R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 02-15-2014, 09:19 AM   #466
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
There is a 12.3 stock, 12.5 stock and a 12.5 mod (for mod motors). I'm just running the 12.5 stock that came in the motor. I'm curious how it would run with the 12.5 mod rotor though. But I've never tried it.
I don't think that a mod rotor would be roar legal. Would be fun though.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:44 AM   #467
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
I don't think that a mod rotor would be roar legal. Would be fun though.
Yeah, definitely not.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:38 PM   #468
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Does anyone know if I need to pull the red wire if I use a riecever pack while running 1s with a 2s speedo ?
Old 02-19-2014, 09:42 PM   #469
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303slowdown View Post
Does anyone know if I need to pull the red wire if I use a riecever pack while running 1s with a 2s speedo ?
Here is EA's reply to the same question on the ORCA VX thread.

Yes you can. But you MUST pull the red wire out of the receiver plug to do this so it doesnt over load the BEC. And in order to make adjustments with the program card you have to plug it back up so it will power up. Kind of a pain but it works.

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:30 PM   #470
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I picked up a 21.5 TX for 1/12, what roll out and timing settings should I start with this motor?

Cheers,

I can't wait to take this motor for a rip.
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:30 PM   #471
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I want to install the ORCA USB software on my laptop. But, every time I try to do it, the Hobbywing USB software I have on the computer comes up and prevents me from installing the ORCA software.

Are the two USB softwares compatible on the same computer?

Thanks.

Bill
Old 03-01-2014, 04:01 PM   #472
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
I want to install the ORCA USB software on my laptop. But, every time I try to do it, the Hobbywing USB software I have on the computer comes up and prevents me from installing the ORCA software.

Are the two USB softwares compatible on the same computer?

Thanks.

Bill
I don't have any experience with the Hobbywing software - but it sounds like it is probably a driver that is shared between the Hobbywing and ORCA software that is causing the issue.

If you have both available, it might be worth trying to uninstall the Hobbywing software, install the ORCA software and then try reinstalling the Hobbywing software.

Regards,
Ian
Old 03-06-2014, 05:45 AM   #473
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

is there a trick to remove the bearing from the sensor housing? taking a look at it looks like it going to be hard with out damaging the sensor
Old 03-08-2014, 10:00 PM   #474
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ran my 17.5 TX for the first time today in my TC. Wow, love it. Will be outfitting all my cars with ORCA motors!
tnewlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #475
Tech Adept

Default VXX red light

I am running ORCA for a couple of years now with great success...This year I upgraded to the VXX esc and TX motors.

Howerver one of the VXX's seem to have a small issue....the red light is on all the time and altought I have steering and the esc fan works just fine when I aplly the trottle nothing happens!

Tried to setup the esc again...I have blue light but no sound and then again the same story...I even tried to reinstall the firmare but the programm cannot find the esc

Any ideas??
nitroargi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:12 PM   #476
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Double check your sensor wire? Maybe try a new one or one thats known to be good from another car. Other speedos I've had will calibrate without a sensor wire plugged in. The ORCA won't do anything without it.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:04 AM   #477
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
Double check your sensor wire? Maybe try a new one or one thats known to be good from another car. Other speedos I've had will calibrate without a sensor wire plugged in. The ORCA won't do anything without it.
Nope that's not it...tried 2-3 different cable sensors and the result is always the same.

The weird thing is that all day Saturday the esc was working just fine in practise. On Sunday I went in to scrub in some tires and in the first round the esc just died. Fan was working, had sterring but no motor...only a red light

Changed the esc and did a battery and then again the same happened so I thought it was the receiver. Changed it and everything was ok but when I pluged in again the VXX same thing happened with the new receiver!
nitroargi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:30 AM   #478
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

I just picked up my first Orca TX 17.5. Im gonna be running it in blinky stock buggy. With my current D3.5 set up I run between 29-32/70 with 35 degrees on the can. I tune my current motor to pull about 8.6 amps on my inline watt meter. Im just looking for a starting point with this motor. The timing marks on the can dont go up as high so how are you determining timing if you go past the marks? What are the characteristics of this motor? Is it more of a torquey motor where you gear it on the higher end? Any input is much appreciated.
elex300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:46 PM   #479
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

In case anyone is interested, there is a workaround for the Orca USB Link software not working with Windows 64 bit machines. You need to disable Windows driver signature verification for the USB drivers to install. Here's how to do that...
Old 03-27-2014, 04:36 PM   #480
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
The stock rotor that comes with it is a 12.5 Medium strength rotor (but its stronger than other companies "12.5 HT" rotor. They do make one that is stronger but its so strong that it doesnt run very well in anything but possibly a SCT. Its about 100-150 points higher than the stock one.

You can look on the shaft of the rotor and its engraving gives its strength. 125S means 12.5 Spec. The MH is medium hard. The SH is super hard. They also have 123S which are 12.3 spec rotors. I have a few of them here that havent been put up on the site yet.

EA
I'm in the market for a motor for a drift car, 10.5T is where I'm looking. Some companies do a 'drift' motor, I'm not clear on what they consider this to be, but I suspect they put a high torque rotor in.
Eg accuance has a 8.5T with 12.3mm and a drift edition with 12.5mm. The drift edition also has a lower Kv(3800 vs 4080).

So, I was looking at the 10.5TX, but I can't find specs anywhere, and I'm not familiar with the 'strength' of the rotor, any comments or help?

Riki
g4mb17 is offline   Reply With Quote