R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree115Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2017, 07:21 AM   #1726
Tech Master
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 1,518
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoKrosse View Post
Within the past month, and after the new ROAR rules were announced, I bought a 21.5 and a 17.5 version of 'The One' motors....are you now telling me I will need to buy new motors to get the latest and greatest team Scream motors?....or is there something you can do to help someone out that thought he was buying the latest and greatest motors that fit within the new rules?

Don't get me wrong, I think your motors are certainly faster than the Trinity 24K and D4 motors I was running but I bought your motors thinking they were the final version that fit within the new rule.

What changed in your new version from the ones I bought, and what can you do for a tight budget racer that can't afford the new motor of the month? I am willing to work with you in order to get your best product and stay up with my stiff competition.

Lil Help?!

(You can PM me if you prefer to keep your response private.)
There's always something new around the corner. I'm not sure why you'd think they'd stop trying to improve their motors. (BTW the current motors were designed before the new ROAR rules were announced)

If you're a tight budget racer, the best thing you can do is stop trying to keep up with the latest bleeding edge motors. Only upgrade when your current motors are measurably holding you back.
gigaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:52 AM   #1727
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,012
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Hopefully there is clear indication what the new motors are on the website like for example 1.1 "The One" or something. Would love to see the use of photos too to show the newest motors if there is any difference.
__________________
Yokomo BD8 x 2 , BD7 2016, YRX-12, Tamiya TRF419, Associated B6, B6D, B5M Factory Lite, B64D, B44.3, RC8B3, RC8B3e

My Outdated R/C Car collection:
Associated B44, Associated NTC3, Tamiya TRF415, TRF415 MSX MRE, TRF416X
190mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:45 PM   #1728
Tech Regular
 
OttoKrosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mesa, AZ, USA
Posts: 405
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
Only upgrade when your current motors are measurably holding you back.
Yeah I get it, they won't stop trying to improve.....but since I placed my order weeks after the new rules were announced, and that my motors were being assembled after the rules change, I was working under the assumption that the new motors were going to be at those new standards.

Since you're well aware of my budget racing I guessed that you'd already know that I was measurably slower and in need.....but I'm just guessing. ...
__________________
This space for rent.

Oo=00=oO
OttoKrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:52 PM   #1729
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,232
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoKrosse View Post
Yeah I get it, they won't stop trying to improve.....but since I placed my order weeks after the new rules were announced, and that my motors were being assembled after the rules change, I was working under the assumption that the new motors were going to be at those new standards.

Since you're well aware of my budget racing I guessed that you'd already know that I was measurably slower and in need.....but I'm just guessing. ...
And I am heading to the IIC with two old "The Ones" that I am sure will be more than adequate. 😁
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 03:42 PM   #1730
Tech Elite
 
jlfx car audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jackson,tn
Posts: 3,354
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Having a new motor in the works isn't the same thing as offering a new motor to the public. the team has been working for months to get these motors to the edge of a ever changing legal point ... With every submission from other manufactures has pushed the limit even further allowing us to make more changes to design to keep right in front of the rest. Which is why they Havnt been officially announced to the public . approvals first then marketing ,they don't want anyone buying paperweights...
davidl likes this.
jlfx car audio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:03 PM   #1731
Tech Fanatic
 
TOM MAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 992
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
Having a new motor in the works isn't the same thing as offering a new motor to the public. the team has been working for months to get these motors to the edge of a ever changing legal point ... With every submission from other manufactures has pushed the limit even further allowing us to make more changes to design to keep right in front of the rest. Which is why they Havnt been officially announced to the public . approvals first then marketing ,they don't want anyone buying paperweights...
TOM MAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:25 PM   #1732
Tech Master
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 1,518
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoKrosse View Post
Yeah I get it, they won't stop trying to improve.....but since I placed my order weeks after the new rules were announced, and that my motors were being assembled after the rules change, I was working under the assumption that the new motors were going to be at those new standards.
It takes more than a few weeks to design and test a new motor design. And the new rules don't really change the standards. Previously motor designers could make the IR as low as possible. The new rules pretty much just say that they're stopping that, and the new limit is based on the existing available motors. The TSR is already one of the best. So the current motors fit both the old and new standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoKrosse View Post
Since you're well aware of my budget racing I guessed that you'd already know that I was measurably slower and in need.....but I'm just guessing. ...
The current motors that you've just ordered should close that gap. I wouldn't expect the newer motors to make a significant difference. The whole point of the new rules is to slow down the rate of improvements over the current motors. The timing is a bit unfortunate, but had you waited a bit and ordered the newer one, you'd be in the same boat in a few months anyway.

