on this sunday. Each year they have one and all the money raised goes to charity. We get a lot of local racers that race full size cars and karts to come and people can race against them on the slot car tracks. Everything is provided for you all you have to bring is a trigger finger and money. Every year we have a great time and the money goes to a good cause. Each year different charities get the money. Hope to see a bunch of you guys there so I can put faces to names. I will be the one sitting there fixing all the cars between rounds. Stop by and say hello and help a good cause........WAYNE
Slot cars.. hehehee.. Last time I raced a slot car was at the old zeppelins. I forgot to take my finger off the trigger, i think partially due to the fact i was getting motion sickness trying to follow the car around by moving my head from side to side!! Needless to say the car went flying off the track and into the wall.

That experience abruptly ended my slot car racing time.

Maybe I will stop in, Wayne. It is a good cause...
Old 01-28-2005, 08:25 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Scales

Slot Cars... man... that reminds me. I need to set up my 1/32 scale Scalextric Sport set some time this winter. We set it up on 3 4'x8' tables and usually do a 4-6 lane road-coarse. Computerized timing and everything. I've been so busy with RC that I haven't set it up yet. Time to break it out, get a case of beer, and have some people over. Who is bringing the pizza?

Originally posted by rcbarrmeister
I recently bought some scales similar to what "Under" is selling. I got 4 - 550g scales for 18.95/per + 7.50 shipping. They didn't come with calibration weights and the display isn't backlit. The weights alone are $4.50 each. All things considered, I think what he's offering is a better deal. Just wish I knew about this a few weeks ago.

Could of put the money I would have saved towards more batteries.
Yeah... I was in that same boat. I kept watching ebay for some cheap scales that would actually fit on my tweak board. Most were so big you would be lucky to get the tires to line up at the center of each scale when placed side by side.

When I did find stuff that would work it was either too expensive, shipping was outrageous or there was only one available. I'm amazed at what the sellers charge for shipping. Some were charging like $12 to ship a 1 pound scale (1 pound at most) via media mail. It only costs like $2 for media mail for anything under 1 pound AND your supposed to use it for MEDIA. That just hacks me off. It only costs me $7.70 to ship 4 of mine priority mail and the package weighs almost 4 pounds.

Anyways... Once I found a distributor and got registered and stuff, I order some for me and about 4 of the people I raced with. Then people started asking if I had more and I had to start ordering more for people that heard about them via word of mouth. Now I'm selling close to 50 scales every 2 weeks. I'm not making a ton on it but it helps pay for batteries and motors from time to time.

Plus... once I started putting my car on scales regularly I had way fewer races where the car is jacked up and hard to drive. I know it's always going to be the same when I put it on the track as long as I don't screw something else up or break it during the race. The scales have given me a good peace of mind when I race.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default BENEFIT RACE!!!!!!!

A quick reminder about the slot car benefit race at Zeppelin Hobbies today. Hope to see you there..........WAYNE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.