Today at the Jam Jon Williams Quilified 5th in the A in 19T

I went to the Belly and Finished 2nd in the A
Old 01-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

January Jam update:

19T Mike Malinconio 5th, Jon Williams 7th in A
Mod Mike Haynes 3rd in A

Last edited by John Tag; 01-16-2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Congrats Darren, Good Job whats better tham Surge power and a BMI chassie to lay it down
Old 01-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: JAN 29

Originally posted by wyd
I have a few more (Not on SUrge but some of our RCO guys and friends that race with us) Paul Bouhl, Jeff Mohn, Adam Ball, Steve Walters, and I think thats it that I can think of. I will sign up for the race next weekend.
fastasu, I will be signing up tomorrow at lunch time.

Paul Buohl
Old 01-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ok, If your going there, just add your name on the list, just ask mimi for my entry form and add it on there, I wont be back there till that weekend.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by fastasu2
Ok, If your going there, just add your name on the list, just ask mimi for my entry form and add it on there, I wont be back there till that weekend.
OK. Thanks
Old 01-16-2005, 07:52 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by John Tag
Mike Haynes Finished 4th and Jon Williams finished I think 7th or 8th in the A

Today at the Jam Jon Williams Quilified 5th in the A in 19T

I went to the Belly and Finished 2nd in the A
Great job guys!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey, all.

I'm gonna echo TK's comment of exhaustion with my own--PHEW!!!

It was a tiring weekend but a *really* fun one. We all did well at the Jam this weekend. We had 60some stock touring entries and 40some 19T entries. Car felt very, very good considering I've never run on the track before. HP was totally there.

Congrats to new Surge driver Mike M. for making the show in 19T also!

Surge-friendly :> driver Jeff Cuffs ended up getting 2nd and Haynes got 4th and I was 7th. Competition in both classes was very strong, particularly stock. I cannot say how much I enjoy my XRAY. It just responds so well to changes. With this track I had to make some changes compared to the other tracks I run at, but the car came around nicely by the third round of each qualifier. I'm feeling very confident for the Surge boys come the Nats at Hobby Chamber.

Still looking forward to Mimi's on the 29th. We gonna bring some power, guys. Get ready.

Last edited by jdwca; 01-17-2005 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yea Jon...my car will work much better on a big track

Check this out, the track i go to next week had cement blocks to hold all the boards down...you rub a wall on the straight and nail a block head on...yikes...lol.

Had fun this week, 12th mod all the way, my car works so well, but il definetly need those 4 cell packs for the 29th. The new 6 cells were awesome, yanked hard all race with lots left over.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default madness

Good job Mike and John.It was good to see ya John ,thanks for taking the time to look at my car.see ya soon
Mike M AWESOME job congrats on the new batt gig .oh yeah I forgot AH COME ON!
Old 01-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

All I have to say is Phew. That was the most grueling weekend of racing I have ever had times 10. I got 15 hours of sleep in the past 4 days and the rest of the time was spent at the track. I have black lung from all the dust in the building.

In stock the top 40 in both expert classes were seperated by around 15-18 seconds. With I believe 90 people in each class. Tyler gave you the results from stock day. I'm disappointed with my resuts to say the least. I had a fast Truck but couldnt get a clean run in. And my buggy was a pile of poo up until the last qualifier of mod. I have never run on that type of dirt or a pink taper pin in my life so I was a little lost on the constantly changing track conditions.

In mod same situation. There were 90 Mod trucks and I think 100 mod buggies. I had 3 fully sponsored Losi/AE drivers in my E main Mod buggy. Again My truck was good I just couldnt get a clean run. Again qualifying was close with less than a lap seperating 1st through 60th.

For my first big race in over 8 years I didn't do too bad. But was definatley hoping for better.

Peanut won both stock classes and 4wd. Robbers won Mod Truck and I dont know who won mod Buggy becasue I had to leave right after my run becasue I had enough of that place. I spent about 60 out of the last 75 hours at the track and that was all I could handle. It was definatley hangin with TK and Jamie, who pitted right across the table from me. I have exactly 6 months before the Mod nats, I think the dirt will be out of my system by then. Sorry Im rambling but its 3am and I just got home and wanted to give an update becasue my phone died on Friday and I couldn't charge it. More tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

It was nice to meet you Jon. Had a great time and the Surge guys kicked ass. Hey Mike, Way to go!! Awesome job this weekend!! Thank You so much for all the help .............My car was hooked up BIG TIME!!............I was able to run great with that set-up at our track the next day! OH YEAH!!

Good Luck at the Magna Race in Canada this weekend.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey Guys!

Just wanted to say how happy I am with the initial test I did with my new Surge Monster Stocks. I don't have any figures as yet as my dyno is with a friend but I did the "ear" test of RPM. I have got 2 brand new EA Monster Stocks and 2 brand new Surge Monster Stocks.

Verdict:

EA motors were very good (top dyno figures from distributor)
SURGE MOTORS ARE BETTER!!! They seem to rev harder and I am really happy with them just initially. I will get some proper figures to you when I have actually got my dyno.

Well done Tag and keep it up!!
Old 01-17-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks Simon, I always like the Track Dyno

Glad too see your pleased, we have been working hard everyday to keep finding that little more, I will never stop. As they say when you sit on a set up the competor will pass you up. So I will keep testing to make the best motor possiable. I actually ran 6 motors yesterday and 6 diffrent set up's trying to find that little more,I will never give up for you guy's

Thanks for your support
Old 01-17-2005, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Simon - Dude, rock on. That's great to hear. As always, you guys know we love feedback on brushes, combos, etc., so please send us mail anytime you find that little bit more.

L. Fairtrace - Larry, I called Tyler after I got home from my tiring weekend (not like yours though.) Wish I could've chatted with you. I'll call you sometime this week. Tyler seemed pretty tired on the phone too. I wish Tag and I could've been there for your stock classes. Tyler said his rebuilds of the handouts didn't come close the rebuilds Tag did for him on *old* motors. TK said he seemed to get perfect runs but simply was outmotored. Doggonit. Maybe next year I'll travel to the race just to hook you guys up.

SNS820 - Sal, no problem. You seemed to get your car running pretty well by the end. Keep plugging away. You're getting there. Car looked trick though--nice and neat.

Kwikvdub - It was good to meet you too, Alex. Finally, I got to meet 'the Clapper'. You definitely bring a positive, upbeat vibe to the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.