Surge Worldwide

Old 11-29-2004, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Great Job to all of you who were representing Surge!!!! Cleveland is a learning experience and can be quite humbling. Sort of gives us guys who run at DC an Idea of how good Mr Buttercuffs is. Now take what you have learned and hand some heads at Snowbirds!!!

Hey TK, yesterday I made my return to the dirt, Slicks = mad traction!!! I had some issues but continued to improve, overall I ended up finishing 2 laps faster than my first qualifier. That rust is hard to shake off!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

No doubt!

Slicks = Mad Traction....OH YEA!

Maybe I'll get to use some of mine next weekend if the track grooves up because of the sheer amount of people that'll be there...Hmm...Good times, good times..

TK
Old 11-29-2004, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

My buggy was soooo hard to drive. I felt like I was running a 1/12 scale that was setup aggressive!! I ended up going to 3-b 3 washer setup and laying down the front shocks just to try to calm the front end down.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Mine was doing the complete opposite. I made change after change to that car to get it to have more corner speed. It was like driving a dump truck in the corners...Finally the main came around and I just dailed a lot of brake into it...and just hit the brake and powerslid around the corners...4th Place

TK
Old 11-29-2004, 08:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by Bob Barry
My buggy was soooo hard to drive. I felt like I was running a 1/12 scale that was setup aggressive!! I ended up going to 3-b 3 washer setup and laying down the front shocks just to try to calm the front end down.
Bob running at Bumps & Jumps is a whole new experiance isn't it? Mad traction is almost always available at this faciltity. Chris keeps it very wet to keep the traction high.

My monster truck liked it when it dried out a tad bit more but I didn't use slicks. Hard to cut down 100 bucks in tires to make slicks for a monster truck.

Brian
Old 11-29-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah Brian I want to see how I fair this weekend. Ive got to get my act together
Old 11-29-2004, 10:52 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Yeah Brian I want to see how I fair this weekend. Ive got to get my act together
It takes a few weeks to get use to that much traction and to find a setup. Best thing their is just to start not wrecking for 5 minutes and then work on going a little faster each time. It is very hard to run 5 minutes their without a wreck. All the top guys their wreck at least once or twice but if you can keep it to just small bobbles it really helps with your times.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

yeah i noticed that. another thing i noticed is that Lewis is sooo much faster than everyone else. His car never seems to be out of controll over bumps or anything. almost looks like he is running on carpet with how smooth he is.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

yeah i noticed that. another thing i noticed is that Lewis is sooo much faster than everyone else. His car never seems to be out of controll over bumps or anything. almost looks like he is running on carpet with how smooth he is.
Yeah Todds car is dialed!!!!!!!!! He has alot of time on the track and he is a top driver.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

My car is planted when I've got a stock in there....but as soon as I put in a mod...unless i'm on a smooth track...the car is nutz! And it pushes like a dumptruck.

Oh well...the truck stays planted either way..

TK
Old 11-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Smooth is key in mod. At a big race I was a few months ago. The fastest 2wd run all weekend was from a stock, and there were some pretty big guns at this race.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Jon for giving me some great batteries to run, they felt awsome! I want to thank Hartman for building the best motors ive ran at Cleveland!
But the biggest help was my dad, staying up in the late hours wrenching on my car!
All in all it was fun

Jason Exelby
Old 11-29-2004, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Our pleasure, dude! You ran seriously fast all weekend. We couldn't have asked for more from you.

We've gotta come up with a nickname for you: 'Rails' or maybe 'Stone'. ;-) You're so cool up on the driver's stand. You can run the same line lap after lap.

I felt terribly about that first lap. As they say in NASCAR, 'it's one of them racin' deals.' You couldn't have done anything about it.

BTW, good to see you on the Surge forum. Poke in here more often.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

Default New pack maint

Hey Jon.. you know those packs you gave me? I haven't used them yet .. but I was wondering....
What is the point of dead shorting.. I can understand putting the pack on a equlizer to get all the cells close in voltage.. but why deadshort? How does that make the battery better? I have an Integy 30 amd discharger and novak tray... so to dead short I let the discharger go full out on the lights... then connect a wire from pos to neg on the pack and that's it??? Sounds like a stupid question but I just want to be sure.... I guess that is what those wires on the pack are?
Do you have any maint plans I should follow for those packs... ???
Thanks...
Old 11-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah its all good... I had fun but I wish I would of atleast finished my Main.
I cant wait until next year... HEHE
Yeah i wouldnt mind have a nickname

Jason Exelby

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.