R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #196
Tech Regular

I got my Version 4 SMW 17.5. Ran it in my 22T. My old motor was a version 2, and I would run 1/2 to full throttle on a technical offroad course. The version 4 is outstanding. Never over 1/2 throttle, and most of the time, I was running around 1/4 throttle. Im way under geared too. Great motor and scooter is the best to deal with.
Thank you!
Team Driver: Scooters Motorwork : Boca Bearings : Crawford Performance Engineering : RC OMG : Downriver RC : Alycat Software, the only timing you will ever need!
Downriver R/C, Racing since 1986
JimmyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #197
Tech Adept
Thumbs up 17.5 V4---WOW!!

After FINALLY getting to run Scoot's latest version of his 17.5(V4) at NorCal Hobbies' track ( location of the Reedy TC Race of Champions) last weekend in 17.5 Blinky Sedan, I can only say......WOW! Scooter you've outdone yourself again. With minimal motor timing (approx.18-20 degrees) FDR of 4.0, mtr. temp of 136f, I've got waaay more punch and midrange comming out of the turns as well as top end on the straight it's amazing! Announcer even made a comment about checking my esc for "blinky" mode, after blowing passed the P2 car on the straight. Everything legit at tech. I am delighted with these new powerhouses! Can't wait to test my other 17.5 SMW (dyno #s slightly better)....barely. Also can't wait to run the 13.5 SMW at Tamiya Raceway next month. As a team driver, I can't thank Scooter's enough for such a GREAT motor, AND all the tech support and motor knowledge that has been shared with me. Chris Scarbrough
casrcr is offline   Reply With Quote