Wiki Posts
Search

Boss RC Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AOD
Got my motor in the mail today. Can't wait to try it out on the 16th. Thanks Nate for the awesome service.
No problem if you need anything give me a call from the track and I will help the best I can!
Old 05-08-2010, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I got my 13.5 in the mail today! I couldn't resist putting it in and running up and down the street a couple of times in my buggy based, rubber buggy tire (losi xxxcr) EDM. First thing I noticed is the great low end torque and the smooth powerband, finally the awesome top end speed. When I turned on the turbo on my speed passion gt 2.0 lpf with hobbywing 422stock software, IT RIPPED! I can't wait until tomorrow night to try it out on the track, with and with out the turbo. You will hear from me at the end of its first run Nathan!
Old 05-08-2010, 05:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Revlimit
I got my 13.5 in the mail today! I couldn't resist putting it in and running up and down the street a couple of times in my buggy based, rubber buggy tire (losi xxxcr) EDM. First thing I noticed is the great low end torque and the smooth powerband, finally the awesome top end speed. When I turned on the turbo on my speed passion gt 2.0 lpf with hobbywing 422stock software, IT RIPPED! I can't wait until tomorrow night to try it out on the track, with and with out the turbo. You will hear from me at the end of its first run Nathan!
That is great to hear...please do let us know how it goes.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ElectriMagician
That is great to hear...please do let us know how it goes.
The 13.5 motor did great on the oval! My only hang up was an experimental set up. I had the speed to keep up with 7.5s and 8.5s with no problem. Of course I was boosted with the hobbywing 422stock software in my speed passion 2.o lpf (setting at end of post). After the racing was over I did a little more experimenting with boost settings and found that the boost start rpm was better at 4500rpm than at 6000rpm, and I am sure it would be even better for the track I was on at 3000rpm but my battery died and didn't get to try it. I will definately be getting another motor for my buggy (associated B4) based latemodel!

Running mode= 1
Drag Brake= 15%
LVC= 6.2v
DRRS= 7
Brake= 100%
Reverse= 25%
Initial Brake= Drag Brake
Neutral Range= 6%
Boost Timing= 6/15*
Overheat Proctection= Enabled
Turbo Timing= 5/4*
Boost Start RPM= 6000rpm
Turbo Open Delay= 0.1s
Timing Punch= -1
Pinion/Spur(48p)/Diff Ratio= 27/82/2.43
FDR= 7.38
5 Minute Temp= 125-130*F

I know I could have pushed it harder but the car wasn't handling good enough
Old 05-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Can we send in new V3 SP's for you to do your magic on? My dad has a new V3 17.5 that I would like tuned up for him just for kicks. If so, what does something like this cost?

Thanks,
Old 05-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Had to put this on the thread because I have to retire the body.

Larry thanks for the paint job!
Attached Thumbnails Boss RC Motorsports-ltcr-sack-paints.jpg  
Old 05-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kenny L
After a great phone call with Nate. I will be running Boss motors Looking forward to getting some of that rip in my car that you guys down at Jackson had. Going to be doing lots of running from now till Vegas. I will be running the Boss 17.5 at the Sweep challenge next month so better watch out for my Boss powered ride. Thanks again Nate for bringing me on the Team I know this year is going to be a good one for you.
Your motors are done...and let me tell you!

HP won't be a problem!
Old 05-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Revlimit
The 13.5 motor did great on the oval! My only hang up was an experimental set up. I had the speed to keep up with 7.5s and 8.5s with no problem. Of course I was boosted with the hobbywing 422stock software in my speed passion 2.o lpf (setting at end of post). After the racing was over I did a little more experimenting with boost settings and found that the boost start rpm was better at 4500rpm than at 6000rpm, and I am sure it would be even better for the track I was on at 3000rpm but my battery died and didn't get to try it. I will definately be getting another motor for my buggy (associated B4) based latemodel!

Running mode= 1
Drag Brake= 15%
LVC= 6.2v
DRRS= 7
Brake= 100%
Reverse= 25%
Initial Brake= Drag Brake
Neutral Range= 6%
Boost Timing= 6/15*
Overheat Proctection= Enabled
Turbo Timing= 5/4*
Boost Start RPM= 6000rpm
Turbo Open Delay= 0.1s
Timing Punch= -1
Pinion/Spur(48p)/Diff Ratio= 27/82/2.43
FDR= 7.38
5 Minute Temp= 125-130*F

I know I could have pushed it harder but the car wasn't handling good enough
I frogot that my motor timing was set in the middle. Not sure exactly, but the sensor plug was centered in the slot, roughly 5* I think.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default Sweep Challange

I will be heading up to the Sweep Challenge in Chaplin, CT this Saturday to watch some mod. racing. It will be nice to see how our 10.5 will do on the 210' foot straight away. I will be going with my brother, Mark Dawson, and hopefully I can get Diatta Collymore to give electric racing a shot again! I think I have a good chance on getting him there since I told him they were racing MOD!

Don't punk out Diatta!
Old 05-12-2010, 06:55 AM

I just wanted to say thank you to Nathan for sending me a 17.5 BOSS Motor so fast, I’ll be running it at the 2010 N.W.Short course Nationals May 15th, 2010 in my SC-10.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MOTOJOE
I just wanted to say thank you to Nathan for sending me a 17.5 BOSS Motor so fast, I’ll be running it at the 2010 N.W.Short course Nationals May 15th, 2010 in my SC-10.
Your very welcome! Now go out there and show them whose got BOSS!

That was corny!

Good Luck!
Old 05-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

I will be heading up to the Sweep Challenge in Chaplin, CT this Saturday to watch some mod. racing. It will be nice to see how our 10.5 will do on the 210' foot straight away. I will be going with my brother, Mark Dawson, and hopefully I can get Diatta Collymore to give electric racing a shot again! I think I have a good chance on getting him there since I told him they were racing MOD!

Don't punk out Diatta!
It's official Diatta Collymore will be going to the Sweep Challenge with us on Saturday May 15th. Diatta is one of the best guys you can in your pits. He's funny and can make the best out of anything!

Get your sign up in Diatta!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

It's official Diatta Collymore will be going to the Sweep Challenge with us on Saturday May 15th. Diatta is one of the best guys you can in your pits. He's funny and can make the best out of anything!

Get your sign up in Diatta!
WOW double header for the young gun..
Old 05-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
WOW double header for the young gun..
Should be fun lol. Can't wait to throw down some rubber brushless style. And Nate, you should know by now I never punk out now to prepare for a long weekend Wish us luck
Old 05-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by D-nicest
Should be fun lol. Can't wait to throw down some rubber brushless style. And Nate, you should know by now I never punk out now to prepare for a long weekend Wish us luck
I know I just wanted to get your attention and hope you be good with going up...we'll have a lot of fun!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.