R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #91
Tech Master
 
~McSmooth~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,065
Default

Time for a haiku!


My Team Scream motor
Is extremely fast in my
One-twelfth scale race car
__________________
DeSoto Racing * Franchise * Pro-One * Team Scream * Power Push * Team Ass

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!
~McSmooth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:58 AM   #92
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lutz, FL
Posts: 1,279
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1 View Post
Great results for the Team Scream 17.5 motors at NORCAR's Grand Finale!

3 out of the top 5 in 17.5 TC were Team Scream Motors!

2 were in the 1/12 17.5 main, with one a second place finish!
I was one of the three in TC and this motor was pretty awesome! Thanks to Wayne for build!

Now time for one in my 1/12!

Monti
Monti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #93
Tech Fanatic
 
PnchoPwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 756
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

I've been doing some research on the latest and greatest 17.5 motor. How would these Team Scream motors work in a blinky buggy?
__________________
Viper R/C Solutions~Pro Line Racing
PnchoPwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:40 PM   #94
sg1
Tech Elite
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,784
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnchoPwr View Post
I've been doing some research on the latest and greatest 17.5 motor. How would these Team Scream motors work in a blinky buggy?
They've been working great in offroad (S.C., buggy, and truck)!

Depending on track size and amount of traction we should be able to get you hooked up with the right rotor, timing, and starting FDR.
__________________
**Team Scream**Parma/PSE**TQ Wire**Roche**Pemberton**BSR**Graupner/GM**SXT**
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:52 PM   #95
sg1
Tech Elite
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,784
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Some feedback we got from a Kyosho driver was 34-69, 23* timing, with a 12.3 1300+g. The track was a medium traction indoor clay track, 80 x 40.

Other info...

On a 100 x 60 high bite indoor clay track, FDR 5.7, (33-78), 12.3 1300+g, with 20* timing.
__________________
**Team Scream**Parma/PSE**TQ Wire**Roche**Pemberton**BSR**Graupner/GM**SXT**
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #96
sg1
Tech Elite
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,784
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Motors and rotors went out!

PM's replied to!

Working on next orders
__________________
**Team Scream**Parma/PSE**TQ Wire**Roche**Pemberton**BSR**Graupner/GM**SXT**
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:35 AM   #97
sg1
Tech Elite
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,784
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default 13.5 testing :)

The first testing of the TSR 13.5 was over the weekend!

It was run in a WGT on a 88 x 40 high bite indoor carpet track.

In previous runs 42 6:03 was the fastest overall run with 8.3's up front and 8.5/.6 at the end.

After changing rotors, timing, and gearing the first 43 lap run was made.
8.2's up front and 8.5's at the end. Motor temp was 140's.

Set up for the 13.5 ended up with a 12.5 3 line rotor (1600g).
Endbell timing of 17* with 44-88 gearing on 2.04" tires.

Testing will continue on
__________________
**Team Scream**Parma/PSE**TQ Wire**Roche**Pemberton**BSR**Graupner/GM**SXT**
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:09 AM   #98
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,487
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1 View Post
The first testing of the TSR 13.5 was over the weekend!

It was run in a WGT on a 88 x 40 high bite indoor carpet track.

In previous runs 42 6:03 was the fastest overall run with 8.3's up front and 8.5/.6 at the end.

After changing rotors, timing, and gearing the first 43 lap run was made.
8.2's up front and 8.5's at the end. Motor temp was 140's.

Set up for the 13.5 ended up with a 12.5 3 line rotor (1600g).
Endbell timing of 17* with 44-88 gearing on 2.04" tires.

Testing will continue on
I didnt even realize rotors were able to be made with such high numbers. Dang!
thecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:22 AM   #99
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,381
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Agreed! Do want!
__________________
X-ray T4'16 stock TC, Xray T4'15 mod sedan, Xray xb4. Xray, Motiv, Team debit card.
Boostinswifty38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:42 AM   #100
sg1
Tech Elite
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,784
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

To give a reference to other rotors using my meter:

stock purple ring 1250-1300
12.5 gray ring 1320-1370
12.5 turquoise 1440-1500

TSR "2 line" 1400's
TSR "3 line" 1500's, some coming in at 1600
__________________
**Team Scream**Parma/PSE**TQ Wire**Roche**Pemberton**BSR**Graupner/GM**SXT**
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:54 AM   #101
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I have looked at many, many rotors over the past year or two, since my motor program has evolved. The bulk of which were from Trinity, standard and the "5%/Certified" stuff.... but I have measured rotors from lots of different companies, including some of the latest hotness like R1Wurks, Team Powers, etc.

A solid 12.5HT rotor from Trinity measures in the mid-high 1400s on my meter... ~1460-1480G. The strongest Trinity 12.5HT I have looked at to date, has come in at ~1520G. This rotor was stronger than any of the other stock/spec legal rotors I have measured from Trinity or any other company at the time.

Wayne sent me 5-6 different rotors to test in the Team Scream 17.5... The 12.5mm high-torque/"3-line"/etc rotor is the strongest stock rotor I have ever seen. It measured ~1605G on my meter... Pretty staggering numbers. I did my best to make the testing and measurements consistent and accurate, but Im sure there is still some degree of error in all of this. Regardless, the 12.5HT Team Scream rotors are some serious magnets.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #102
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,487
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
I have looked at many, many rotors over the past year or two, since my motor program has evolved. The bulk of which were from Trinity, standard and the "5%/Certified" stuff.... but I have measured rotors from lots of different companies, including some of the latest hotness like R1Wurks, Team Powers, etc.

A solid 12.5HT rotor from Trinity measures in the mid-high 1400s on my meter... ~1460-1480G. The strongest Trinity 12.5HT I have looked at to date, has come in at ~1520G. This rotor was stronger than any of the other stock/spec legal rotors I have measured from Trinity or any other company at the time.

Wayne sent me 5-6 different rotors to test in the Team Scream 17.5... The 12.5mm high-torque/"3-line"/etc rotor is the strongest stock rotor I have ever seen. It measured ~1605G on my meter... Pretty staggering numbers. I did my best to make the testing and measurements consistent and accurate, but Im sure there is still some degree of error in all of this. Regardless, the 12.5HT Team Scream rotors are some serious magnets.
I did my testing as well, with a Fantom IR/rotor checker. The numbers Wayne said were on the rotors/ motors were the numbers that came up on my checker. about .1 difference (in the good way) on the motor IR. As for the rotors, they were spot on. Did the tests about 5 times per rotor. Good quality stuff!
thecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:31 AM   #103
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,381
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I haven't been able to try my motor from Wayne yet since it's been off road locally the last month and I'm in Indy for work (month of may is busy for an Indy team), but I see good things and can't wait to try. I feel it would be a good company for me to represent!
__________________
X-ray T4'16 stock TC, Xray T4'15 mod sedan, Xray xb4. Xray, Motiv, Team debit card.
Boostinswifty38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #104
sg1
Tech Elite
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,784
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

More testing of the 13.5's were done over the weekend!

In WGT with a high bite carpet track approx. 88 x 40 with some turns that require breaks the 12.5 3 line rotor worked great!

Testing will continue this weekend on the oval now


As for orders...


All the orders recieved the last couple days have gone out!

If you have any questions about gearing please post them here.
__________________
**Team Scream**Parma/PSE**TQ Wire**Roche**Pemberton**BSR**Graupner/GM**SXT**
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #105
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 24
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I order one last week and I can not wait for it to show up.
Bobbyb84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:07 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0