R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 03-08-2010, 02:29 AM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjack View Post
Guys, check out this thread, Orca is having wars with others.

www dot rctech.net/forum/malaysian-r-c-racers/249281-orca-rc-products-40.html#post7105391
Yes .. the ORCA drivers were severly let down at TITC ..... SLOW
Old 03-08-2010, 07:06 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman

Cannon......go high jack another thread.....oh wait you have already. Seems like you go into all of the companies threads and start your bashing.......if you do not have anything positive to add, keep your crusty mouth shut
Team Sweepracing
tandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandman View Post
Cannon......go high jack another thread.....oh wait you have already. Seems like you go into all of the companies threads and start your bashing.......if you do not have anything positive to add, keep your crusty mouth shut
Get a few facts straight tandman..... ORCA said they had new software. The setup sheets for it were direct copies of the Tekin design. ORCA Mike said ORCA would smash Tekin with its new software at TITC and then it turns out it had hardly been tested and no one was given it at TITC. The ORCA users were basically lied to.

Hardly bashing ... just stating facts.. Look at the ORCA thread in the Malaysian section .. not exactly happy users. But hey ORCA hyped and sold ESC's on the back of the promises. Here that is called false advertising
Old 03-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

As far as what happened at the TITC, that shouldn't discourage anyone away from the ESC in the US. This is a thread to keep our supporters in the US informed about our products, so I ask everyone to keep it on topic.

As many of you know, we have delayed the release a few times to make sure we release an awesome product. ORCA USA (myself included) is working very hard to help in the development of the new ESC software. All I can say now is we are getting closer, and we all appreciate everyone's support and patience.

We also have some other items in the works that appeal to a wider audience in the R/C hobby. It should be pretty cool

Again, if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

-Korey
Pro Spec America/Apex RC - Team ORCA - Awesomatix USA - Roche RC USA - AVID - Sweep - Protoform - Pro-One RC - Slapmaster Tools - Hebiki Design Works - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers - Timezone Hobbies
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:52 PM   #20
Tech Initiate

Korey, i was wondering in my mind, why they still release the new software when they didn't give it a harsh test before TITC?

As i read in the Orca thread, due to this , many burned their motors and their race just ended like that. I'm sure you can understand the feeling of a racer that spent so much on the Race meeting.

And i read the latest update from the Mikecan8, he mentioned cant use the turbo timing in the new updated software ESC as it'll burn the motor, but why they didn't discover this during the TITC ?? Lack of testing ? or careless mistake ??

Actually i was looking forward to get this esc few weeks back, but the Orca thread making me think twice, triple or even make my interest burned ..

I saw Keith Yu was attended the TITC too..F main ,9th position and the question was , he just finished 6laps in 5 minutes???What happen ?? Another case of Motor burning ??
mjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:55 AM   #21
Tech Champion

I would like to say on behalf of Team ORCA USA, that we are very sorry to see the arguments taking place in the aftermath of the TITC. As we all know, there are many factors that account for any race result.

With that said, Team ORCA USA will still strive to uphold our principle in promoting ORCA products in the USA. We fully support the product that we release in the USA. I know this has been said before, but I need to stress that no software or hardware will be in the publics hands without adequate testing from our top ranking US drivers. Everyone at Team ORCA USA is a racer, so we know what is needed to be competitive in our market.
Pro Spec America/Apex RC - Team ORCA - Awesomatix USA - Roche RC USA - AVID - Sweep - Protoform - Pro-One RC - Slapmaster Tools - Hebiki Design Works - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers - Timezone Hobbies
Old 03-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

??

Last edited by mikecan8; 03-13-2010 at 02:40 AM.
mikecan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:55 AM   #23
Tech Champion

Just to let everyone know, I'm running at Seattle RC Racers in Seattle, WA right at the moment our carpet season finale. So far I'm sitting really good in open modified with the ORCA Vritra TC Spec. It's still the smoothest brushless ESC I've ever run for modified to date.

Current Setup:

neutral range: 6%
punch: 3
frequency: 8K
timing: 7.25 degrees
Start Response: 1x
Drag brake: 6%
Brake force: 80%

LRP X-12 5.5 modified motor (4 dot timing)
8.8 Final Drive ratio
Old 03-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

hey Korey,
good job over the weekend in mod the orca system looed great in mod. the orca system gets more and more appealing everytime i see them. keep up the good work guys! also was cool to meet Hans ( i think thats how you spell it) over the weekend, cool guy!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #25
Tech Champion

Thanks Jeff! We really appreciate the support. The ESC is very good in modified, SUPER smooth
Old 03-18-2010, 07:31 PM   #26
Tech Initiate

I think the old software don't have problem like the new software had.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:29 PM   #27
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Thanks Jeff! We really appreciate the support. The ESC is very good in modified, SUPER smooth
do u running with TC Pro Spec software ? any one there use new software ?
Old 03-20-2010, 03:52 AM   #28
Tech Champion

We have not released the "Pro Spec" software here in the US. I have been running just the standard TC spec for right now in modified. We have been testing the Pro Spec software, but we have not been quite satisfied with it yet. But we are also actively helping in the development of the Pro Spec software before it is officially released here in the US, so it's competitive and reliable.

-Korey
Old 03-20-2010, 10:11 PM   #29
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
We have not released the "Pro Spec" software here in the US. I have been running just the standard TC spec for right now in modified. We have been testing the Pro Spec software, but we have not been quite satisfied with it yet. But we are also actively helping in the development of the Pro Spec software before it is officially released here in the US, so it's competitive and reliable.

-Korey
Thank korey for the info ... do u know when the Pro Spec will been release ?
Old 03-21-2010, 02:12 AM   #30
Tech Champion

I'm not 100% on when it will be released. We're constantly testing to work out bugs and find new fast stuff. When we find a software we are happy with, we'll release it.

-Korey