Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Owen racing anodizing service Q&A >

Owen racing anodizing service Q&A

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Owen racing anodizing service Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 04:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Can't wait to see your car in mod this weekend
Old 05-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
Can't wait to see your car in mod this weekend
Its not anodized yet, customers are in front of even me!
Old 05-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Mike and I will be at the Reedy Race at Norcal Hobbies this weekend. Again, feel free to come talk to us about anodizing, racing, anything.

The team email ([email protected]) will be scarcely replied too. And RCTech PM's to Mike (Owen Racing) will not be replayed to till next week.

Thanks,

Team Owen Racing
Old 06-20-2010, 02:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys I fired off a email about anodizing some B44 parts, when you get some time to review the mail, can you get back to me please?

Thanks..

Actually some of my question may apply to the people here, if you would permit me to ask them here for the benifit of others, I would think some might find them enlightening.

I see from some pics that perhaps tierods can be treated as well, is this true and if so does the material the tierod matter for your process? Can you process titanium? And is there any discrepancy in the colorization from that of aluminum?

Is your anodizing service “true” anodizing or is it more akin to the dying/colorization process? Are you using Sulfuric acid anodizing, or a different process?

I am also wondering if you are able to do the hard anodizing process?

How is the durability of your process? Can it be washed off with light/medium solvents, or does it resist and seal the parts well?

What size parts are you capable of processing if I were to need a part anodized in the future? I do a lot of prototyping aluminum parts, and could really use a good local anodizing service?
TIA
Old 06-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rotarypower101
Hey guys I fired off a email about anodizing some B44 parts, when you get some time to review the mail, can you get back to me please?

Thanks..

Actually some of my question may apply to the people here, if you would permit me to ask them here for the benifit of others, I would think some might find them enlightening.

TIA
Hey Man,

ive been writing a reply to your email when I have chances on my iPhone. I just started a new job today, so ive been signing papers (contracts) all week.

Sorry for the inconveniences, as much as Brandon (Blackedoutrevo) helps out i'm a one man show for helping the RC customers.

-Mike.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Hey Man,

ive been writing a reply to your email when I have chances on my iPhone. I just started a new job today, so ive been signing papers (contracts) all week.

Sorry for the inconveniences, as much as Brandon (Blackedoutrevo) helps out i'm a one man show for helping the RC customers.

-Mike.
No problem, completely understand, admire your entrepreneurmanship.

Did you end up with a iP4? love mine, reception issues/design are odd....but overall very happy so far.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rotarypower101
No problem, completely understand, admire your entrepreneurmanship.

Did you end up with a iP4? love mine, reception issues/design are odd....but overall very happy so far.
Everybody but myself got one! Ive got other things to worry about rite now, my old 3g still works fine.

I got back to your email last night.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Are you MIA? Still around? Still anodizing? How much is it?
Old 08-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BSchorr
Are you MIA? Still around? Still anodizing? How much is it?
I am pretty sure I am still alive, some how.

What do you need anodized man? Shoot me a PM or Email and I can get you taken care of.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Mike ygpm.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey Mike ygpm.
Replied!

Just letting everybody know,
The shop that has been providing us with all of our anodizing is having some "Issues". It is supposed to be ironed out by the beginning of the week and will work our for everybody that has parts for us.

People have been sending us a lot of 1/12 front ends (and 1/12ths at that). Some cars have colored front ends for cars that are not colored, and the black makes them not stick out so much in comparison to the other colors. Or it just matches perfect.

We have been quoting $10.00 for front end and little parts along with that. This includes return shipping.

As always, Thanks Everybody. When your not racing, send pictures .

-Mike Owen
Old 09-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Default Well...

It pains me to announce, but we (Owen Racing) will not be providing anodizing services until further notice. I'm taking educational leave, plus, I wanna work on my own cars again If I quoted anybody, I can still get your parts finished.

Team Drivers: Thanks you guys for all the support! We will be in contact with some future Owen Racing bits. Working on some things..

Thanks to all my customers, friends, and drivers.. I hope to see you at some races! Good to make some buddies.. Owen Racing is not done, just taking a leave for awhile

-Mike Owen (And the whole Owen Racing crew)
Old 10-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Mike,
Its a bummer that for now your services are on hold. Shoot me an email when your back in the swing of things so I can send more stuff. Good luck with the schooling and all. Thanks for the great work too. Heres the finished pics of the pan car.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Awesome Man! Take the case off of that SPX and dye it black
Old 10-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Blacked out cars are always so pretty!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.