I'm also in a similar situation regarding budget, so I do empathise with you. I can afford newer equipment, but I've got a self imposed budget as I want to make sure I'm focusing on why I'm in this hobby - for fun. Excessive spending isn't fun. I've only recently upgraded to a newer motor from a second hand ancient motor as it was definitely holding me back. But I'm still running it in an ancient TC3
davidl likes this.
gigaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:30 AM   #1733
sg1
Tech Elite
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,058
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190mph View Post
Hopefully there is clear indication what the new motors are on the website like for example 1.1 "The One" or something. Would love to see the use of photos too to show the newest motors if there is any difference.
There will be

Things are getting closer to being finalized!
190mph likes this.
__________________
**Team Scream**Parma/PSE**TQ Wire**Roche**Pemberton**BSR**Graupner/GM**SXT**
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:47 AM   #1734
Tech Master
 
EricF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1 View Post
There will be

Things are getting closer to being finalized!
How does one get on the list for the "new" motor? Do you think they'll be available by the end of the month?
E
__________________
<
AE 12R5.2 & R6(x2) - TC7.1 convert, F6 - M05 - M05V2R

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:53 AM   #1735
sg1
Tech Elite
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,058
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF View Post
How does one get on the list for the "new" motor? Do you think they'll be available by the end of the month?
E
The website will have it listed very soon

It will be "2.0"
__________________
**Team Scream**Parma/PSE**TQ Wire**Roche**Pemberton**BSR**Graupner/GM**SXT**
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:31 AM   #1736
Tech Regular
 
OttoKrosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mesa, AZ, USA
Posts: 405
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
The current motors that you've just ordered should close that gap. I wouldn't expect the newer motors to make a significant difference. The whole point of the new rules is to slow down the rate of improvements over the current motors. The timing is a bit unfortunate, but had you waited a bit and ordered the newer one, you'd be in the same boat in a few months anyway.

I'm also in a similar situation regarding budget, so I do empathise with you. I can afford newer equipment, but I've got a self imposed budget as I want to make sure I'm focusing on why I'm in this hobby - for fun. Excessive spending isn't fun. I've only recently upgraded to a newer motor from a second hand ancient motor as it was definitely holding me back. But I'm still running it in an ancient TC3
The new Team Scream motors I bought have closed the gap and I'm pleased with the newfound speed, and noticed that they run cooler than the Trinity motors I just retired....even in the high heat of the Arizona desert.

__________________
This space for rent.

Oo=00=oO
OttoKrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:50 PM   #1737
Tech Elite
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,190
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

There is always room for improvements somewhere, somehow, someway.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:25 AM   #1738
Tech Elite
 
gearhead_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly
Posts: 2,544
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gearhead_22
Default

anyone running the tsr in a 17.5 2wd buggy on a clay track?
__________________
serpent 977WC-novarossi-748TQ
serpent S120 LTR-S411 4X-F110 fs2
serpent America/Ashford Hobby/skyrocket racing
Juwan Hunter http://rccarworld.com/............ serpent.com
Track director at RCCW.
gearhead_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:29 AM   #1739
Tech Regular
 
gazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 355
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Juwan, try getting a hold of Lance. He should get you in the ballpark
gearhead_22 likes this.
__________________
Kyle Majikas E-Town posse, Pro One R/C, TQ wire, SpeedMerchant, MC˛ Racing, Hobbywing North America
gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:01 AM   #1740
sg1
Tech Elite
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,058
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_22 View Post
anyone running the tsr in a 17.5 2wd buggy on a clay track?
On small indoor tracks guys have been running 55* on the motolyser and dropping a few pinions.
__________________
**Team Scream**Parma/PSE**TQ Wire**Roche**Pemberton**BSR**Graupner/GM**SXT**
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:36 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net