R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree115Likes

Old 09-10-2017, 07:21 AM   #1726
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoKrosse View Post
Within the past month, and after the new ROAR rules were announced, I bought a 21.5 and a 17.5 version of 'The One' motors....are you now telling me I will need to buy new motors to get the latest and greatest team Scream motors?....or is there something you can do to help someone out that thought he was buying the latest and greatest motors that fit within the new rules?

Don't get me wrong, I think your motors are certainly faster than the Trinity 24K and D4 motors I was running but I bought your motors thinking they were the final version that fit within the new rule.

What changed in your new version from the ones I bought, and what can you do for a tight budget racer that can't afford the new motor of the month? I am willing to work with you in order to get your best product and stay up with my stiff competition.

Lil Help?!

(You can PM me if you prefer to keep your response private.)
There's always something new around the corner. I'm not sure why you'd think they'd stop trying to improve their motors. (BTW the current motors were designed before the new ROAR rules were announced)

If you're a tight budget racer, the best thing you can do is stop trying to keep up with the latest bleeding edge motors. Only upgrade when your current motors are measurably holding you back.
gigaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:52 AM   #1727
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hopefully there is clear indication what the new motors are on the website like for example 1.1 "The One" or something. Would love to see the use of photos too to show the newest motors if there is any difference.

My Outdated R/C Car collection:
Associated B44, Associated NTC3, Tamiya TRF415, TRF415 MSX MRE, TRF416X
190mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:45 PM   #1728
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
Only upgrade when your current motors are measurably holding you back.
Yeah I get it, they won't stop trying to improve.....but since I placed my order weeks after the new rules were announced, and that my motors were being assembled after the rules change, I was working under the assumption that the new motors were going to be at those new standards.

Since you're well aware of my budget racing I guessed that you'd already know that I was measurably slower and in need.....but I'm just guessing. ...

Oo=00=oO
OttoKrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:52 PM   #1729
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Yeah I get it, they won't stop trying to improve.....but since I placed my order weeks after the new rules were announced, and that my motors were being assembled after the rules change, I was working under the assumption that the new motors were going to be at those new standards.

Since you're well aware of my budget racing I guessed that you'd already know that I was measurably slower and in need.....but I'm just guessing. ...
And I am heading to the IIC with two old "The Ones" that I am sure will be more than adequate. 😁
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 03:42 PM   #1730
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Having a new motor in the works isn't the same thing as offering a new motor to the public. the team has been working for months to get these motors to the edge of a ever changing legal point ... With every submission from other manufactures has pushed the limit even further allowing us to make more changes to design to keep right in front of the rest. Which is why they Havnt been officially announced to the public . approvals first then marketing ,they don't want anyone buying paperweights...
davidl likes this.
jlfx car audio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:03 PM   #1731
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
Having a new motor in the works isn't the same thing as offering a new motor to the public. the team has been working for months to get these motors to the edge of a ever changing legal point ... With every submission from other manufactures has pushed the limit even further allowing us to make more changes to design to keep right in front of the rest. Which is why they Havnt been officially announced to the public . approvals first then marketing ,they don't want anyone buying paperweights...
TOM MAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:25 PM   #1732
Tech Master

Quote:
It takes more than a few weeks to design and test a new motor design. And the new rules don't really change the standards. Previously motor designers could make the IR as low as possible. The new rules pretty much just say that they're stopping that, and the new limit is based on the existing available motors. The TSR is already one of the best. So the current motors fit both the old and new standards.

Quote:
The current motors that you've just ordered should close that gap. I wouldn't expect the newer motors to make a significant difference. The whole point of the new rules is to slow down the rate of improvements over the current motors. The timing is a bit unfortunate, but had you waited a bit and ordered the newer one, you'd be in the same boat in a few months anyway.

I'm also in a similar situation regarding budget, so I do empathise with you. I can afford newer equipment, but I've got a self imposed budget as I want to make sure I'm focusing on why I'm in this hobby - for fun. Excessive spending isn't fun. I've only recently upgraded to a newer motor from a second hand ancient motor as it was definitely holding me back. But I'm still running it in an ancient TC3
davidl likes this.
gigaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:30 AM   #1733
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190mph View Post
Hopefully there is clear indication what the new motors are on the website like for example 1.1 "The One" or something. Would love to see the use of photos too to show the newest motors if there is any difference.
There will be

Things are getting closer to being finalized!
190mph likes this.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:47 AM   #1734
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1 View Post
There will be

Things are getting closer to being finalized!
How does one get on the list for the "new" motor? Do you think they'll be available by the end of the month?
E

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:53 AM   #1735
sg1
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF View Post
How does one get on the list for the "new" motor? Do you think they'll be available by the end of the month?
E
The website will have it listed very soon

It will be "2.0"
Old 09-11-2017, 10:31 AM   #1736
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
The current motors that you've just ordered should close that gap. I wouldn't expect the newer motors to make a significant difference. The whole point of the new rules is to slow down the rate of improvements over the current motors. The timing is a bit unfortunate, but had you waited a bit and ordered the newer one, you'd be in the same boat in a few months anyway.

I'm also in a similar situation regarding budget, so I do empathise with you. I can afford newer equipment, but I've got a self imposed budget as I want to make sure I'm focusing on why I'm in this hobby - for fun. Excessive spending isn't fun. I've only recently upgraded to a newer motor from a second hand ancient motor as it was definitely holding me back. But I'm still running it in an ancient TC3
The new Team Scream motors I bought have closed the gap and I'm pleased with the newfound speed, and noticed that they run cooler than the Trinity motors I just retired....even in the high heat of the Arizona desert.

Oo=00=oO
OttoKrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:50 PM   #1737
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

There is always room for improvements somewhere, somehow, someway.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:25 AM   #1738
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gearhead_22

anyone running the tsr in a 17.5 2wd buggy on a clay track?
Juwan Hunter http://rccarworld.com/............ serpent.com
Track director at RCCW.
gearhead_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:29 AM   #1739
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Juwan, try getting a hold of Lance. He should get you in the ballpark
gearhead_22 likes this.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:01 AM   #1740
sg1
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_22 View Post
anyone running the tsr in a 17.5 2wd buggy on a clay track?
On small indoor tracks guys have been running 55* on the motolyser and dropping a few pinions.