R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #226
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada BC
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quick View Post
Can someone help with a setup for VX speedo V3 in 17.5 boosted on an asphalt low grip track with 70Meter straight.
You can try this setup!
Timing start: 5%
Timing:36
Timing inter.:Nor.
Turbo timing:56
Turbo inter.:Nor.
Turbo delay:0.1s
PWM:8K
FDR 6.0
Orca RX2 17.5 motor: motor timing 3 lines.
Max. Motor Temp. after 6mins 160f*
__________________
Keith Yu
Team ORCA/Team Pro-Spec/Team EAM/Team Yokomo
rcproshop@hotmail.com
Keith Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #227
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada BC
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canon View Post
has anyone tried the orca spark for 13.5 boosted class? im planning on getting one but i want to know if it will be competetive enough
For club level should be good enough but the VX can allow you to use higher timing and turbo setting!
__________________
Keith Yu
Team ORCA/Team Pro-Spec/Team EAM/Team Yokomo
rcproshop@hotmail.com
Keith Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:38 PM   #228
Tech Champion
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 5,836
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Hey Keith! How you doing?
__________________
Stab it and steer.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:52 AM   #229
Tech Adept
 
Nico''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 166
Default

Hi,

does someone use Orca RX2 10,5 motor in blinky stock please?
Ho is it compared to other motors please?

thanks,

Nico'
Nico' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #230
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 77
Default

Qualifying is complete at the Snowbirds - and ORCA has TQ for two of the touring car classes. In the 13.5 Super Stock class, Andrew Hardman TQ'd and in the Mod class, Alex TQ'd and Andrew was .29 behind.

1) Alexander Hagberg (ORCA) 29 5:05.686 10.366
2) Andrew Hardman (ORCA) 29 5:05.981 0.295 10.346

Thanks to Keith Yu and the rest of the ORCA team for the great support.

Regards,
Ian (Andrew's Dad)
__________________
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Yokomo, Team ORCA, Solaris Tires, PROTOform, ProSpec
ADHSponser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #231
Tech Master
 
ngo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1,263
Send a message via ICQ to ngo8
Default

Run my orca vx this past weekend in my touring car with lrp 5.0 turn motor ...ran really good all day long and in the main after about 4 minutes it suddenlly stopped would not work at all i thought it thermalled at first so i left it till i got home but still it was dead then i did full throttle and nothing till i spun the spur gear and then it worked and only worked while it was rolling and full stop it will not work so i changed the motor and still does the same thing so i figure something went wrong the speed control any ideas what it would be ?
__________________
Xray|Kyosho|Exotek|Hobbywing|Sanwa|Trinity|Xpert|KoPropo
ngo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:00 AM   #232
Tech Champion
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 5,836
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I've got a problem updating ESCs I need help with. I've been updating the software for our club racers on the Q Spark combos for a while now and probably have 30+ under my belt. Last weekend, I updated a few, 2 of which have become bricks. No lights or response of any kind when powered up.

I'm updating from Ver2.0 to Ver2.1 firmware. I cannot go back as the USB Link hardware and software do not store original versions of firmware. The Ver2.1 firmware cannot be reloaded, as the software won't allowed currently installed firmware to be overwritten by the same.

Any thoughts? Is the an archive of Ver2.0 firmware available someplace? Maybe I could find some X4 or X6 stuff, just as temporary filler?
__________________
Stab it and steer.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #233
Tech Adept
 
Ladder Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mobile Alabama
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

So is there a real big difference in the ORCA VX compared to the TEKIN RS PRO
__________________
( I know where you stood last weekend) http://www.MobileRCRacing.com
DiscountRCRacing - http://myworld.ebay.com/discountrcracing
Team Magic Parts, Kits and More www.machinaria.com
RC Apparel - http://www.bluegrooveapparel.com Globalhobby.com - XtM Racing Teamxtm.com
Ladder Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #234
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,862
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder Killer View Post
So is there a real big difference in the ORCA VX compared to the TEKIN RS PRO
Using the blinky mode there is not a difference in top speed. There is however a difference in feel, smoothness and especially mid range. The Orca is super easy to drive with which, for me, yields better lap times. The throttle is much smoother than a tekin and offers more of a mid range with rip. Its super easy to adjust without using a computer or flashing lights through the use of a program box or card.

Hope this helps.
EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID | Futaba.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #235
Tech Addict
 
Bigz84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 587
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Using the blinky mode there is not a difference in top speed. There is however a difference in feel, smoothness and especially mid range. The Orca is super easy to drive with which, for me, yields better lap times. The throttle is much smoother than a tekin and offers more of a mid range with rip. Its super easy to adjust without using a computer or flashing lights through the use of a program box or card.

Hope this helps.
EA
EA,
what settings did you have on your Orca w/ your 17.5 Touring?
__________________
Radiopost : EA Motorsports : Speedzone : Orca : Waldorf RC : Reflex Racing/RSD : Wild Turbo Fans : Franchise Racing Products : RCAmerica : Hudy : Xray : Diggity Designs: Pro One Racing
Bigz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:03 AM   #236
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 104
Default

anyone help with performance on the following set up, just after a bit more performance.

orca vx with team dynamite platinum motor 13.5 boosted

Motor timing at 25 degrees

timing start - 10%
timing - 33
Turbo delay 0.02
Turbo timing - 58

all intervals at normal

Thanks
Nathan Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #237
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,862
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigz84 View Post
EA,
what settings did you have on your Orca w/ your 17.5 Touring?
Punch 10
PWM 4K
BPWM 1K
Initial brake 5
Drag brake 3
Neutral width 5%

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID | Futaba.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #238
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Wilson View Post
anyone help with performance on the following set up, just after a bit more performance.

orca vx with team dynamite platinum motor 13.5 boosted

Motor timing at 25 degrees

timing start - 10%
timing - 33
Turbo delay 0.02
Turbo timing - 58

all intervals at normal

Thanks
What version of the software are you using? What FDR have you been using with this setup?

When you say you are after a bit more performance - are you looking for top end, bottom end?

Regards,
Ian
__________________
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Yokomo, Team ORCA, Solaris Tires, PROTOform, ProSpec
ADHSponser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #239
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHSponser View Post
What version of the software are you using? What FDR have you been using with this setup?

When you say you are after a bit more performance - are you looking for top end, bottom end?

Regards,
Ian
using the latest software v3 i think? currently running 8 FDR, small indoor track.

looking for a bit of both, i know this isn't logical but surely each motor has its sweet spot/power band

Thanks
Nathan Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #240
Tech Regular
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngo8 View Post
Run my orca vx this past weekend in my touring car with lrp 5.0 turn motor ...ran really good all day long and in the main after about 4 minutes it suddenlly stopped would not work at all i thought it thermalled at first so i left it till i got home but still it was dead then i did full throttle and nothing till i spun the spur gear and then it worked and only worked while it was rolling and full stop it will not work so i changed the motor and still does the same thing so i figure something went wrong the speed control any ideas what it would be ?
sounds like the sensor port voltage as dropped
__________________
Orca www.ChubbiesCarShack.co.uk TDX SMC RC Airbrush Fundecal
Craig W is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Radio Operated Cars of Kelowna (R.O.C.K Racing) Dan Boundy Canadian R/C Scene 5438 09-29-2014 10:04 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:43 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0