R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #211
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike ivy View Post
Anyone try VX1 in 1/12th 13.5 blinky thinking about getting one.
Been running one in mine. Happy with it so far. No booster or receiver pack needed and easy to adjust! Not to mention a smooth controllable throttle! LOL

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #212
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey EA,

Cool thanks for the info. I'll be contacting you soon to purchase one. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Been running one in mine. Happy with it so far. No booster or receiver pack needed and easy to adjust! Not to mention a smooth controllable throttle! LOL

EA

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #213
Tech Apprentice

Alright so I am just looking for a second (technically 3rd) opinion on what is going on here with my ORCA VX speed control. It arrived today, so I removed the wires from my other ORCA VX speed control that had a separate issue (motor end bell backed off and seemingly shorted out speed control or something to that effect) so I bought another one as a replacement for the time being while I send the other back to be repaired. It arrived with the V3.0 software on it which I already had on my other speed control so I installed my wiring, shortened the wire that goes to the receiver as I have done on every speed control, transponder, etc. over the past 8 years and plugged it in to the program card and it just says "loading..." nothing happens, it just sits on that screen. I have tried loading up Ver 2.2 software, still nothing. I have double, and triple checked my wiring and it all seems fine. The speed control updates perfectly normal so I assume thats a good sign. Keith suggested it could be a wiring issue because I shortened the wire but I've checked it and it seems to be fine as it plugs into the receiver and powers servo normally.

I attached a picture of what it does, and consolidated Ian Hardman already (who has been unbelievably helpful through my switch to Orca products) and we can't seem to figure it out (over the phone mind you). Just wanted to know if this has happened to any of you before.

As a note, both speed control and program card are running the same software Ver 3.0 120922O
Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Team ORCA USA Discussion Thread-20130110_211830_resized_1.jpg  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #214
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Steve,

I had an issue with one of mine doing that. I reloaded the software on the program card and speedo and it fixed it. I have not had any other issues with any of them I have had other than that one. Not sure if yours is the same or not but worth a shot to reload the card if you have not done so yet.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #215
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Steve,

I had an issue with one of mine doing that. I reloaded the software on the program card and speedo and it fixed it. I have not had any other issues with any of them I have had other than that one. Not sure if yours is the same or not but worth a shot to reload the card if you have not done so yet.

EA
Thanks EA, I tried loading 2.2 software onto both the esc and program card and that didn't work, and after that I reloaded ver 3.0 software and that didn't work either. Really don't know where to go from here. I will try uninstalling all the driver software on my computer and reinstalling to see if maybe the files are being corrupted in the writing process or something
Old 01-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #216
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Bortolotti View Post
Thanks EA, I tried loading 2.2 software onto both the esc and program card and that didn't work, and after that I reloaded ver 3.0 software and that didn't work either. Really don't know where to go from here. I will try uninstalling all the driver software on my computer and reinstalling to see if maybe the files are being corrupted in the writing process or something
Same thing happened to me. It ended up being the program card. I was able to program the speedo using a friend's at the track. Tried reloading the firmware on my card to no avail.

Contacted the vendor I purchased from and am exchanging the old card for a new one.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #217
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Bortolotti View Post
Just to update, I got it working. I have all the software versions saved on USB stick and was putting the downloaded software files into the Orca update program from the USB. I just copy/pasted the files onto my desktop and put them on the Orca update program from the desktop and now everything works fine. I assume my USB was causing an error of some kind in the updating process, but regardless, it works now without issue!

I also uninstalled all Orca software and reinstalled it for good measure which could have helped as well.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #218
Tech Rookie

Can anyone throw help with programing the Orca Spark ESC? I have tried following the directions but not having any sucess with the confusion in them. Any help would be very appriciated. Maybe even a short video?
brian0010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:30 AM   #219
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375
Default ROAR Approval

Awesomatix A800 - Sanwa M12S - R1 wurks - Team Silverbak Lipos - Muchmore - Axon
==========================================================

Last edited by DirtyDog3375; 01-16-2013 at 05:08 AM.
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #220
Tech Adept

Can someone help with a setup for VX speedo V3 in 17.5 boosted on an asphalt low grip track with 70Meter straight.
2Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #221
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Got a Pro Spec VC MKII for sale. Very little use. If you have the programer you can updated it to the latest software version. 150$ shipped.
Pics here
Old 01-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #222
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude View Post
Got a Pro Spec VC MKII for sale. Very little use. If you have the programer you can updated it to the latest software version. 150$ shipped.
Pics here

I don't think you can upgrade the software on that ESC
stikman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #223
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikman View Post
I don't think you can upgrade the software on that ESC
It's the MKII so it can be updated. I just don't have the usb adapter to do it. I have the older version of this which is physically identical and it can't be updated.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #224
Tech Rookie

has anyone tried the orca spark for 13.5 boosted class? im planning on getting one but i want to know if it will be competetive enough
canon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #225
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ran one with a 6.5 in my Tamiya mini. I can't say if it was competitive, but it unglued my tires at full boost, and it did nose wheelies when I slammed on the brakes.